How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

Here is everything I have learned in my few days on the forum:

•  The Order of the Potato Cup is the one true religion. Hail!
  • Mikeadatrix, the priest of the PC, is too lazy to use a lenny face and be grammatically correct with his 'to's
  • There's probably a Wendy x Webber fan fiction on some deep, dark part of the internet
  • Being on the Klei Forums will make your sanity drop to 0 (my best friend is now Mr. Skits). 
3 minutes ago, Luxurious said:

I like how people were against memes being posted here and now you guys are talking about potato cups and no one is complaining. People are weird...

The most wish-washy people on the planet, aren't we? 

9 minutes ago, WildWesternWilson said:

Here is everything I have learned in my few days on the forum:

•  The Order of the Potato Cup is the one true religion. Hail!
  • Mikeadatrix, the priest of the PC, is too lazy to use a lenny face and be grammatically correct with his 'to's
  • There's probably a Wendy x Webber fan fiction on some deep, dark part of the internet
  • Being on the Klei Forums will make your sanity drop to 0 (my best friend is now Mr. Skits). 

The most wish-washy people on the planet, aren't we? 

Cant deny that, i'm 2 tired....... OH MY GOD MY GRAMMAR

Also. Hail the Potato Cup of Dankus Memeus.

6 hours ago, acemurdock said:

Yeah the puppetmasters have to have some sort of "projection" because they can't really...leave the throne...
The projection can watch the survivors and talk to them, and is probably made from their mind, because as we've seen from ad Maxwell gets more agitated, his projection gets slowly more monster-like. 

I think he warns you not to go to the throne room because maybe? he has a bit of a conscience left? And wants to warn the survivors? But at the same time, he wants off of that thing, haha. 

My theory is that prior to the epilogue, Maxwell genuinely didn't want to be released from the throne. After sitting on it for so long, Maxwell eventually became so deranged and corrupted by dark power, that he refused to give it up. That's why he becomes increasingly angry and monstrous as you progress through adventure mode. Because despite suffering so much, he was legitimately terrified of losing his power. But once you reach him, Maxwell becomes resigned and admits that he doesn't actually want the power that he holds. Then once you release him, he realizes that being free from the throne is actually pretty great.

I don't think there are any "fake" Maxwells in the game. I feel that would kind of devalue his character. Besides, why would the shadows bother to create a fake Maxwell in the first place?

I also don't think that he is trying the trick the player into coming to find him. If that was the case, why would he be so honest about how terrible the throne is in the epilogue. I feel like if he really was trying to trick you, he would pretend that he doesn't want to be released.

On the other hand, my own theory has some holes in it too. If Maxwell actually didn't want to be released from the throne prior to the epilogue, why did he try to escape it before? I dunno... Does anybody else have any thoughts on the matter?

10 minutes ago, toasterman3000 said:

My theory is that prior to the epilogue, Maxwell genuinely didn't want to be released from the throne. After sitting on it for so long, Maxwell eventually became so deranged and corrupted by dark power, that he refused to give it up. That's why he becomes increasingly angry and monstrous as you progress through adventure mode. Because despite suffering so much, he was legitimately terrified of losing his power. But once you reach him, Maxwell becomes resigned and admits that he doesn't actually want the power that he holds. Then once you release him, he realizes that being free from the throne is actually pretty great.

I don't think there are any "fake" Maxwells in the game. I feel that would kind of devalue his character. Besides, why would the shadows bother to create a fake Maxwell in the first place?

I also don't think that he is trying the trick the player into coming to find him. If that was the case, why would he be so honest about how terrible the throne is in the epilogue. I feel like if he really was trying to trick you, he would pretend that he doesn't want to be released.

On the other hand, my own theory has some holes in it too. If Maxwell actually didn't want to be released from the throne prior to the epilogue, why did he try to escape it before? I dunno... Does anybody else have any thoughts on the matter?

I think the main problem with the 'I also don't think that he is trying to trick the player into finding him' theory is that, if it WAS true, why would he make the portal in the first place? 

19 minutes ago, toasterman3000 said:

I think that he probably did start bringing survivors into the world in hopes that one of them would find him and release him from the throne. But by the time Wilson finally gets to him, and he's making the threats in adventure mode, the power has corrupted him so completely that he's lost sight of his original goal.

Archived