using water to seal polluted water: exploit or no?

I'm tired of the high pressure polluted oxygen in my sewage treatment plant popping my dupes' eardrums, but I don't want to add yet another gas pump to my base as I'm already spending more power moving and separating gases than I am doing anything else.  I'm tempted to just seal the off gas process with a thin layer of water over the top of the polluted water but I'm dead set against using exploits.  On the one hand, liquids not mixing is working as intended.  On the other, this is abusing a game mechanic to nullify an intended byproduct of the polluted water.  I'm not sure where I stand on this one. so I thought I'd see what you guys think.

I consider the liquid-seal an exploit as well. While it might be a nice invention of some people showing how to make things work (e.g. using a tempedizer with 1 naphta and 2 tiles gas to prevent its temperature from turning it off (see

It is still just a neat trick but not the way to build a clean base.

It would be great if the devs would either find a way to prevent those glitches or - even better - create buildings/items that make the use of the exploit obsolete. (see Tempshift Plate)

3 minutes ago, blash365 said:

This is a neat trick but not the way to build a clean base. It would be great if the devs would either find a way to prevent those glitches or - even better - create buildings/items that make the use of the exploit obsolete. (see Tempshift Plate)

Really? So apparently you decide how people should play their game then?

And you think Temp Shift Plates are good? If anything, they and wheezeworts, aka cheat carrots, a magical plant that removes heat for no cost, should be removed from the game as I see it. Although, if wheezeworts required fertilizer to grow, I'd be ok with using those. And give a reason to make fertilizer in the first place. 

19 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Really? So apparently you decide how people should play their game then?

19 hours ago, blash365 said:

I consider ...

I am not sure how my opinion affects your ability in playing the game as you see fit. If it does, then the problem is certainly not my opinion.

However since this is a feedback forum for an early access title, i reserve myself the right to voice my perspective on aspects of the game even if those are not 100%-equivalent with yours. I apologize in advance.

15 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Excellent. I know now that anything you write you'll just change later and pretend you didn't.

If you'd care to check the quoted text in _your_ post and my "edited" text, you will quickly find out that all i edited was 2 links, a bit of formating and minor grammatical restructuring.

Let me know when you are ready to continue a mature conversation.

Archived