Help With Wigfrid... Please.... HELP ME!

So I've recently unlocked Wigfrid and so far she seems like a decent character. However, the meat eating thing has got me a little scared to play her... I've heard she can eat "Meaty Dishes" from the crockpot, but I would like to know which recipes actually classify as "Meaty". If anyone could provide a list or something that would be great, thanks. :love_heart:

I play as Wigfrid and I can never remember what will make what, so I always make sure I include something that's meat (which includes frog legs and fish) and it's always turned out fine so far.

The main difference to my game play is that I make sure I collect the materials to make a crockpot on day one, and make her 4 starting meat into 4 portions of meatballs, as otherwise feeding her early on can cause problems.  She's harder to travel with since she gets hungry quickly and you can't just grab whatever's handy, but her ability to bash things on the head makes up for this.

Here are a couple of easy recipes to make as Wigfrid that are, "meaty."

NEVER USE MORE THAN 1 MONSTER MEAT:

• Hungry? Try some meat balls! (KILL SPIDERS FOR THEIR MEAT and USE IT!)
    1 Monster Meat, Any 3 Filler that is not twigs (Berries, Morsels, Carrots)
  • Hurt badly? Try some Fish Sticks! (40 HP a Pop! WOW!)
    1 Twig, 1 Fish, Any 2 Filler that is not twigs (Berries, Fish, Frog Legs, Mushrooms)
  • REALLY Hungry? Planning a Big Trip? Try some Meaty Stew! (Always requires atleast 3 Meats of different kinds)
    2 "Meat" (The Actual Item called Meat, from Tallbirds/Beefalo/Koalefants etc), 1 Monster Meat and 1 Filler!
    Or 1 "Meat", 1 Monster Meat and 2 Morsels.

• If you want a cost efficient way to get more healing out of your meat, be sure to build drying racks. They can change a normal morsel into "Small Jerky" which lasts twice as long, and not only gives you hunger but refills more health and sanity as well! (Be sure to build a lightning rod to protect them if you have a large amount of racks.)

1 Twig, 1 Fish, Any 2 Filler that is not twigs (Berries, Fish, Frog Legs, Mushrooms)

• REALLY Hungry? Planning a Big Trip? Try some Meaty Stew! (Always requires atleast 3 Meats of different kinds)

2 "Meat" (The Actual Item called Meat, from Tallbirds/Beefalo/Koalefants etc), 1 Monster Meat and 1 Filler!

• If you want a cost efficient way to get more healing out of your meat, be sure to build drying racks. They can change a normal morsel into "Small Jerky" which lasts twice as long, and not only gives you hunger but refills more health and sanity as well! (Be sure to build a lightning rod to protect them if you have a large amount of racks.)

Meaty stew is not the best for wigfrid, but it helps.

It actually goes past her max hunger, last time i checked.

So about 30 or so hunger points appear to be wasted.

Meaty stew is not the best for wigfrid, but it helps.

It actually goes past her max hunger, last time i checked.

So about 30 or so hunger points appear to be wasted.

I'm the only person stupid enough to wait to get to 1 hunger and then use a Meaty Stew?

Even with Wigfrids 120 Hunger Cap the Meaty Stew is better than eating 4 Cooked meats (each giving only 25 together adding up to 100 instead of the 150 Meaty Stew gives with the same ingredients or even less ingredients.) You'd be wasting 50 hunger points anyway - and on Wigfrid you'd just waste 30. I just chock my Ice-box full of them whenever I get the chance especially if I plan on travelling for a long time.

Though this does raise the question of what the best and easiest to acquire recipe for Wigfrid would be - she's my favorite character yet... I don't know this so - any help would... help! : D

I'm the only person stupid enough to wait to get to 1 hunger and then use a Meaty Stew?

Even with Wigfrids 120 Hunger Cap the Meaty Stew is better than eating 4 Cooked meats (each giving only 25 together adding up to 100 instead of the 150 Meaty Stew gives with the same ingredients or even less ingredients.) You'd be wasting 50 hunger points anyway - and on Wigfrid you'd just waste 30. I just chock my Ice-box full of them whenever I get the chance especially if I plan on travelling for a long time.

