How to survive the Aporkalypse

Spoilers obviously

What is Aporkalypse season?

Spoiler

Aporkalypse season is the I guess the 4th season in hamlet although its more of an event than a season it causes the world to become tinted red and permanent night or at least I think it should where almost every enemy in the game becomes hostile it is very hard to survive and its recommended to try and avoid it as much as possible  

What does it do?

Spoiler

This information is from the wiki 

There will no longer be any day or dusk periods, only night, meaning sanity will constantly drain.

The environment changes drastically.

The moon icon that shows the player the phase of the moon will be constant, showing a reddish moon.

All Flowers turn into Evil Flowers.

Seasonal effects will cease to occur, such as Hay Fever and Fog. In addition, rain is much less common.

The BFB will not spawn during this time, and if summoned, will land and take off immediately.

The player will be unable to see the shadows that Vampire Bats and BFB form before they spawn. However, they will be able to see their model and other models darken as the BFB's shadow flies above them.

Woodie will become a Werebeaver at the start of every 'day'.

All shops become locked, as per usual for nighttime. However, Royal Guards will no longer patrol, and will stay inside at all times. They can be knocked out of their house by a hammer, but the Worker Pigs will not repair any damaged structure.

Lamp Posts are perpetually on, but the Lamps found in the Mant Hill will no longer emit light.

Many creatures have their behaviors changed. All creatures that can sleep at night will do so until attacked, and creatures asleep during the day will be awake constantly.

All Mants hatch into Mant Warriors. The new Mant Warriors now glow, emitting a very dim light that spreads across a large distance. Any new Mants spawned by the Antcomb Home automatically turn into Mant Warriors.

Pogs will now attack the player and any creature on sight.

Pikos and Orange Pikos turn rabid.

Iron Hulks are perpetually activated, and do not deactivate.

Vampire Bat attacks become much more common and much more severe, happening nearly every day. The amount of bats that spawns is greatly increased. It is common to find upwards of 10 Vampire Bats in an attack during the Aporkalypse on Day 1.

Thunderbirds will launch 10 Lightning Bolts instead of 3.

Elder Mandrakes become neutral, their facial expression changes from a frown to a smile, and they can be befriended with raw Vegetables.

Anywhere from 2-5 Ancient Spirits spawn in every room of every Ancient Pig Ruins. If all ghosts in the room are killed, new ghosts will spawn when the player returns to the room.

The boss monster Ancient Herald spawns shortly after the Aporkalypse begins. If killed, it will respawn in a short time. It currently does not drop any loot.

Stopping the Aporkalypse 

Spoiler

The Aporkalypse is different than every other season in one very important way it never ends unless you make it. So if you don't want to die heres what you do first you must find the Herald ruins found in the poison jungle looks like this

Ruinous_Entrance_Herald.thumb.png.fe23fcecca84a872066fef0a74d5d30c.png

in this ruins is a 2nd exit to the new 5th island which has a 2nd herald ruins you need to find it only appears in the 2nd jungle which is most of the time on the other side of the island, and in this ruins you need to find a suspicious crack which on of them has the Aporkalypse calendar which is how you reverse or speed up the Aporkalypse progress. left rewinds right fast forwards 

20181210170213_1.thumb.jpg.f45aa882f4758d027ab6b56fe316c67e.jpg20181210170222_1.thumb.jpg.6098297d1980e678a490f7d70defa43e.jpg20181210170213_1.jpg

Preparation for the Aporkalypse 

Spoiler

before the Aporkalypse starts you should have found the Aporkalypse calendar and the ends well which are both found on the 5th islands Herald ruins it looks like this

Ruinous_Entrance_Herald.thumb.png.9ca8820832be62ef8dff68bbf0d0c650.png 

once you have found the calendar and ends well you will want to build a telelocator focus near the calendar ruins once built use the ends well to get purple gems for the focus and head back to your base make sure you create a telelocator staff before Aporkalypse starts and once its starts or you see the pig villagers warning you about the Aporkalypse warp to the 5th island using the telelocator staff and reverse the clock make sure you always have 3 nightmare fuel or purple gems before teleporting so you can refuel the focus.

