The blunderbuss

So what does everyone think about it? I haven’t used it in game so I’m trying to get an opinion before I use a gear on it. The wiki says it has the same damage as gunpowder so on paper it sounds amazing. Apart from the resource cost of gunpowder of course. Would it be a legitimate weapon to use for a boss?

I really like this weapon, it is better than the powder to hit a target like a boss. Generally, gunpowder alone is used after the boss is asleep, while with the Blunderbuss it is precise and no need to sleep mobs, the problem is that we can not use it properly against the bosses of Hamlet.

24 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

You have to reload after every shot

True. And that's the reason I can't see it being used in most boss battles. For me it's best to use it to oneshot mobs that have under 200 hp and are annoying to deal with, or to combo it with few meele hits and use it as a finisher on pig-thief running away.

If you have it it means that you carry gunpowder, wich in certain scenarios can be used to unlock secret passages or kill swarm of mobs.

Also I find this weapon very cool.

4 hours ago, woodchip said:

Would it be a legitimate weapon to use for a boss?

• Gunpowder deals more damage against the Pugalisk than the Blunderbuss and outrunning Pugalisk is hard.
  • The Queen Womant is a boss in a really tiny room which doesn't deal any melee damage.
  • The BFB can't be killed at all.

This weapon is already useless against the Hamlet-Bosses.

SW has Spear Guns which grants you at least 816 ranged damage if you have 8 spears or manage to pick up the spear whenever you use the gun and it's easier to find two Flints instead of 4x Nitre, unless you're gambling nonstop at the Slot Machine or playing as Woodlegs.

But the weapon might be pretty nice against Dragonfly or the Moslings in RoG.

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

SW has Spear Guns which grants you at least 816 ranged damage if you have 8 spears or manage to pick up the spear whenever you use the gun and it's easier to find two Flints instead of 4x Nitre, unless you're gambling nonstop at the Slot Machine or playing as Woodlegs.

Spear guns in SW are so underrated. One thing you could do late game is carry multiple blunderbusses preloaded and fire them I n sequence, but a stack of darts is easier.

3 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Spear guns in SW are so underrated. One thing you could do late game is carry multiple blunderbusses preloaded and fire them I n sequence, but a stack of darts is easier.

Guess the only reason why Spear Guns were implemented was to get rid of Prime Apes.

Spear Gun Hamlet Statistics (normal spear):

Spoiler

1 Spear Gun shot:

2 Spear Gun shots:

3 Spear Gun shots:

4 Spear Gun shots:

From my opinion, the Spear Gun weapon might be useful against:

• Hanging Vines (Ranged oneshot)
  • Dung Beetles (If you can't outrun them and don't want to spend too much time; nice way to farm flints)
  • Scorpions (Either 2 Spears or 1 Blunderbuss will be enough to prevent being poisoned)
  • Masked Pig (Either 3 Spears or 1 Spear + 1 Blunderbuss to get him and his drops for sure)
  • Platapine (Replaces boomerang and prevents him from picking even more flowers)

Archived