How did you die?

Just now, SirBuizelton said:

Oh wow I didn't know that the snakeskin hat protects you from lightning wow o.o

That's extremely helpful to know, thanks!

Yeah again learned that by freak accident when i was playing WX aswell. Basicly i was actually begging for Lightning to strike me and was suprised when he noticed how the Circuit is incomplete when getting hit and System OVerload not kicking in. Another playthrough as Maxwell later and i could confirm that they work that way (Maxwell just says "Can't Touch This" although unsure if that's his line or the one from Wilson like most SW quotes atm).

2 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Yeah again learned that by freak accident when i was playing WX aswell. Basicly i was actually begging for Lightning to strike me and was suprised when he noticed how the Circuit is incomplete when getting hit and System OVerload not kicking in. Another playthrough as Maxwell later and i could confirm that they work that way (Maxwell just says "Can't Touch This" although unsure if that's his line or the one from Wilson like most SW quotes atm).

Well in any case it shan't stop me from hunting down the mighty tigershark this monsoon season, but it'll be very very useful in the meantime and for future runs, so thanks a lot ^^

17 hours ago, SirBuizelton said:

Oh wow I didn't know that the snakeskin hat protects you from lightning wow o.o

That's extremely helpful to know, thanks!

I'm under the impression you need both the hat and coat to be fully insulated. Jellyfish don't harm you then either.

I got 1-shot by a dragoon egg falling from the sky. And then again the following day after rising from the touchstone. Idk if it's some framerate drop, but every now and then I just don't notice it coming.

Wasn't the damage supposed to be reduced? I had full health and was wearing armor (worn). It one shots me on land and my boat on water (170 durability). Is this normal? I guess a direct hit still kills. 

- Spider warrior poisoned me. Didn't know they had added poison in this DLC, but it was very early and I couldn't craft an antidote.

- Wildbores, 2 times. Simply cause they:

•Don't like food you give them;

•Don't like making friends;

- Sea hounds. First game as Wilbur, no islands nearby, bamboo raft, fishing at a shoal,  my unluckyness striked again.

- I don't know, I think I were insane, there was tons of creatures, that island was a mess. I think my boat broke or something. Not sure.

- A couple more boring deaths cause I'm too dumb and never survived more than 1 year. ;__;

My memorable deaths in Shipwrecked:

1. Poison cloud from the marshes was my first death.  I saw puffs coming out and figured I wanted to find out what digging gets you.  It did give me a venom gland but hadn't yet found coral so I was doomed, even after shoveling down 40 cooked sweet potatoes to extend my life in the hopes of finding some dang coral :p  This was my first attempt at Shipwrecked, quite a way to go.
  2. Second time round was darkness.  Brain fart mostly.  About 5th attempt.
  3. Sealnado  (above 10 attempts or so).  What in the lord is that thing xD  One shot me when sucked me in, I hope to butt heads against it again someday, won't let it off without a fight next time!

Most other attempts I just suicided in darkness on purpose until I could map out what exactly I wanted to do to stick to nomadic style, and to test different characters.

Hmm, lets see

Poison snake, day 1 (wilson)

Poison swamp thing, couldn't find any coral (at least twice)

Hounds ate my raft (twice)

Got wet, went insane, couldn't find anything to fight (wigfrid)

(looks it up) Oh, that thing that sunk my raft in one hit was called a tiger shark

4 hounds attacked at night during a hurricane, couldn't run from them, nothing around to help (wickerbottom)

Monkey pooped to death trying to get my stuff back

Sealnado, insta killed by suck attack after tree I was hiding behind broke in the wind

Sealnado, insta killed by suck attack through armor and helmet, grabbed from off screen (wigfrid)

Day 10. I am surfing in whichever direction the waves flow in search of gold. I stop on a jungle island to replenish my wood supply, and as the timber falls I am bitten by a venomous snake. For a moment I consider simply quitting and starting a new game as I have not yet crafted an alchemy engine, much less the antivenom prototype. But wait. I have coral and seaweed already, I would just need to surf back to the skunkrays I had evaded earlier, then get back to my science machine. It's dusk, but I hop on my board, torches on hand, and hunt down some skunkrays. After fighting 4 or 5 of them, one finally drops a venom gland. Night comes. I surf frantically through the waves towards my base. The tides are not in my favor and I get drenched, tipping my sanity over the edge. The sun rises as I reach my base, revealing the crawling horrors trailing behind me. I take some damage but manage to craft my alchemy engine. I'm about to place it when a terrorbeak spawns; I run. I cram food inot my face desperately trying to regain health while I fight the terror beak with the only weapon I have: a pickaxe. I slay the beast. My health is dangerously low as I place my alchemy engine. I open the survival tab, scroll down, and see that I I no longer have the ingredients required for an antivenom... I ate all but 2 seaweed in the battle while trying to keep my health up. The antivenom needs 3. I am in the middle of an island. I die.

