Astrology Signs of the Characters

On 2017-08-17 at 3:16 AM, Sinister_Fang said:

So, enlighten me. I've always just seen astrology as the belief that the sun, moon and stars have an impact on your life at an individual level. Am I wrong?

The underlying proposition seems to be that temperaments and experiences in some form are deterministic and cyclical.

The association with celestial bodies may be for references to time.

I know this thread is a little old, but I find the whole thing precious.  OP takes his astrology super seriously without any trace of irony and appears completely surprised that no one else does.  Also, they believe in ghosts and admit this.

Somewhere out there a bunch of dirty hippies are pouring over star charts trying to find hidden meaning and purpose in their lives without a shred of scientific method, facts, or self-awareness.

Thank you OP for reminding me that not all anti-intellectuals are actively making society a worse place, some of you are basically children coloring your favorite animals and doing cute nonsense math with your birthdates.  Harmless (to the rest of us) delusion.

Archived