Show Us Your Colony

Hey there! here is my latest base I've made:

Stress is allways <10%, normally at 0%, right now they are a bit stressed because I'm making the new farm, and there they can't breathe. (you can see it down to the right)

Actually I'm at 287th cycle with 38 dupes. The first picture is the usage of 2 geysers + 1 wich comes with liquid  pipe. The point is to cool the water down with hydrogen + 5 thermoregulators (with liquid cooling as you can see), wich do their job. I send that water to a lot of electrolizers down at the base, right now i have to sort them a bit better so i can come back to full clean oxigen base (i've been geting in a lot of dupes recently).

Captura de pantalla 2017-04-13 20.02.42.png

I know that i don't make profit of 100% of space, but this way i don't have to bother of loud sleepers. Eitherway there is plenty of space in the map, so i just dont care.

Captura de pantalla 2017-04-13 19.59.33.png

Hope you like.

PS: anyone have any Idea of another project i should get in this base? Starting to ask what should i do now, besides of just make it bigger.

PS2: actually i now realized that i never used any massage table, in this game, ever!

This is my current base, although I will abandon it soon: (notice the name: Guantanamo Cave)mahbase.png

As you can see I have 3 areas for oxygen production to recycle CO2, the one right below the outhouses used to be my research quarters but I converted it after I finished the research; there are planter boxes in between every terrarium to build up food. The middle section is the living quarters, there are cots, mess tables, massage tables, a medical cot and paintings to keep the stress down. Near the cots is the cooking area as well as a bit of a power storage to fuel the mushers and the stuff below. There are two near-empty water pools and there is a bigger one in the lower right corner but other than that there's no nearby slime zone so no way to get more water. Also, in the ice zone in the lower left corner there are my food containers (which are not shown).

And then, there's my extremely inefficient carbon dioxide filtration system at the bottom. I all started because that big digged out room was full of CO2, so to remove it I planned out a system of 3 air scrubbers powered by a coal generator that would suck up water from the right-most water pool and drop contaminated water in an enclosed space, which would then get sucked up by the water purifier above the water pool, cleaned up and dropped down again.

It worked for like a cycle and then it became useless kek

These are some of my previous colonies:

-The Unorganized Facility

1.png

2.1.png

-The ****hole

3.png

-The ****hole v22.1.png2.2.png

-The Subterranean Homestead

4.png

-The Private Hellhole

5.png

This is my base, my plan was max 8 dupes and making their individual rooms. At first i used powered mech doors allowed for only the room owners. But it was not that good for gas distributions and dupe's efficient working travel. Also 8 dupes are not enough for my exploring and development, especially far away jobs. So i changed all mech doors with pneumatic doors and accepted 7 more dupes. For now dupes uses other's showers and lavatories but it's ok. Most their long time behaviors(sleeping, showering, powering, eating and so on) are being done in the high decoed rooms and their stress are managed very well.

Sorry for my bad english but i believe you would understand what i said.:D

mybase.jpg

Latest base with accept everyone challenge.

Will stop when i reach 100 because the game is almost unplayable with only 5fps running at slow/default speed

If anyone got question, feel free to ask.

Untitled-1.jpg

I know i'm a bit late to the party, but figured it's about time I showed my testing base... It's a pretty large base, so i've split it into a fair few screenies - so bear with me :D 

The Overview

20170427183018_1.jpg

The Main Base

20170427182856_1.jpg

Water is Life (I know it's cheesy!)

-Water tank to cool the hot geyser water with super-cooled hydrogen filled pipes. Thermo switch at the bottom left to activate a pump when it reaches 16 degrees, which then gets pumped into main base.

20170427181946_1.jpg

20170427181942_1.jpg

Coal is crucial
-Our hatch pit. 9 hatches and plenty of coal :)

20170427181815_1.jpg

Morbs are cute...
-A few morbs just to keep me company - they also deal with nuisance chlorine/co2 when I need to pump it somewhere... The heater is to keep them comfortable, also on a thermo switch.

20170427181834_1.jpg

but not as cute as Pufts...
-What base would be complete without a few pufts for company. Not serving much purpose other than looking adorable :p 

20170427181918_1.jpg

A couple (2 of 4) capped geysers
-2 of the 3 Geysers for our pure water (our 4th geyser feeds our electrolyzers), which goes to the Life-Tank, and a big ol' tank for polluted water.