"I could totally waste these hounds with the poisonous holes and merms in the swamp". -> I couldn't. Still survived that while poisoned, tiny bit of health and sanity remaining, and I was hungry (Warly). So sailing back to base as fast as I could. I realize I won't make it in time, so decide to eat brainy matter that was on the way. Instant death. Now I do know brainy matter damages you when you eat it.

Immediately following the death above: Resurrected at the touch stone not too far from my base, crafted a raft, sailing towards my base riding the waves. Tiger Shark spawns. Tiger Shark attacks a jellyfish near my raft. I get caught in the attack. My raft has 1 hit point left. I accept my fate and start rowing again, to drown 2 seconds later.

This was the most interesting 2 deaths. Others are mostly overestimating my kiting abilities (to the level that I've attempted to attack Tiger Shark with 25% health and no armor).

8 hours ago, ruthlace said:

Day 10. I am surfing in whichever direction the waves flow in search of gold. I stop on a jungle island to replenish my wood supply, and as the timber falls I am bitten by a venomous snake. For a moment I consider simply quitting and starting a new game as I have not yet crafted an alchemy engine, much less the antivenom prototype. But wait. I have coral and seaweed already, I would just need to surf back to the skunkrays I had evaded earlier, then get back to my science machine. It's dusk, but I hop on my board, torches on hand, and hunt down some skunkrays. After fighting 4 or 5 of them, one finally drops a venom gland. Night comes. I surf frantically through the waves towards my base. The tides are not in my favor and I get drenched, tipping my sanity over the edge. The sun rises as I reach my base, revealing the crawling horrors trailing behind me. I take some damage but manage to craft my alchemy engine. I'm about to place it when a terrorbeak spawns; I run. I cram food inot my face desperately trying to regain health while I fight the terror beak with the only weapon I have: a pickaxe. I slay the beast. My health is dangerously low as I place my alchemy engine. I open the survival tab, scroll down, and see that I I no longer have the ingredients required for an antivenom... I ate all but 2 seaweed in the battle while trying to keep my health up. The antivenom needs 3. I am in the middle of an island. I die.

Well you sure didn't go down easy! :D This is why I love this game, it makes me so invested in my current world that I will grab at straws to survive. Never give up, never surrender! :pirate:

- Sealnado while trying to figure out a strategy and trying to keep it away from my base. I got sucked in by his whirlwind and got 1hit KO'd.
- BEES.
- Volcano, volcano, volcano, volcano, volcano, volcano.

Now survived 2 years and I am still going, luckily.

Edit: playing as Wilson

Just ruined my 60 day nomad Walani after landing to escape sea hounds, as I run about from Hounds I realize this jungle has no spiders/primeapes and my last torch was made into a boat lantern. Night came crafted one by chance dropping down to 3hp and then dying out of the blue to hell knows what. Respawned at a touchstone but it was dry season... No way i could recover her, died to Charlie again as I ran around aimlessly finding no means to craft another torch since everything was withered... :'(

On 09/02/2016 at 2:14 PM, Mr.P said:

So far i died to Sea Hounds (or Sharx) on like day 7 after desperatly trying to find some gold and make a better boat.

Then i got killed on my best run because a Red Hound spawned during the Houndattack (Dry Season and it was directly after an Erruption so i didn't notice him in the pack cause of the ash) and he burned down my base and left me with next to no ressources to keep up much longer (got killed by a Meteor shortly after that)

Finally my most recent one was getting sucked in by the Sealnado as Maxwell. Lets just say Max can't really take that attack that well. I already died before on my boat but i had a Lifevest and went close to where i died to see if i can find something specialy my axe or FLint because else i would be dead anyway.

Just saying, very few characters can survive that attack unarmoured.

It deals 250 damage, which is insane. I've been sucked in (unarmored) by the Sealnado when he was offscreen fighting prime apes and died instantly. I just forgot about him because he didn't bother me at any point.

Not until then, at least.

Archived