Tips

Spoiler

Although the Aporkalypse may seems dangerous you can get tons of nightmare fuel from it which can be traded in to the ends well for lots of oincs.

if the Aporkalypse starts before you find the calendar do not waste time and rush while in the ruins the herald can spawn anywhere homes, overworld, even ruins which is dangerous if you get stuck in a room with.

if you feel like fighting coffee is a must as the large amount of enemies that spawn will start to push themselves into you making it so you will take unavoidable damage.

if you like crutches like me and you're playing Wx before you stop the event or if you trigger it for this reason thunderbirds will shoot 10 lightning bolts instead of 3.

Aporkalypse may be preferable for Wx than humid because of the fact the it cancels out fog and makes it rain less plus his movement speed buff will make avoiding danger easy.

When stopping the Aporkalypse hit the left button hit the right button hitting the left button will cause the Aporkalypse to reverse around 10 seconds then it will start up again hitting the right button will skip a day but also cause the calendar to reset to the beginning  

hope this helps

Aporkalypse is too dumb .... no way surviving if you didnt know about this.......

If you try to go without using calendar you will end dying anyway.... swarm of beetles / angry mants / helion? will chase you forever unless you get a speed bonus like cofee / wx / wilbur + stalking cane.......

and he will spawn in small places like own house / cave / ruins...

I've found the Calendar, just making sure. All I need to do is to wind the clock "back" (assuming all rings moves clockwise) so they almost meet, and then the timer is re-set to 60 days?

Or is it so simple the "sun" bottom always sets the furthest way from the Aporkalypse? I haven't dared to try anything yet.
Do you guys know anything that could help?

20181211160952_1.jpg

1 hour ago, TheMetalMan said:

I've found the Calendar, just making sure. All I need to do is to wind the clock "back" (assuming all rings moves clockwise) so they almost meet, and then the timer is re-set to 60 days?

Or is it so simple the "sun" bottom always sets the furthest way from the Aporkalypse? I haven't dared to try anything yet.

I haven't managed to reach the clock before I died in Aporkalypse season,
So I cannot say for sure.. But this thread might be helpful!

1 hour ago, Naruchii said:

I haven't managed to reach the clock before I died in Aporkalypse season,
So I cannot say for sure.. But this thread might be helpful!

Thanks! I am honestly a bit disappointed I can't find a guide on YouTube showing how it works.

The only game-play I can find are either is Russian or some Asian language.

1 minute ago, TheMetalMan said:

Thanks! I am honestly a bit disappointed I can't find a guide on YouTube showing how it works.

The only game-play I can find are either is Russian or some Asian language.

ahh yeah, perhaps you will have a better luck finding it on Twitch? Since the Twitch !Drops thing going on I also notice some streamer play Hamlet there..

4 minutes ago, Naruchii said:

ahh yeah, perhaps you will have a better luck finding it on Twitch? Since the Twitch !Drops thing going on I also notice some streamer play Hamlet there..

I am not too familiar with twitch, I assume the streams are pretty long and there is a lot of content to skim through.

But I can take a peak.

6 hours ago, TheMetalMan said:

20181211160952_1.jpg

Aporkalypse starts once all 3 rings line up at the bottom you can reverse or speed up the clock with the buttons of the left or right left reverses right speeds up the progress, but aporkalypse can't start while being sped up reversed so you have to line them up then wait if you want to prevent it here is the best way to line it up

clock.PNG.06df086d1ffe25ab2f373f0a9a047666.PNG

may be hard to see but the clock has just barely passed aporkalypse meaning once middle moves everything will be thrown out of place it doesn't have to be this precise as long as the bottom and top rings just passed lining up it should be fine. I'll go into more detail with the real guide later just busy right now

