In DST right now, they say that making a Miner Hat is a bit resource consuming as it can't be refueled by the abundant cave flower's light bulb in the caves and the firefly drop from tumble weeds...

So...

Why not make fireflies spawn near ponds every new moon? Overflow you say? Why not make fireflies spawn much like the pond plant? a limit is set and are spawned at random parts of the pond!

but of course the fireflies spawning here would spawn a few steps away from the actual pond...

Probably limit them to 2-3 per pond at a time...

Just some pseudo code:

if world event = newmoon thencount number of fireflies in pond spawn radiusif fireflies => 2 thendo nothingelsenumber of fireflies to be spawned = 3 - (number of fireflies in radius)spawn (number of fireflies to be spawned) in random radius around pond

could also work for spawning grass and saplings

I'm also very open to the other things that could grow in "New Moon" world events... but I thought fireflies spawning in ponds was a logical start

O____O

Anyway.... maybe there can be a higher chance for a meteor shower with more moon rocks?   Well...I don't know......plz don't kill me ._.

So you're saying that another phase of the moon has a chance to...

hmm...

So... on full moons, meteor showers can have a higher chance of dropping Moon Rocks?

That's nice :)

They're a summer critter irl, correct? (I ask since I've literally never seen one before in my life, thanks Northern Canada)

Maybe during the Full Moons in the RoG Summer they can start cropping up. It's not much, but it does give Summer something.

They're a summer critter irl, correct? (I ask since I've literally never seen one before in my life, thanks Northern Canada) Maybe during the Full Moons in the RoG Summer they can start cropping up. It's not much, but it does give Summer something.

Very logical... having them them spawn every new moon/full moon only in summer would make them renewable but at the same time too abundant.

*tips hat to @The Letter W 

Very logical... having them them spawn every new moon/full moon only in summer would make them renewable but at the same time too abundant.

*smacks*

dont be gettin' all flirty or i swear to jeebus asparagus i will take that jar.

Is it possible for the game to run a check of how many fireflies there are total in the world, both outside and inside the player's inventory? It would only spawn them providing there was < x amount in the world by the time summer rolls around, to prevent the player just harvesting 3000 of them at any given time.

The only other thing I can think of is having a special plant that would attract them, perhaps.

Archived