Don't Starve: Reign of Giants Launching on PS4 - July 22 in North America / July 23 Europe

It’s official! We can now confirm that the Don't Starve: Reign of Giants Expansion is launching on PS4 on July 22 in North America and July, 23 in Europe! It will be available for $4.99 on PSN, and PS+ members will get a 10% launch discount!

Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants adds new characters, seasons, creatures, biomes, and other challenges to Don’t Starve.

The entire world of Don’t Starve has been expanded and is now even more uncompromising! New mysteries, challenges, and scientific innovations await your discovery. Here’s an overview of what’s included.

Key Features:

• New playable characters: Reign of Giants adds two characters for players to discover and survive with. Play as Wigfrid, a stage actress who went a bit too far with method acting on her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie, or Webber, a young boy who lives inside the spider who tried to eat him long ago.

• Year-round starvation: Struggle through a full year of seasons as you experience the torrential rain falls of spring and the blistering heat of summer.

• A bigger, badder world: New biomes have been filled to the brim with new creatures and gatherables that will either help you survive - or kill you.

• An extra save slot: You asked, we delivered.

• Giants: They’re in the name for crying out loud!

Also, along with the expansion being available, all Don’t Starve players will get a new free patch for the base game which includes performance enhancements, bug fixes and a some of the content that was previously only on PC including:

• Added Snow Chester and Shadow Chester

• New in-game text strings & dialogue

• Option to disable Screen Shake.

• Expanded options for World Generation.

• New ability to save custom pre-sets in World Generation screen

• Random character select option when starting a new game.

So there you have it! Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants is officially slated for PS4 and you can get your hands on it later this month.

I have been waiting for this so anxiously, thank you Klei for making a game that can be played super slow or super dangerous. I find it to have the perfect balance of challenge and motivation. 

I bought in on Steam even thou I only play it on PS4 to support u guys since I got it for free on PS+. 

If there is any chance please let MP be cross platform, I would love to play it with my nephew on PC and me on PS4.

Thanks again Klei!!!

My congratulations to my brothers and sisters on the PS4, and only for around $4.50, you get an entirely new way of playing the game! (Don't worry, if you miss the old way of playing, you can toggle it off as well!) 

But you thought winter was "hard?" 

*Chuckles, evolves to full-scale evil laugh* try the new seasons, especially summer! 

THANK YOU KLEI!!!!

I play this every night on my PS4 with my 10 & 7 year old girls. They have asked me every single day when I get home "Is the RoG expansion coming out?!?" and ever day I had to say... soon honey.

I just called them at home from work and my 10 year old squealed and was half crying she was so excited. 

Thanks so much for making an entertaining, constantly on going title that has held both my interest (I have over 300 hours of game time in) and my kids interest since launching on PS4.

THANK YOU KLEI!!!!

I play this every night on my PS4 with my 10 & 7 year old girls. They have asked me every single day when I get home "Is the RoG expansion coming out?!?" and ever day I had to say... soon honey.

I just called them at home from work and my 10 year old squealed and was half crying she was so excited. 

Thanks so much for making an entertaining, constantly on going title that has held both my interest (I have over 300 hours of game time in) and my kids interest since launching on PS4.

Not sure if the Don't Starve Together will have a local splitscreen. But if it does, the game will be super family entertaining

You look like you are slowly coming down with something Bimobazinga.

It seems like you're seeing double posting already.

If you don't get better by, say, next Wednesday, I'd stay home all day...just to be safe. .

or perhaps create a US account and start the enjoy on Tuesday  :juggling:

There won't be any new trophies for Reign of Giants on PS4. 

Bahhh :'( You are so evil :'( Will the timegap between the PC and PS4 version be the same with Don't Stave Together?? And will we be able to play cross-platform?? Pc-PS4-PS3-Xbox? :)

Archived