I don't like what Expressive Upgrade does, and here's why.

i personally feel frustrated about this update. it brings nothing helpful or new - it just takes one more portion of our time in addition to the night and i'm supposed to sit and wait while they will chat? i doubt that chatting is helpful when u try to survive. i'm really thinking now about switching back to all peeing dupes and 100% stress all the time just to avoid this waste of time - red alert is our best friend. usually i take only 6 dupes (coz i've made some builds which perfectly support that amount of dupes all the time) and i'm terrified of the fact what will happen to my 680 cycle base when this update will go live - i already have issues with dupes doing huge build projects (takes a lot of cycles because they need to operate buildings and stuff - everything what can be automated is automated in my current base), but with this "chat" time wasted it will be horrible. only positive thing i can see now - dupes will not drop task in the middle coz they want to pee or eat.

and back to bringing smth new in update: why not doing nuclear power (idea is on the surface and you can introduce whole set of materials, dealing with nuclear waste, radiation, cooling the reactor, insane amount of hear dispersed into surroundings if reactor is overheated & etc)? or just add new materials and gases? new type of desease with germs - e,g malaria in jungle biom?

will stick to CU for now and wait for next update.

6 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

I've lost some of my early excavations and I haven't started the third tier for the eventual mushroom farm yet.  I had to start farming a lot faster than I normally would, too, as I can usually survive on excavations for about 12-14 cycles with two miners.  However, overall, my opening base hasn't changed that much.

I take that back after playing another 10 cycles or so.  I keep finding getting close to a construction phase and thinking 'oh, that should be done shortly'... and then they're on break.  Add that 10 or more times, and yeah, I'm way behind now.

EDIT: I would also give away a small fortune if I could have someway to force the outhouses to be cleaned BEFORE breaktime.

There is definitely a need to mark some things as critical so dupes do them break or no break. Having to Red alert on cycle 4-5 to keep your base from being flooded with dupe pee because noone's willing to clean the toilet off the clock is a bit stupid.

Or better yet, implement shifts. If scheduling will let me do it on a per-dupe basis, all of this will be forgiven.

18 hours ago, Khullag said:

i personally feel frustrated about this update. it brings nothing helpful or new - it just takes one more portion of our time in addition to the night and i'm supposed to sit and wait while they will chat? i doubt that chatting is helpful when u try to survive. i'm really thinking now about switching back to all peeing dupes and 100% stress all the time just to avoid this waste of time - red alert is our best friend. usually i take only 6 dupes (coz i've made some builds which perfectly support that amount of dupes all the time) and i'm terrified of the fact what will happen to my 680 cycle base when this update will go live - i already have issues with dupes doing huge build projects (takes a lot of cycles because they need to operate buildings and stuff - everything what can be automated is automated in my current base), but with this "chat" time wasted it will be horrible.

It isn't necessary for survival.  When the schedule gets released, you can turn it down or possibly even off.  But chatting with friends is a good way to relieve stress, which is what it is currently doing.  Therefore, the problem isn't with the idea of break time, but the fact that we have no control over it.  I believe such complaints are premature due to the fact that the manage schedule button is not implemented yet.

12 hours ago, Foefaller said:

There is definitely a need to mark some things as critical so dupes do them break or no break. Having to Red alert on cycle 4-5 to keep your base from being flooded with dupe pee because noone's willing to clean the toilet off the clock is a bit stupid.

Or better yet, implement shifts. If scheduling will let me do it on a per-dupe basis, all of this will be forgiven.

I certainly agree that we should be able to mark certain tasks to be done during break time, like emptying the outhouses.  

I hope they implement shifts.

21 hours ago, Khullag said:

...why not doing nuclear power (idea is on the surface and you can introduce whole set of materials, dealing with nuclear waste, radiation, cooling the reactor, insane amount of hear dispersed into surroundings if reactor is overheated & etc)?

IMHO it would be helpful to work on a proper DLC ( "Atomic Age" as an example for half a year ), either fully dedicated replacing the monthly updates or developing parallel to the existing little monthly updates. IMHO the monthly updates prevent that a big new batch of industrial or game threat  content can be implemented at once.

Personally I am willing to pay USD $10 for an full DLC next to the already existing monthly updates.

Just now, babba said:

IMHO it would be helpful to work on a proper DLC ( "Atomic Age" as an example for half a year ), either fully dedicated replacing the monthly updates or developing parallel to the existing little monthly updates. IMHO the monthly updates prevent that a big new batch of industrial or game threat  content can be implemented at once.

I don't like when ppl suggest some DLC, when basegame is still alpha and far away from finish.

I accept your opinion,

looking at the last months of updates and no new up-to-date developer road map I have the fear that new in depth industrial content will take a year or two to have an relevant major industrial impact.

I have no clue of the future developer road map. Will I or we get more animal and sim like updates ? I dont know. This does not mean that I dont like the last few updates. Please feel free to correct me if there is an 2018, 2019 or 2020 road map or future content plans available to the public.

Personally I would be glad if the devs allocate 1,2,3 people on to an long term developed DLC ( "Atomic Age" as an example ) next to the existing monthly updates. If people like the current release pace and content quantity and quality - I accept every opinion.

If I can pay for additional content instead of not ever having that additional content released to the public...This is a good game and I am willing to pay for additional content which otherwise would never see the daylight.

Archived