20170427181905_1.jpg

The Factory
-Many coal gens (well we've got the hatches right?), a bit of algae production and some fertilizer makers. Chambers at the bottom are for cooling gasses. All water cooled, with a gas pump in the bottom right for pumping excess CO2 into the void.

20170427182012_1.jpg

The endless Void (where we send gasses we don't like...)
-Our wonderful, wonderful void :) So handy. Excess/nuisance gasses are pumped here and destroyed/teleported into the void of space...

20170427182735_1.jpg

20170427182732_1.jpg

The gasses cooler (courtesy of wheezeworts)
-5 Chambers for cooling gasses. 2x for hydrogen, 2x for oxygen, 1x for liquid CO2. I didn't get around to the chlorine tank :D 
20170427182746_1.jpg

"The Clock Tower" - our oxygen production - My favorite bit...
-Simple, but pretty, my favorite part of the base. Was originally going to be all-contained with water, however I've not quite finished it yet. In short it's a simple setup with 5 pumps and 4 electrolyzers. Yes, i'm aware it could be far more efficient - but aesthetics matter too :p Producing far more O2 than we need, so the excess is dumped into the area with a few vents. Wheezeworts below are intended for passive cooling (eventually).

20170427182658_1.jpg

20170427182707_1.jpg

20170427183043_1.jpg

And that's about it guys - just thought i'd throw something up here as I've been lurking around these forums for a little while now :)

Any questions, give me a PM. Much love!

-Lifegrowski

P.s. No debug mode was used on this base, other than for screenshot purposes :D 

18 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

The endless Void (where we send gasses we don't like...)
-Our wonderful, wonderful void :) So handy. Excess/nuisance gasses are pumped here and destroyed/teleported into the void of space...

20170427182735_1.jpg

How'd you get the void?

Hi! After starting over a couple of time, I decided to post this base, which I think is my best so far! 

I do not really use my puft farm... but I do like them so I keep them here x) (I have 2 hatches to give them slime if I want coal)

I prefer keeping only 6 dupes even if I could easily keep more alive.

Capture d’écran (4).png

Capture d’écran (5).png

My current base is an accept everyone challenge.  This world is chock full of frozen biomes, and I am milking that for all it's worth.  So far, I've found that it's better to let my dupes suffer in the cold temperatures, than to waste resources heating my base up (because the temperature is starting to rise naturally).  Though I'm micromanaging stress a bit more than would be required otherwise, I haven't had any of my buildings even come close to overheating, and my blossoms are thriving.

20170501163700_1.jpg

20170501163709_1.jpg

20170501163714_1.jpg

20170501163722_1.jpg

20170501163729_1.jpg

20170501163654_1.jpg

7 hours ago, clamjam said:

I don't really know anything about surface tension, but this pool of polluted water is intriguing

There's no surface tension in this game. What you see is quantization, lack of liquid mixing, and graphics. Quantization means each tile is occupied by one ambient element. So if there is 100 g of water, it occupies the whole tile. Graphics means that if that occupied tile is adjacent to some solid tiles, that water is drawn as sticking to them, more or less regardless on how much water it is. And lack of liquid mixing meants that a puddle of 100 g of clean water in a tile can stop 800 kg of polluted water in adjacent tile from spreading and can sit on top of a polluted water tile forever.

Just now, Kasuha said:

There's no surface tension in this game. What you see is quantization, lack of liquid mixing, and graphics. Quantization means each tile is occupied by one ambient element. So if there is 100 g of water, it occupies the whole tile. Graphics means that if that occupied tile is adjacent to some solid tiles, that water is drawn as sticking to them, more or less regardless on how much water it is. And lack of liquid mixing meants that a puddle of 100 g of clean water in a tile can stop 800 kg of polluted water in adjacent tile from spreading and can sit on top of a polluted water tile forever.

I know, it was a bad joke.

Recently my 2nd colony hit cycle 300 and I'm happy with it's layout :)

Base tour 1.png

Starting area, nothing special: beds, hamster wheels, storage, dining area and some showers.

Base tour 3.png

More beds and geyser water cooling system. Farm above it is pretty new and made only because my old farm is getting inefficient.

Base tour 4.png

Those geysers are right above my base. I'm quite lucky! (also experiencing problems because of too much water)

Base tour 5.png

My additional power generator, food storage, last-stand toilets and bleach stone storage

Base tour 7.png

My toilet area, some compost and a farm.