Though this does raise the question of what the best and easiest to acquire recipe for Wigfrid would be - she's my favorite character yet... I don't know this so - any help would... help! : D

No I do that too, and if going on a long journey I also like to take a couple of meaty stews if possible.

Mostly I make meatballs though, topped up with jerky made with any extra meat.  I often have honey in the icebox too and make occasional honey ham if needed. 

I always camp near an easy source of meat - usually frog ponds, but this time through I wanted a change so I've camped on a beefalo savannah, within easy reach of a tallbird fort, and I'm setting up a small tooth trap area so I can just keep farming the tallbirds that way.

Any dish that has meat (and although it does not count as meat in the game, also fish for this character only specifically,) will work. 

Pretty much, what was written above. it's cheaper to make one dish, assuming you can get to 3 total meat (remember, a morsel is only .5 meat) and are down over 100 hunger.

Now, if we're talking multiple health/hunger concerns, and you make sure you plan it when she's at 50 hunger, or don't care about being absolutely full, Bacon and Eggs is your best overall second (or outright long term traveling) choice. It cures 75 hunger, 20 health and lasts 20 DAYS once created. Of course there are better bundled foods (my first, Honey Ham, is one of my favorites for example,) but they don't last as long meaning they go stale/rotten faster (like 5 days faster for my example.) 

Honey nuggets are considered meat - I keep making them by mistake as I can never remember the right recipe for honey ham.

Easy. (And since it's cost effectively the best crock pot item to make in game, memorize this: ) 2 meat value (not 2 pieces of meat, but meat value, as morsels and frog legs are considered only 1/2 meat, so you'd have two use two slot's worth of them just to get 1 meat, and another 1 meat value and) 1 honey and any 1 filler if you have a slot remaining besides twigs (including another honey.) A berry or other produce is often used when another honey is not used. 

Again, 2 meat value total, 1 honey and 1 filler besides sticks (if you have a fourth crock pot slot remaining.)

Note: in reign of giants, eating a honey ham raises your temperature 5 degrees. use to your advantage or caution in winter/summer. 

Easy. (And since it's cost effectively the best crock pot item to make in game, memorize this: ) 2 meat value (not 2 pieces of meat, but meat value, as morsels and frog legs are considered only 1/2 meat, so you'd have two use two slot's worth of them just to get 1 meat, and another 1 meat value and) 1 honey and any 1 filler if you have a slot remaining besides twigs (including another honey.) A berry or other produce is often used when another honey is not used. 

Again, 2 meat value total, 1 honey and 1 filler besides sticks (if you have a fourth crock pot slot remaining.)

Note: in reign of giants, eating a honey ham raises your temperature 5 degrees. use to your advantage or caution in winter/summer. 

I'm repeating to myself '2 meat value, 1 honey' - I think the problem is I keep getting it the other way round and putting one meat, one morsel and 2 honey.  That's when I get the honey nuggets.  Thank you! :)

Anyway, if you can make nuggets, you should make ham instead.

If you are any one other then wigfrid and you have a dragonfruit, make dragonfruit pie.

If you have good meat, monster meat (and/or) morsels and honey make honey ham.

If you don't have any good meat make nuggets.

If you don't have good meat (just monster meat) or honey make bacon and eggs.

If you have only morsels make meatballs.

Is it worth building alot of drying racks, or just a few? And I must know, what does that 2 meat, 1 honey and filler recipe make????

Yes, I'd suggest a minimum of 4 Drying Racks for that character if not many more.

Drying Racks make Meat, Frog's Legs, Morsels, Drumsticks, Fish, etc into Jerky (or Small Jerky) which ALSO restores Health and Sanity as well as greatly lengthens durability. Of course, her special ability to heal 25% of the enemy's attack damage as Health/Sanity after killing it in combat means you don't have to worry about Health and Sanity restoration this way as much, but it's a still nice option to have.

These items also are used as meat-based ingredients in Crock Pot recipes. Even eating Jerky, these recipes still restore a lot more than eating multiple meat. (When starting out, morsels to Small Jerky  even now become a more powerful Hunger restoring Meatballs instead. Early on, this also gives you something to do with all that "useless-except-as-bait-for-animals-to target" produce in a timely manner without worrying as much about the food spoiling.) They also allow you to convert animal foods into a universal meat for Crock Pot recipes.  (If you catch a lot of Fish for example, the Crock Pot does not count that as meat, but you can convert them into Small Jerky and use them to make Honey Ham  More on this later.)

