Linking worlds

magia

So I've been playing for 60 days on RoG in order to prepare some stuff for an easy start in Hamlet. The problem is, the day counter in the new, Hamlet world didn't reset, wich means I started HM with hay fever during aporkalipse. Is this intended? Lush season aside, not having any warnings and time before aporkalipse feels pretty anticlimatic.

It does seem like the day count has been one of the buggiest aspects of the game when traveling between DLCs. With SW it was messed up for ages ( I heard they finally fixed it but have no first hand experience of that). So they were really tempting fate by making the “big boss” in Hamlet an actual season triggered by the day count.

I think that the game tries to emulate the time spent in the worlds it generates.

(So, if you spend 60 days in ROG, then move to Hamlet, the game emulates the 60 days in Hamlet to get a somewhat accurate representation of what the environment would look like. That has the side effect of the Aporkalypse Calendar activating after 60 days, so if you move to Hamlet past day 60, the Aporkalypse will always be activated.)

(Or, the game acts as if 60 days already passed once you've traveled to Hamlet, and the Aporkalypse activates. Which is basically the same thing just a bit less complex.)

19 minutes ago, Roosev said:

I think that the game tries to emulate the time spent in the worlds it generates.

(So, if you spend 60 days in ROG, then move to Hamlet, the game emulates the 60 days in Hamlet to get a somewhat accurate representation of what the environment would look like. That has the side effect of the Aporkalypse Calendar activating after 60 days, so if you move to Hamlet past day 60, the Aporkalypse will always be activated.)

(Or, the game acts as if 60 days already passed once you've traveled to Hamlet, and the Aporkalypse activates. Which is basically the same thing just a bit less complex.)

It does, but the most serious and persistent bugs plaguing single-player have had to do with the day count getting messed up when you went between SW and ROG or even just went into the volcano on SW. For whatever reason, the day count is a big challenge. So it does seem weird that they'd make a game mechanic that uses it.

As far as world count goes, other issue I had on this world appered when I was going back from caves after few days spent there. What happens is, after clock goes into nightime, game freezes, and after restart, it's autosaved from after exiting caves but with different part of the day and if I remember correctly, day counter saying its 2 days earlier. Health is as it suppposed to be and items I carry are still there though.

Had similar problem.  Had three games in which I went from ROG to Hamlet, and all three I rushed through ROG to get to Hamlet as quick as possible.  However, the day count when I got to Hamlet was unpredictable.  Seemed random.  I had assumed I would start Hamlet on Day 1, just like when progressing in Adventure Mode.  The other possibility would be to have the day count consistent, so if I leave ROG on day 3, arrive in Hamlet on day 3.  

Just now, ucw said:

Had similar problem.  Had three games in which I went from ROG to Hamlet, and all three I rushed through ROG to get to Hamlet as quick as possible.  However, the day count when I got to Hamlet was unpredictable.  Seemed random.  I had assumed I would start Hamlet on Day 1, just like when progressing in Adventure Mode.  The other possibility would be to have the day count consistent, so if I leave ROG on day 3, arrive in Hamlet on day 3.  

once you start traveling between worlds the game will start to have a couple strokes and it becomes a buggy mess klei really needs to polish up world travel not just for hamlet but in general 

On 15.12.2018 at 12:09 PM, Rellimarual said:

I heard they finally fixed it but have no first hand experience of that

It's mostly fixed. Or at least that's how it works on my recent (made like 8 months ago) RoG+SW savefile:
SW seasons are delayed by 4 days, so when winter ends in RoG in SW there will be 4 days of hurricane season left. Of course it should be totally synced, but still. It's something! No mixing seasons, either.

Archived