New Scales Farm Idea!

This guide turns napsacks into scales. Basically at a 1 Napsack = 1 Scale ratio.

How is it done?

Well basically, DST Dragonfly has a special bit of code that allows them to drop scales before they die, if the player causes enough damage in a short ammount of time. 

To start, kill off the misery toadstool. The fight will be pretty hard, but with enough followers, it IS possible. How to get misery toadstool? Find a big purple mushroom in the caves. Set up a small outpost there. Add birbcage. Insert caught canary into birbcage. Wait ~1-2 days. The bird will flop down and start wiggling randomly. Take it out. It should be volatile now. Now... let the poor birdie out of it's misery and drop it next to the purple mushroom. After that, cut it down. BOOM HE SPAWNZ!

Next step: Kill it.

Next step: Catch some more canaries. After that, make some napsacks. As many as you can make with the skin edgy toad dropped.

Next step: Go over to the Dragonfly Desert.

Next step: Find the dragonfly setpiece, and begin building a small enclosure to fit a few followers in.

Next step: Fill it with pigs or bunnymen. Your choice. (If playing Wigfrid I would reccomend the pigs for obvious reasons)

Next step: Aggro the D-fly. Lead her to the enclosure. 

Next step: YOU MUST BE QUICK! Throw the sack. Now, quickly pull out a dark sword and hold that attack button!!! (Keep attacking even when it wears off, you'll have time to attack her while she wakes)

Next step: Quickly lead the fly out of the arena, so she respawns away from the followers. This way, the followers are unharmed, and the farm can be used *theoretically* indefinitely as long as more toadstools can be found. 

Whoo-wee! 

6 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

I love how hard people are trying to find a use for the napsack.

6 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

I love how hard people are trying to find a use for the nap-suck.

A Certain Discord Chat Discussion

Starring:

@Fidooop

@Aeschwutz

@Mr.P

Spoiler

Chat1.JPGchat2.JPGchat3.JPG

Spoiler

20170521161840_1.jpg20170521161933_1.jpg

chat4.JPGcha5.JPGchat6.JPGchat7.JPGchat 8.JPG

Spoiler

Well not anymore!

@Sketched_Philo @JellyUltra @Master Jand @KoreanWaffles

19 minutes ago, Aeschwutz said:

-Deconstruction Staff cleverness-

I admit I didn't think of this.

Though, the napsack itself is still underwhelming as a sleep option, it now has a use: the duplication of toadie's scales. Kinda like the scaled flooring of DFly scales craftables.

Now the real question is, will Klei change this in any way? And can I blame you for any change on it?

49 minutes ago, Sketched_Philo said:

it now has a use: the duplication of toadie's scales. Kinda like the scaled flooring of DFly scales craftables.

Now we're getting onto something.

seriously i was trying to find some way at all to get napsack sleep power to work

5 hours ago, filipsperl said:

wait, how do you duplicate it when it requires just one of each item??

For deconstruction, I think it attempts to give a fraction of each component based on the number given on crafting, but any resulting fractions are rounded up. Similar thing happens with construction.

Archived