Zek's Antics Reborn

Zeklo

Slowly getting better at portraying Jack's rage.

WdNZGpA.jpg

Jack the Sinner

A butterfly dies and a vile sprout grows.
Blood boils and temper rises.
Skin sheds and metal melds.

Tears fall but followed by silence.
Where did your heart go?

Spoiler

Been a while since I've done a "what did I listen" to, and none for this new thread. In short, I have a piece of music or two I listen to when I work on a specific character or scenario. In the case of Jack it was this one: 

However, the whole reason for me wanting to draw this picture in the first place was because I was listening to this: (nightcore, because I like the extra speed)

This one has a sad undertone amidst the action and is a bit easier on the ears, especially for concentrating. It also questions morality which plays a huge part in Jack's backstory.

The way I used it to influence my creative process was a mix of multiple perspectives. Verse 1 would be in the perspective of Jack's guardian. In this case, the "you" is Jack. In his childhood Jack was a much kinder person, but greatly troubled by the insignia burnt onto his back (I've never done any back shots of Jack, but he has a "7-legged" symbol branded onto his back). It caused, and causes him great pain, and is reason behind most of his anger. As a result, to me the "poison rain" is actually Jack crying as a kid (sometimes as blood), and the "Where did you go," was when Jack finally ran away.

The Chorus can be in the perspective of his guardian, but I used it more for Jack himself. I'm not going to go into much detail, but an attempt on Jack's life was made during his infancy, and for, more or less, good reason. So this is Jack questioning, if not mocking, those responsible. Another way I used this was for a scenario rather than Jack's backstory. If Jack had to make the choice to kill in order to save someone, would he do it? I'm not giving an answer, but it worked just as well.

Verse II has three key points. One is that Jack knowingly does bad things, usually for righteous causes, and chooses to bear that, never forgetting but never regretting. The second is Jack's guardians (by blood) were a part of a very religious group. He sees himself as abandoned by them and their god. Three is Jack questioning whether or not he should have survived in the first place.

The... bridge? Not sure the proper term, but I saw this in perspective of his guardians (by blood) choosing to "let Jack go" after their prayers failed.

For keeping that short, that's still pretty long, heh. The point is, if you can find a good music piece that fits the theme you're going for, you can help the lyrics guide your creative process.

To be clear though, I didn't make Jack's story off this but rather applied aspects to make the lyrics more powerful for my scenario.

21 hours ago, Zeklo said:

WdNZGpA.jpg

Jack the Sinner

A butterfly dies and a vile sprout grows.
Blood boils and temper rises.
Skin sheds and metal melds.

Tears fall but followed by silence.
Where did your heart go?

Nice work with the intensity! The digital element ads a creamy and clean touch to this. Nice.

10 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

5a9ef00b42e48_Eatasnickers.thumb.png.6be81bf2ad5301cca36b60ee617e4094.png

Your persona is such a precious cupcake.:wilson_ecstatic:

Turned out ok. Self executioner has lot of bare skin, so it ended up looking a bit flat. Gonna have to work on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We have something a little special today folks! Our champion, The Jack of Demons, will be facing off against another inhuman fiend—A foreigner all the way from Venosha! Once an executioner, this man is now here today as one of our humble fighters! I introduce to you, the towering terror: The Self Executioner!"

l1gXdvE.png

"I've been told you got your name for the amount of times your nose has been broken."

"That's right, but I'm willing to bet my face is better off than yours."

"Ha... So if I were to break it a 12th time would you become a queen?"

"Nice offer, I've heard your country is in need of a new queen, but I'll have to pass."

"For that comment, I will be breaking than just your nose."

"Wouldn't have it any other way, pal."

7 hours ago, Zeklo said:

buff shirtless dudes fighting

hot.png.64a34057da8f42de6a14c6004196778a.png

Also, Jack, what the heck are you doing entering gladiatorial combat with long hair. I mean, it's absolutely fabulous so I can see why you'd be hesitant to chop it of, but someone's gonna grab a whole fist full of it right next to your scalp and start jerking your head around and you won't be able to do anything about it. Mina will tell you. She knows. 

On 3/9/2018 at 7:56 AM, MenaAthena said:

Also, Jack, what the heck are you doing entering gladiatorial combat with long hair. I mean, it's absolutely fabulous so I can see why you'd be hesitant to chop it of, but someone's gonna grab a whole fist full of it right next to your scalp and start jerking your head around and you won't be able to do anything about it. Mina will tell you. She knows. 

Good, I'm not the only person who recognizes the danger of having long hair in a fi-

Wait a second...

Spoiler

20180313_112132.thumb.jpg.8da4939650561531c4666bf31fad5c5a.jpg

Crap, my protagonist fights with long hair too >:/

Archived