Charlie's Art Thread

Hey everyone! It's nice to be here, this is my Charlie blog with some appearances from the other characters of "Don't Starve". Hoping to get a lot more Charlie artwork out there, she is my favorite! I also have a warm spot in my heart for Wickerbottom and Willow (probably because Willow lit Wickerbottom's books on fire in there).  

charliereal.png

• Like 13

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

I love how the hands seem more human toward the bottom while gain a creepy edge toward the top.

Since I can't play my game, mind explaining what that Dragon Head at the bottom is?

Oh! the skull at the bottom is a Volt Goat head. It's got a little shorter and curlier horns than the original beast in the game, but I thought I'd ind of change it up. :) It also does look a bit like Spyro, I love Spyro.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, minespatch said:

I've seen this piece before! Welcome to the forums and nice to see this particular piece on the forums.

I live that firey-blue palette you chose for the piece. It's too lovely to behold.

you are way to sweet, and thank you!! I really like that pallete too. I picked out a pre-made pallete and tweaked it a little to fit what I wanted to do.  

• Like 2

With my apophenia, I can see that you really like the color purple. Not a bad thing, just noticing a pattern. The banner you posted has a nostalgic feel, like a semblance of the 60's or Norman Rockwell.

Ah, so the Volt Goat. That explains things. The subtle changes to the skull is fine. It adds a nice addition to the eldritch frame.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

With my apophenia, I can see that you really like the color purple. Not a bad thing, just noticing a pattern. The banner you posted has a nostalgic feel, like a semblance of the 60's or Norman Rockwell.

Ah, so the Volt Goat. That explains things. The subtle changes to the skull is fine. It adds a nice addition to the eldritch frame.

Well for this particular Charlie/blog, I have decided that her color was going to be purple. I actually am not super fond of the color purple, so I forced myself to use it more often. I despised the color purple for a very long time and would not use it at all in anything, mostly choosing any color but that. Ha.  Norman Rockwell!!?? Really!? I was hoping to go for an old timey/pin up vibe for this, so thank you very much!! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Aw... I like purple... Spyro's purple.

*Ahem*

That's some more nice art. If you don't like using purple too much, you could always use Charlie's official colour palette of black and red (and a bit of grey).

Well I've been hoping to experiment with multiple color palettes, I just haven't switched it up yet haha. My other pieces before these two had a lot more pink and blue and yellow involved. It's kind of whatever mood I'm in. :) 

• Like 2