Don't Starve: Reign of Giants Launching on PS4 - July 22 in North America / July 23 Europe

@ TheStupidPancake...rarely does anyone say "lucky americans" anymore.

@ Klei &/or PSN reps...10% launch discount for PS+ members is currently not reflected on PSN store.

Had the game just been 5 across the board, I'd probably have already paid for and installed it. Instead, we've been promised (rather, teased) with a bit of a discount (I'm guessing because we had to wait longer for it to come to console) that hasn't shown up yet. Thanks.

@ TheStupidPancake...rarely does anyone say "lucky americans" anymore.

@ Klei &/or PSN reps...10% launch discount for PS+ members is currently not reflected on PSN store.

Had the game just been 5 across the board, I'd probably have already paid for and installed it. Instead, we've been promised (rather, teased) with a bit of a discount (I'm guessing because we had to wait longer for it to come to console) that hasn't shown up yet. Thanks.

Hey there. We have confirmed the 10% discount for PS+ members is showing up, so perhaps you need to clear your browser cache? If you are still having issues, you may want to contact Sony support. 

Please help. I purchased this from the PSN store at work and told it to download to my PS4 so I could play when I got home. I get home and there is no record of it downloading. I start the game and sure enough it's not installed. I check the game page from my library and it says it's installed, but when I go to the store it just says purchased (not installed like my other DLC from other games). There is no button to redownload it, to uninstall it or anything. I tried erasing and uninstalling the entire game, but even when the game is no longer installed it still says the DLC is installed, even with no record of it ever downloading. After redownloading the game and the update it still doesn't show the ROG DLC, yet says it's installed. Am I missing something? I started a new game and it was no different from a normal game. Any suggestions?

Please help. I purchased this from the PSN store at work and told it to download to my PS4 so I could play when I got home. I get home and there is no record of it downloading. I start the game and sure enough it's not installed. I check the game page from my library and it says it's installed, but when I go to the store it just says purchased (not installed like my other DLC from other games). There is no button to redownload it, to uninstall it or anything. I tried erasing and uninstalling the entire game, but even when the game is no longer installed it still says the DLC is installed, even with no record of it ever downloading. After redownloading the game and the update it still doesn't show the ROG DLC, yet says it's installed. Am I missing something? I started a new game and it was no different from a normal game. Any suggestions?

Heya @Khorn73, are you in North America or in Europe? If you are in Europe, Reign of Giants will not be available for that region until July 23rd.

If you're in North America, could you let me know what the colour of your game's main menu is? Is it purple? If not, and you have purchased the game from the SEN (Sony Entertainment Network) site - you should be able to remotely download your content to your PS4 through your SEN account. 

*Note - You may have to put your PS4 into Standby mode for remote download to work.

Here's how you can do SEN to PS4 remote downloads (via PlayStation Support): https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5034/~/download-sen-store-purchases-to-ps4

Heya @Khorn73, are you in North America or in Europe? If you are in Europe, Reign of Giants will not be available for that region until July 23rd.

If you're in North America, could you let me know what the colour of your game's main menu is? Is it purple? If not, and you have purchased the game from the SEN (Sony Entertainment Network) site - you should be able to remotely download your content to your PS4 through your SEN account. 

*Note - You may have to put your PS4 into Standby mode for remote download to work.

Here's how you can do SEN to PS4 remote downloads (via PlayStation Support): https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5034/~/download-sen-store-purchases-to-ps4

@JanH, I just reinstalled the game for the second time, but this time shut the entire system off before redownloading and installing the game and this time it WORKED! I now see the Reign of Giants home screen. Thanks for the speedy reply, I can't wait to play this. Great job guys! 

Just in case you want to trouble shoot this more or come across this again with someone else, I took a screen shot of how it was showing up in my download list on the PSN store. As you can see from the screen shot, there is no option to download, even though all my other games give me the option, even games already installed. This screen shot was taken from my computer, it doesn't show up in my download list when logged into the store on my PS4 because it is paired with the game. When I went into the game and clicked on my DLC, however, it showed up, but it only said purchased with no button to download it. I'm not sure if this is standard? When I would navigate to my library and click on it in there, it said installed and the little download arrow was grayed out.