Remember, the drying process for Jerky takes 2 Days to finish as well as Batalisk Wings (which make Small Jerky) or 1 day for 1/2 meat value items which (also) make Small Jerky (and 1 day for Monster Meat.

I'll explain Monster Meat next, but more on Meat value later.) The only thing you need to be warned about is Monster Meat still harms you as Monster Jerky, but only half the Sanity is lost (cooked Monster Meat  will take 3 Health away and 10 Sanity but Jerky only removes 5 Sanity along with the 3 health. All versions restore 18.75 Hunger.) 

Since WIgfrid eats meats (or any Crock Pot meat/fish recipes) only, it's vital to have a lot of jerky meats--as in variety of different meat types, or one most efficient type greatly stockpiled or its ingredients stockpiled if crock pot recipe-related.

Even if you don't eat the Jerky directly, it lasts a lot longer stored and you can use it the same way you can use the original meat in Crock Pot recipes (including only ONE Monster Meat OR Monster Jerky or Durian fruit INSTEAD of Monster Meat per recipe or you make Monster Lasagna.) One HUGE trick is to store any meat until it's about to rot, then hang it to dry. After the 1-2 days that takes, the meats now are full durability Jerky/Small Jerky!

Having meats last longer as its respective jerky means you can make more dishes as well as the durability of all items making a new durability for the Crock Pot food when items become stale/rotten. The trick is (unless the recipe say it is not to be cooked) to cook the items just before placing them in the crock pot (jerkies being the exception of course which needs the meat hung raw and cannot be cooked once it is jerky) then cooking them in the pot for maximum duration in both storing items and keeping the finished product.  

And 2 meat value, 1 Honey and 1 filler (no twigs) makes Honey Ham: One of the best Crock Pot foods out there that restores 30 Health, 75 Hunger and 5 Sanity! Make sure your total meat value is 2 or more, or you make the lesser (as in 33.5 vs 75 Hunger) Honey Nuggets. So a Frog's Legs, Drumstick, or Small Jerky is only 1/2 a meat value (taking 2 to make 1 meat value, and these 1/2 value items make Small Jerky instead of Jerky.) 

Fish is not counted as "meat" in the Crock Pot and can't be used in the total to create Honey Ham unless used as filler or converted to Small Jerky of 1/2 meat each. Again, for Wigfrid ONLY-even though it does not count as meat in the Crock Pot-she may eat it as "meat" alone or in dishes it creates in the Crock Pot (FIsh Sticks, Fish Tacos, etc.)

if you are considering keeping/storing/exploring with the finished product longer, another option is 1.5 meat, 2 eggs (or 1 Tallbird egg) and any filler besides sticks for Bacon and Eggs.

Bacon and Eggs only restores 20 Health compared to the 30 of Honey ham, but the same Hunger and Sanity (and since you can heal these last 2 by fighting, this is a viable option for her.)

More so, the Durability of Honey Ham is 15 days while Bacon and Eggs is 20 days total! Often, people make a lot of B&E for traveling foods instead of HH or sometimes substitute it for better storage in winter/if they run out of Honey during those early 1st winters. 

It's highly suggested to make a birdcage anyway, but especially if you  use this strategy for a constant supply of fresh durability eggs (including cooked eggs) which the bird will make when fed any animal meat! if the bird won't eat it, simply try cooking it first. This method means your animal byproduct foods (besides Electric Milk I believe...but I never tried wasting feeding it and use it to make Ice Cream) NEVER goes to waste! (Well, as long as you don't allow the egg to go completely Rotten, but Rotten Eggs are used for Fertilizer, Fuel and Gunpowder..and that's a whole other topic.)

Finally, many recipes using meat can use 1 egg as 1/2 a meat (or 1 Tallbird Egg I believe as 1 Meat, but cannot say for certain.) 

While Meaty Stew heals more Hunger, it heals too much based on Wigfrid's total hunger,  and lasts a LOT shorter in duration (unless you do what was mentioned here in regards IF you are down over 100 Hunger and not hurting for Health, then it becomes cheaper to make and eat 1 Meaty Stew. The general idea for the dish across the entire game and all characters, is to make the Meaty Stew and immediately eat it for characters that have 150 Hunger or Higher, especially characters like Wolfgang and a gear-upgraded Wx-78.)

