Hello Gamers it's Wintermute here from GrindThisGame.

I've made a new challenge map called The Lost City.

A  short video intro:

https://youtu.be/f2LWAayhPaI

The Goal: Find and enter the ancient lost city.

The Rules: Don't use debug mode!  Everything else is fair game.

Backstory: You wake from a deep dreamless sleep inside an ancient pyramid. The atmosphere outside is toxic and foreboding. You sense the presence of an ancient lost city somewhat close to your location. Can you find and enter the lost city?

I playtested it and it took about 60 cycles for me to complete. Since I knew the way it might have been faster but I'm sure people will find more creative and faster ways into the city.

Please don't post any spoilers for a few days or at least warn people about the spoiler!

THE-LOST-CITY.thumb.png.9dd24ddae475edb431a4118796153e83.png

Here is the save file: The LOST City.sav

For PC you need to save this to:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files

• Developer
26 minutes ago, GrindThisGame said:

@jambell  It might be possible. I was taking my time during the playtest I did. My "solution" is likely not be optimal as well. It's faster to find the city vs. actually getting into it. Thinking of streaming it?

:3

@Oozinator I think it took around 6 hours to build and 8 hours to test. I played it partially and had to tweak a few things then second play test was good and took 6 hours. I guess I spent some time planning and thinking about it before I actually built it as well. It was inspired by the tube challenge and also by a zone in a mud (multi user dungeon) that I played back in the 90s.

It took me 183 cycles to find and get into Lost City.

5 Dupes had to die though. Alpha was one of them, but Beta and Omega survived until the end.

Thanks for the great challenge and feeding my addiction to the game even more :D

8 hours ago, Nimu said:

It took me 183 cycles to find and get into Lost City.

5 Dupes had to die though. Alpha was one of them, but Beta and Omega survived until the end.

Thanks for the great challenge and feeding my addiction to the game even more :D

Very cool Nimu.  I'm glad you were able to finish it and have fun. RIP 5 dupes.

4 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

...is that propane I see?

lol. Don't forget the propane accessories!

Made it into the city by the end of Cycle 35 with 5 dupes. First try, but I might have gotten lucky: I figured I'd need exosuits sooner or later so I kinda bum-rushed them in the early game. Also, it'll take an extra cycle or two to charge up everyone elses exosuit so they can all transfer down there.

Omega was the discoverer. She was very excited about it and could barely contain her enthusiasm.

Spoiler

Lq1gSg4.jpg

The base I used to get there (click to expand):

Spoiler

I'll note that that water lock towards the bottom of the screenshot a) isn't necessary and b) doesn't entirely work. I had to dig a reservoir further down to catch the spillage.

aLjmZvM.jpg

On 14.01.2018 at 1:31 PM, QuQuasar said:

Made it into the city by the end of Cycle 35 with 5 dupes. First try, but I might have gotten lucky: I figured I'd need exosuits sooner or later so I kinda bum-rushed them in the early game. Also, it'll take an extra cycle or two to charge up everyone elses exosuit so they can all transfer down there.

Do not unfold spoiler unless you've done this map for fun, then for time run, then for optimized time run and then once again.

Spoiler

Don't do this. SPOILER!!!!

Spoiler

Do you know that there is another city on this map right in the skies? That's right, right through this insane amount of propane. And question is which one of them should be discovered.

Archived