28 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

Aporkalypse starts once all 3 rings line up at the bottom you can reverse or speed up the clock with the buttons of the left or right left reverses right speeds up the progress, but aporkalypse can't start while being sped up reversed so you have to line them up then wait if you want to prevent it here is the best way to line it up

clock.PNG.06df086d1ffe25ab2f373f0a9a047666.PNG

may be hard to see but the clock has just barely passed aporkalypse meaning once middle moves everything will be thrown out of place it doesn't have to be this precise as long as the bottom and top rings just passed lining up it should be fine. I'll go into more detail with the real guide later just busy right now

I am not asking to have the full 60 days reset, I'd be fine with returning every 50 days.

So I can just reverse it a bit and I should be fine?

2 hours ago, TheMetalMan said:

I am not asking to have the full 60 days reset, I'd be fine with returning every 50 days.

So I can just reverse it a bit and I should be fine?

depends on how much you reverse it just don't reverse it to much you might speed it up if your not careful since your on day 40 or higher I'd recommend fast forwarding it until they line up then move it past there that should around 50 or so days

I'm guessing my clock is bugged? It seems to be stuck in this configuration, all segments lined up at 3 o'clock and I can't get them to move, although standing on the pads does cause the lines between the dials to rotate. It is also not the aporkalypse outside the ruin.

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 11.52.21 AM.png

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I'm guessing my clock is bugged? It seems to be stuck in this configuration, all segments lined up at 3 o'clock and I can't get them to move, although standing on the pads does cause the lines between the dials to rotate. It is also not the aporkalypse outside the ruin.

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 11.52.21 AM.png

its just a overlap bug for some reason sometimes theres 2 clocks and only one moves if you look hard enough I can see the one below and its really easy to see while its moving relogging might fix it but don't worry if aporkalypse starts you should be able to turn it off and if no just relog

I did manage to postpone it once, but the pigs are warning me that it's coming again. Since I can't see the clock move, I'm not sure which pad to stand on. What do the symbols on them mean? Does it move continuously as long as you stand on it, or do you get on and get off?

I hope I can figure this out because I am pretty far along in my experiment of basing on the Herald Plateau and things are coming along nicely.

13 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I did manage to postpone it once, but the pigs are warning me that it's coming again. Since I can't see the clock move, I'm not sure which pad to stand on. What do the symbols on them mean? Does it move continuously as long as you stand on it, or do you get on and get off?

I hope I can figure this out because I am pretty far along in my experiment of basing on the Herald Plateau and things are coming along nicely.

once aporkalypse starts step on the right one a little it will move forward a little then reset it should last around 50 or so days if you try that

24 minutes ago, Flydo said:

They're two different way to stop aporkalyspe definitively ;)

Just actually looking on a way to reverse the process, cause for now once it's done, it's done you will never see aporkalypse again even if you want to see it

What’s your basis for saying it can be stopped permanently? I stopped it once by using the clock and now the pigs are saying that it’s coming again. Pretty much all the info we have indicates that it’s cyclical.

47 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

What’s your basis for saying it can be stopped permanently? I stopped it once by using the clock and now the pigs are saying that it’s coming again.

Basing on my experience playing with the aporkalypse clock

47 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Pretty much all the info we have indicates that it’s cyclical.

Yeah i know, but you can trick the game to "never happen" cycle

Just need to experiment this method, one is for the moment creating a dead end bug

5 hours ago, Flydo said:

Basing on my experience playing with the aporkalypse clock

Yeah i know, but you can trick the game to "never happen" cycle

Just need to experiment this method, one is for the moment creating a dead end bug

you might be able to stop it permanently if you place an item on one of the buttons then die and get revived by a meat effigy again it might just unload and do nothing worth a shot I guess but whatever your talking about isn't true the never happen cycle isn't a thing unless you mean disabling the event in the world gen 

Archived