Rabid Beetles

I watched several videos of Hamlet (thanks to Volx, DemonRebuilt and CrypticFox), and I noticed that the rabid beetles did not lose interest in the player. DS mobs have always abandoned the pursuit of the player (except bosses), except the rabid beetles who do not want to let go. It's normal ?

22 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

hounds don't loose interest in the player, unless there's something else, right?
same goes for beetles

It's true, but I do not believe that rabid beetles play the role of "nuisance that comes to you at any time and any biome" like crocodogs, hounds. There has always been 1 mob by DLC playing this role, and vampire bats do it already, it's weird.

2 hours ago, Philsam said:

I noticed that the rabid beetles did not lose

They lose aggro like any other animal, but most if not all the time, Aggro is based around what's closest during it's aggro switch, which is usually a taunt, such as it screaming. EX: If you're the closest thing when it screams, It'll go for you most of the time. 
Also, personally I feel them being fast is a good thing, when we're talking about the creature itself. I mean, it has "Rabid" in its name. 

It's bloody amazing to see swarms of these things zoom out the Jungle and begin to scream at everything before shredding them down. Personally, they've never bothered me, and Bug'B'gone is very useful. 

20 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Rabid Beetles are weird in general. They appear to swich aggro when 1 of tchem gets attacked by other creature or player.

They aggro to the closet thing no matter how far away it is

Thanks, I did not know that

6 hours ago, Hx380 said:

You can easly craft it even before the beetles become a plague

It's true

36 minutes ago, beautybug said:

They do, you just have to be quick. WX with system overload is enough to outrun them, or stalking stick

Thanks ^^

Archived