Late game craftables using useless moonrocks, Klei pls read :D

So moonrocks were introduced forever ago with the meteor showers and since then they have proved pretty much worthless.  Yes you can craft a new wall type but that wall type sucks more than wood or hay on account that yes you cant hammer it but just about everything including your fists breaks it in 4 or 5 hits.  Whats the point of a wall you cant hammer if EVERYTHING else can break it?  Not to mention it takes just about forever and a day to collect enough moonrock to even make one section of wall let alone enough to make a useful wall of any sorts.  So I have come up with some more useful and practical uses for the stone which I think could add some fun to the game as well as provide useful utility in conjunction with already popular craftables.   I hope Klei reads this and seriously considers them.  The first idea listed below is really i think my best one and should SERIOUSLY be considered and added in the future.  It really is the only one that makes the most sense.

1.  Mooncaller staff-  Yes its exactly as simple as that.  Its the starcaller staff with one useful and helpful twist, it provides the cold light instead of fire light.  This means it can cool players thermal stones and the surrounding area alike and just like all endothermic fires you can't cook on it.  I feel this would a particularly cool late game addition as many of the psuedoscience tech has made its way into the longer games and has stretched out due to recent buffs making the items more viable and useful.  One restriction on the starcaller I've always had problems with is that its too hot to use in summer or even at the end of spring or beginning of autumn.  To have a "cooler"(see what I did there ;D) equivalent would be quite fun.

Nightmare Fuel x4 Living Log x2 Moon Rock x10?  12?         or       Moon Rock x4  Living Log x2  Yellow Gem x2

2.  Moonstone- Its a variation on the thermal stone but instead of providing temperature support it instead is a light source much like the magaluminescence but fade over time like a thermal stone.   One of the best features of the thermal stone in the winter is the light it gives off allowing you to run around in the darkness while keeping you hands free and your armor on.  This would do the same only provide no temperature control and only provide light.  Its light output would degrade when its in your inventory much like a thermal stone would but the change is how to charge it.  It would be charged ont he ground by the day light.  During the day time it would charge at the same rate as a thermal stone would next to a moderate/raging fire and during the dusk hours it would charge at a fraction of that rate and of course at night it wouldn't charge at all.

Pickaxe x1 Moon Rock x10  Flint or Rocks x3

3. Moonrock armor- So if you haven't figured out my common theme yet this one should illuminate(<--- see I did it again ;D) it completely.  It would be armor much like marble armor, providing the same dmg protection, durability and speed reduction but it would also emanate light so you can fight in the dark easier.

Moon Rock x12 Rope x4  Log Suit x1

I like these ideas, although armor that (if I understood that right) emits light without losing durability over time might be a little bit overpowered. Maybe it could emit light for some time after the player wearing it is hit? (I mean it's not like that armor is supposed to be used while trying to avoid getting hit since it slows people down)

How about: The armor emits light when you get hit and the light lasts about 1 day segment (since it's basically a tanking armor) and will in no means be more superior to the Thulecite Crown as the crown provides both light AND a force field and the Moon Armor provides only emits light and still has its default armor stats.

Pickaxe x1 Moon Rock x10  Flintx3

Hmm probably just the flint since you're chipping away at the moon rock with the flint and pick axe (I mean, the main ingredient of the Thermal Stone are rocks)

Moon Rock x12 Rope x4  Log Suit x1

Hmm... well, the marble suit is just marble and rope... but since it IS special, it should have something to do with the moon qualities it has... might I suggest... hmm... Nitre? (or maybe a transistor?)

3 hours ago, Asparagus said:

How about: The armor emits light when you get hit and the light lasts about 1 day segment (since it's basically a tanking armor) and will in no means be more superior to the Thulecite Crown as the crown provides both light AND a force field and the Moon Armor provides only emits light and still has its default armor stats.

That's what I meant.

15 hours ago, Clwnbaby said:

3. Moonrock armor- So if you haven't figured out my common theme yet this one should illuminate(<--- see I did it again ;D) it completely.  It would be armor much like marble armor, providing the same dmg protection, durability and speed reduction but it would also emanate light so you can fight in the dark easier.

Moon Rock x12 Rope x4  Log Suit x1

But...I wanted a moon hat so everyone would think I'm looney...

Also because body armor still sucks unless it has a good perk but slowness and light wouldn't cut it for me.

I'd fully support any of the ideas in the OP, that would definitely add a nice bit of extra variety.

An alternate to the Mooncaller Staff idea, let's call this one the Mooncaller Rod, it could be a new AoE magic weapon where you target the ground (or something in the world) and summon meteors to fall on that spot (a less destructive, more controlled version of the volcano staff from SW for somewhat of an idea of what I'm thinking here). AoE size could be something along the lines of a tier 1 spider den (3x3) 

Recipe could be something like: A telelocator staff, 8 moon rocks, and about 4 nightmare fuel.

@GiddyGuy  Thats kinda the point.  I mean honestly when you ever see someone wearing marble armor?  One thing I always notice when people introduce an idea is its always SUPER op or broken to the max.  Balance is never considered or even attempted.  Pretty much most suggestions are along the lines of MAKE THE GAME EASIER!!! 

Also another thing people, you dont want to make broken items for another reason, moon rocks aint exactly easy to get.  You don't want to push the demand up all the sudden, but if we did, moonrock armor would be the duping mechanic we need to make more moonrocks.

Im not going to lie, the mooncaller staff is the only item I really wanted, I just thought of the other ideas cause making a thread for 1 recipe idea is lame.

Archived