Cave Cleft Bug

ucw

Made my camp in a cave cleft.  Now, every cave cleft indicates my camp items (science machine and fire pit) are in it when I hit the "map" button inside the cave.  I dropped some manure in a different cave cleft, now I heard the flies buzzing in each cave.  

On a related and rather sad note, I can't seem to find my cave in which I built my camp...  

6 hours ago, ucw said:

Made my camp in a cave cleft.  Now, every cave cleft indicates my camp items (science machine and fire pit) are in it when I hit the "map" button inside the cave.  I dropped some manure in a different cave cleft, now I heard the flies buzzing in each cave.  

On a related and rather sad note, I can't seem to find my cave in which I built my camp...  

next time i recommend you mark your cave with a sign or literally anything

Caves also seem to make farm disappear if they have been build inside one (although it might have been already fixed but I didn't notice. Correct me if I'm wrong). 

You can also get infinite source of light if you drop a turned off lantern inside, exit it and enter it again

2 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

but .. wait ... cave cleft base???

but there's a big ... thing ... in the middle!

And what does it matter?  

Aside from that and it being a little dark, it's a pretty great place to set up a base since its 100% weather & pog proof, doesn't drain sanity and doesn't cost anything

1 minute ago, metallichydra said:

is the roc cave cleft better or worse than normal cave clefts? (more rooms, access to roc island, chance for light bulbs) 

Its better, but you would have to wait till the roc picks you up. 

21 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Will farms grow in there? 

Also, do Pogs respawn now? I just kill them as soon as I see them, so they e never give me any trouble.

They will disappear unless they fixed it already

5 hours ago, metallichydra said:

ive also seen caves with the same map.
this seem to happen after some time. (after some time, all caves have same map)

but .. wait ... cave cleft base???
but there's a big ... thing ... in the middle!

That's not a problem -- plenty of room around it.  And, the cave cleft was near pig town suburb, so I had the best of both worlds, in a way.  Near pig town, but didn't have to travel as far to get to my base.  

The superiority of the cave base is quite obvious. In the new version, the growth mechanism of nettle is very demanding. In order to better harvest nettle, finding a cave in the jungle near the water source can be used to take care of nettle vine.

This is the case with my base. At present, my life is very comfortable, and the big bird can't land in the jungle.20181206142929_1.thumb.jpg.e3e3f2c7e530d3b1a772c35b233fcddb.jpg

20181206142950_1.thumb.jpg.5282c103e5acbd3c18d576fd0039c503.jpg20181206143018_1.thumb.jpg.9bc2fe71c225dc64a32db07958915746.jpg

1 hour ago, minecraftTony said:

The superiority of the cave base is quite obvious. In the new version, the growth mechanism of nettle is very demanding. In order to better harvest nettle, finding a cave in the jungle near the water source can be used to take care of nettle vine.

This is the case with my base. At present, my life is very comfortable, and the big bird can't land in the jungle.20181206142929_1.thumb.jpg.e3e3f2c7e530d3b1a772c35b233fcddb.jpg

20181206142950_1.thumb.jpg.5282c103e5acbd3c18d576fd0039c503.jpg20181206143018_1.thumb.jpg.9bc2fe71c225dc64a32db07958915746.jpg

how did you get the cave so bright (no darkness)?

Archived