Better food handling in regards to cooking.

It would be nice if there was better handling of food in regards to the Microbe Musher and the Cooker. Currently a dupe will happily leave food in either one of them while it runs off to other projects. If your microbe musher/Cooker isn't in a cold or sterile area this can leave the food to rot while the dupes go off to do other projects. 

What I'm proposing is that at the very least food ingredients that are perishable should be automatically returned to food storage before dupes move on to other tasks. This way food can be better preserved without need to build our kitchens in sterile environments or at freezing cold temperatures.

Additionally it would be nice if dupes wouldn't stop midway through cooking to run off to do other stuff. 

8 hours ago, GabrialDestruir said:

It would be nice if there was better handling of food in regards to the Microbe Musher and the Cooker. Currently a dupe will happily leave food in either one of them while it runs off to other projects. If your microbe musher/Cooker isn't in a cold or sterile area this can leave the food to rot while the dupes go off to do other projects. 

What I'm proposing is that at the very least food ingredients that are perishable should be automatically returned to food storage before dupes move on to other tasks. This way food can be better preserved without need to build our kitchens in sterile environments or at freezing cold temperatures.

Additionally it would be nice if dupes wouldn't stop midway through cooking to run off to do other stuff. 

You can do this by setting a high priority to your fridges/ration boxes. Dupes AI does need improvement though, as it is not good at prioritizing job distance and travel time.

What I would like is for the next job in the queue to become a candidate if the first one isn't doable.  This way I avoid either needing to micromanage the musher or having two of them.

What I want to do is set

#1 - Continuous lice loaf

#2 - Continuous mush bar

If lice is available make the loaf, otherwise the bar...  

5 hours ago, GrimerX said:

What I would like is for the next job in the queue to become a candidate if the first one isn't doable.  This way I avoid either needing to micromanage the musher or having two of them.

What I want to do is set

#1 - Continuous lice loaf

#2 - Continuous mush bar

If lice is available make the loaf, otherwise the bar...  

YES! this would be nice. And would help to avoid building two mushers at the same time.

As for the OP, yes, put a high priority on the fridge :)

1 hour ago, Masterpintsman said:

I would also like a way to auto-stop the mushers if there is enough food on stock.

That, or at least ability to set up count higher than six. Perhaps the "+1" might mean making one for each duplicant that has this food enabled in Consumables? Or it could be given as separate option "+all"

This may not be the right place for this but...

I'd like to see the food icons in the queue to be in color except the last one that cannot be made. All the colored icons would indicate the resources are available.  Right now once you click on the last one you can make they all go gray.

Archived