Theory of BFB, and Ancients

Let's talk about BFB

BFB formerly called ROC is a beautiful bird, but several questions trot in my head.

-Why does he want to take the player, not a mob?

-Why is he so tall (will you tell me natural selection)?

-What is its origin ?

I have not started an investigation against him yet, but I'm thinking of starting one, he intrigues me much more than Pugalisk, Womant and the other bosses, because BFB is presented as a boss but he did not I do not want to kill you and even help you unlock Wilba. It surely has a link with the "Ancients", who are the ancients? We do not know much about them, only spirits who come back from far away, these spirits were they material there is good. long before the player arrives? There's something that intrigues me with Klei, they manage to place a doubt, the Ancients are powerful fears, Fuelweaver would probably be their king, or lord or something else, since upon waking, he notices that civilization that he had built disappeared. I do not know if it appears on the Metheus fresco, but they necessarily have a link, just as I think Ancient Herald has a connection with Fuelweaver. What seemed to me just as immaterial shadows that become material, is more than that. Back to BFB, it does not spawn during Aporkalypse, it would surprise me that it does not appear because it is afraid, Aporkalypse is necessarily led by Ancient Herald. And if BFB was the "pet" of the old? There are so many things I could talk about, we'll know more, later Maxwell and Charlie are next to nothing, it turns out that Maxwell did not create everything and ignores many things.

11 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

the ancients were a race or athropods (spiders is arthropods, i think), their downfall was caused by their overuse of nightmare fuel.
dont have time now, can tell more about them later

Thanks, I better understand your profile picture which contains 4 legs on the left side and necessarily 4 on the other, and also the creature of the shadow with 8 legs, what a sad end for this civilization. I would like a character who has a link with the Ancients.

they once lived on the surface
once they found thulecite (and nightmare fuel, i think), they became an powerful species, with acvanced techology , including short-range teleportation.
but their overuse of nightmare fuel led to their downfall, and now only the ruins remain.
the ancient guardan have also been changed by the fuel. (Maxwell knew the guardian, before he got changed)
the ancients also made the clockworks, but Maxwell copied them.

27 minutes ago, Philsam said:

Thanks, I better understand your profile picture which contains 4 legs on the left side and necessarily 4 on the other, and also the creature of the shadow with 8 legs, what a sad end for this civilization. I would like a character who has a link with the Ancients.

you'll probably get a good idea for a character :)

11 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

they once lived on the surface
once they found thulecite (and nightmare fuel, i think), they became an powerful species, with acvanced techology , including short-range teleportation.
but their overuse of nightmare fuel led to their downfall, and now only the ruins remain.
the ancient guardan have also been changed by the fuel. (Maxwell knew the guardian, before he got changed)
the ancients also made the clockworks, but Maxwell copied them.

you'll probably get a good idea for a character :)

How do you know all this? It's impressive ! That might give me a good idea, I might start writing it tonight or tomorrow, and publish it tomorrow, it might sound weird, but it makes me so happy :D

29 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

Some of the information comes from DST in-game and from puzzles.

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Mural

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Line

Here is a video I found. I do not know where the pictures are from, if it is in DST in-game or in the files or on the methedus page.

Thanks you very much !

4 hours ago, Philsam said:

Let's talk about BFB

BFB formerly called ROC is a beautiful bird, but several questions trot in my head.

-Why does he want to take the player, not a mob?

-Why is he so tall (will you tell me natural selection)?

-What is its origin ?

1: It isn't "formally" called the Roc, it IS the Roc, but is referred to as BFB in game. It shares both names, both used in different areas.

2:This is an interesting question, we know it doesn't want to kill us, because it simply would. I thought it was trying to feed it's unhatched Children/child, but I still want to know more.

3: Yes, I will say this is a natural thing, or part of it's race of Bird. But, knowing the Creatures in the constant, there might be another unknown reason.

4: this kind of falls in line with 3, but I'd also like to know about its Origin.

Spoiler

Kind of related, but kinda not.

DO NOT Believe Ro-Bin to be it's child... They look nothing alike whatsoever. Unless you like, count feather colors.
There's a mob in the game that can only be spawned with the Console so far and It's called the "chicken" and it looks almost identical to what a baby Roc would look like, and I feel that's it's true child. Heck, Ro-bin has 1 mouth and no neck, or like, defined feet, or anything the Roc has.

9 hours ago, metallichydra said:

overuse

Overuse? I think we all agreed that the Ancients ate nightmare fuel and thus being their downfall, since the statues/murals of the atrium pretty much hint at it.

Why would they eat nightmare fuel ? well because in the mural of the metheus puzzle there's some ancients giving food to some weird centipede. Maybe they run out of food and start eating fuel.

But why would the Ancient would go down in the ruins? Maybe just to run away from birds like Roc, maybe the bird with blue wings are Rocs

Just now, Maximus_A_874 said:

But why would the Ancient would go down in the ruins? Maybe just to run away from birds like Roc, maybe the bird with blue wings are Rocs

oh god theres more of them also yeah they we're starving but I doubt the ate it that would be the equivalent of eating oil or your dreams 

2 hours ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

Overuse? I think we all agreed that the Ancients ate nightmare fuel and thus being their downfall, since the statues/murals of the atrium pretty much hint at it.

Why would they eat nightmare fuel ? well because in the mural of the metheus puzzle there's some ancients giving food to some weird centipede. Maybe they run out of food and start eating fuel.

Warning: player made theory

Archived