Base tour 6.png

My battery waterfall and a room to get rid of CO2 and chlorine (pumped from the bottom of my farm)

Right now I'm trying to find room for more mess tables and cots, as well as solving the water problems.

I hope you like my base :)

BONUS: 5000 degree oxygen! (what?)

ONI 3.png

9BED23094DE212D4A6806C7BF9125F8ABA8959D6

So this is my base right on restart. I didn't even start the game running, so most of the indicators are screwed up (such as power indicators and I think my food supply).

I'm a bit done with the game for the time being because this base pretty much runs itself now, and I'm not much interested in expansion for expansion's sake. The worst case scenario is that the base heats up over time, and I actually think it doesn't, since it makes relatively low heat output and the wheezeworts in the farm can dissipate that. Even if it did, my dupes are now just hamster wheel slaves, so I could probably cut out all but one of the batteries, which would probably be enough to keep the heat down. And of course, if that didn't work, there is always the non-conservative hydrogen cooling approach.

The little room on the right in the middle was a failed attempt at a wheezewort fridge. I eventually just switched over to power fridges instead. The most recent addition is the farm in the actual base proper at the top right, which used to be down below in an ice biome. I still kind of kick myself for moving the air scrubber to be on a switch instead of just using "disable building".

F69B219E5A985E6E060D9999E14C0159F2A75917still adding several geysers so the full color isn't there quite yet for the 2 water tanks.A3B8361BADA2E11F42E9635B779BB9AA209E1672

needed to have a little fun with the gas valves. oh its still a work in progress and I'm surprised iv lasted 630 days so far and can still load it with 28 dupes(not everyone has a bedroom yet the new housing development comes after I add a couple more geysers and maybe that void. then there is the decorating in pipes and vents for the rest of it one little octopus dude just aint going to cut the mustard

On 5/6/2017 at 6:33 AM, heckubis said:

needed to have a little fun with the gas valves. oh its still a work in progress and I'm surprised iv lasted 630 days so far and can still load it with 28 dupes(not everyone has a bedroom yet the new housing development comes after I add a couple more geysers and maybe that void. then there is the decorating in pipes and vents for the rest of it one little octopus dude just aint going to cut the mustard

Very cool design buddy - obviously i'm biased as you told me a little about this before you started, but it's really coming along nicely. Waiting for the end result eagerly :) 

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, Lifegrow said:

Very cool design buddy - obviously i'm biased as you told me a little about this before you started, but it's really coming along nicely. Waiting for the end result eagerly :) 

the left cooling tower is lowering its temp to liquefy chlorine and co2 at the moment when that gets to temp the the magic will really get moving if the temperature gets too cold Increase the volume of gas going into the upper lines to ab out 100g/s the right tower will auto clean air and the waist gas will cycle the great circle and re enter the system.

on loading the save a lot of the previously liquid and solid co2 ends up in gas form making 15k in each tile increasing the flow to that room to 200g/s and decreasing the waves to100g/s should restart the cooling process and add a release vent in the top area to let the right side function

ou 726 .sav

Fully sustainable* 21 Dupe, thermal upgrade colony.

Oxygen from hydrolyzers, water from geysers. Heat control with extensive wheezeworts and exclusively abyssalite pipes. Runs fine without coal, but we've got a few pet hatches for when i want to free up my dupes for other projects. A morb to process the chlorine from my bleachstoneA pet puft for fun. 

Upper half of the base:

Upper Base.jpg

Lower half of base, with back-up water supply

Lower Base.jpg

My (largely ineffective) water cooling stack. (luckily insulated pipes mean the hot water isn't really a problem.) And on the left, the excess polluted water starts its long trickle down to the magma...

Water Cooling Stack.jpg

My pet puft, thistle farm, slime processing and a couple geysers 

Slime processing.jpg

*As I am not using all the polluted water i create, I suppose I'll eventually drown the asteroid...

7 hours ago, Ciderblock said:

caffeinated21: were those two geysers actually right next to each other like that on the RNG map, or did you insert that in debug mode?

I've had a world where I had 3 Geysers next to each other, so 2 is very likely.

21 hours ago, Ciderblock said:

caffeinated21: were those two geysers actually right next to each other like that on the RNG map, or did you insert that in debug mode?

Can you even spawn them in debug mode? I tried looking and couldn't figure it out if you can :D

Archived