Incidentally, once I reinstalled it for the second time I didn't have to download the ROG DLC, it just worked. Oh and I am located in North America if there still was any question.

Perhaps the store was in the process of updating when I originally purchased it from my work computer and it corrupted the download file somehow? Not sure if that's even possible, but it does seem to be working now. Thanks again and keep up the great work.

post-431734-0-19410100-1406077018_thumb.

I'm having the same problem that Khorn73 was having except I've reinstalled 3 times and shut down the ps4 and everything I could think of.  In the US as well dlc says bought but its not showing up in game at all.

I'm having the same problem that Khorn73 was having except I've reinstalled 3 times and shut down the ps4 and everything I could think of. In the US as well dlc says bought but its not showing up in game at all.

How I got it to work was I deleted the game AND my save file (I backed it up first to a USB stick) off of the hard drive. I THEN completely shut my PS4 off (not just stand by). I then turned it back on after a few minutes and went into the store and downloaded Don't Starve directly from the game page and not my download page. When it was done I launched it, it automatically installed the update and when it was finished I saw the ROG main page. Hope this helps you. I've been playing it all night—finally unlocked Wes, so it appears they fixed the Two Worlds issue with it constantly spawning for world three in adventure mode.

How I got it to work was I deleted the game AND my save file (I backed it up first to a USB stick) off of the hard drive. I THEN completely shut my PS4 off (not just stand by). I then turned it back on after a few minutes and went into the store and downloaded Don't Starve directly from the game page and not my download page. When it was done I launched it, it automatically installed the update and when it was finished I saw the ROG main page. Hope this helps you. I've been playing it all night—finally unlocked Wes, so it appears they fixed the Two Worlds issue with it constantly spawning for world three in adventure mode.

Just did exactly as you said, still doesn't work for me.  I don't know what to do guess I paid for nothing.

Just did exactly as you said, still doesn't work for me.  I don't know what to do guess I paid for nothing.

Did you access your download list from the PSN store from a computer (I believe JanH has a link showing how to get there in his post)? If so, did it look like my original screen shot, where it shows up on your list, but there is no button to click on? If you ignore that and actually click on the game from this screen and only this screen you should see a down load to PS4 button under the price (see attached screen shot). I know I tried clicking on that button a few times when I was trying to install my game, but every time I would click it I just got Sony's four bar loading graphic. It appeared as if it never did anything, but maybe it actually downloaded it to my system and maybe that's how I actually got my game to run? Not sure, but if you haven't tried this it's worth a shot. 

Best of luck to you, let me know if you ever get it to work.

post-431734-0-35445900-1406118690_thumb.

Dislaimer: Pure speculation on my part, based only on anecdotal evidence.

I believe the DLC was contained in the patch / update that was pushed out on Monday 7/21. My PS4 is setup to auto-download updates, and I saw it downloading the patch on Monday when I fired up the PS4 (for a session of DS of course!)  Then Tuesday evening I purchased the DLC from the PSN store on the PS4. Nothing downloaded at all, nothing in the download list. As soon as I started DS I got the new color menu and all of the RoG content is there. So it seems like bimobazinga's solution above is most likely the best thing to try if RoG doesn't show up after you buy.

• Developer

Hmm, it's been confirmed to be released in SCEE region, not sure why it would still not be showing up.

The contents of the DLC were indeed part of the Patch that was released earlier this week (which is why it was so large). When purchasing the DLC, it is basically the license that you are getting to unlock the content. It has to be done this way, as Sony does not allow patches for DLC packages, so the content needs to be included in the base game in case we need to make any necessary changes (which we will be).

I am having same problem.. tried everything mentioned above.

FIXED

All you having problem to get ROG to work. Go to settings menu of PS4->PSN->Restore Licences. That's it. Enjoy Reign of Giants

Thanks everyone for the help, restoring the licenses just fixed it for me. So something happened when I bought it that made the license not activate for some reason.

Dear Klei,

I've been on ur twitter told them that I was having issues trying to download the dlc in the uk, an now I have been looking in the ps store for ages, while in the ps App Store it shows but does not let you download it, now I have brought it but can't play it, I don't understand thought we were able to play the dlc on the 23rd of July ? An is this a to do with you guys or psn ?

Archived