I hope this explains why Drying racks are awesome (assuming you can wait 1-2 days when drying meats,) Honey Ham (Bacon and Eggs, and eggs) are awesome, and when to use Meaty Stews as an option!  

bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla within easy reach of a tallbird fort, and I'm setting up a small tooth trap area so I can just keep farming the tallbirds that way.

Excuse me? I think I found some sort of mistake. Nobody is that heartless. This must be a typo. It has to be! It is a typo, right? Right? You are a cold hearted b******.

question: would it be a valid strategy to potentially leave a string of crock pots througout the world the way many people do with firepits/endo pits for seasonal travelling? I realize this is a lot of effort, and I have not played wigrid yet, so anyone with wigfrid experience, would this be worth the effort/resources?

Excuse me? I think I found some sort of mistake. Nobody is that heartless. This must be a typo. It has to be! It is a typo, right? Right? You are a cold hearted b******.

Reminds me of the end of the 1975 cult classic movie "A Boy and his Dog" which was,

"She was very tender."

question: would it be a valid strategy to potentially leave a string of crock pots througout the world the way many people do with firepits/endo pits for seasonal travelling? I realize this is a lot of effort, and I have not played wigrid yet, so anyone with wigfrid experience, would this be worth the effort/resources?

I've now played Wigfrid a LOT.

No.  

You don't starve in a few moments like you burn or freeze.

Having a few "forward operating bases" with crockpots as Wigfrid is fine in the early or very late game with a big world (or sometimes exploring in Summer/Winter with its corresponding fire pit,) but by the time you get to having set up a base for several days and preparing for summer/winter, you should be swimming in meat/jerky/monster jerky/small jerky and the corresponding crock pot foods. Of course, make a base close to a meat source (for food and protection the pig village is best since you can feed them 4 monster meat and werepig them to get 2 meat and a pigskin whenever you like or wait for a full moon.)

If exploring far from your base, you should have made a bunch of Bacon and Eggs foods instead. Scavenging from the land as Wigfrid is NOT a viable option. Pre-cooking is. 

Your goal is simply to get a crock pot and (at least 1 if not 2) drying rack(s) within 3 days, eating 2 meat of you four meats given until you do, the quicker finding gold and a base set up, the better.

If you find Beefalo, great. helmet and spear up but lure one by its own to kill.

If in trouble, pick a carrot/berry and use as a lure for Jackalopes and kill them before they eat it. Repeat frequently.

If spring, hunt Moleworms with minerals instead, including flint. 

But do NOT stop moving until you find at least 1 gold and the rock/wood/twigs/charcoal to make that science machine and crock pot so you can use that "useless non meat food" as filler for meatballs to start. 

When at 58-57 health, eat meatballs to be at full. 

Now this base does not have to be permanent, as you search for the materials needed for an Alchemy engine, but your goal-since you are meat dependent-is to make (at a permanent base)  a permanent crock pot and as many drying racks as quickly as you can, with a minimum of 4-6 drying racks.

Remember, Monster meat dries much faster (as well as small jerky meats like morsels, frog legs, and fish) [1 day] than  regular Meat [2 days] and Batalisk wings [2 days, makes small jerky]. If you have a lot of Monster meat (or small meat) you can dry that first to quickly store it, then do your regular meat, (instead of having to build more grass-costly racks.) This tactic can be used until you find gears for the cold box to store your meats longer/until combined with fillers for crock pot foods.  Even if the meat is moments away from spoiling, drying it makes full durability Jerky!

Of course if your regular Meat is going stale, you might want to dry that first.

(And don't forget as Wigfrid, you can open the Plugged Sinkholes and get cave bats to fight every dusk outside for additional Batalisk wings/monster meat to eat where other characters wouldn't be combat ready yet.) 

So in conclusion, make a temporary base with a crock pot and 1-2 drying racks as needed, but don't make them across the land like fire pits. Focus on a permanent base with a crock pot and as many drying racks as you can until you find gears for a cold box, and dry your meats to make them last longer until used for crock pot recipes. 

Archived