Ice in new crock pot recipes, and Cactus Tequila Idea

I think there should be new crock pot recipes in DS, like my new idea a Cactus Tequila, ( IT DOES NOT have to be a Tequila, just an COOL idea! I prefer if it was a SMOOTHIE.) It is made by putting 2 Cactus Flesh in a crock pot, with 1 ice, and berries. Restores 3 or 8 Health, 36.5 Hunger, and -2 or +4 Sanity. It cools the player down by 5-10 Degrees Celsius. 

I think there should be new crock pot recipes in DS, like my new idea a Cactus Tequila, (Does not have to be a Tequila, just an COOL idea!) It is made by putting 2 Cactus Flesh in a crock pot, with 1 ice, and berries. Restores 3 or 8 Health, 36.5 Hunger, and -2 or +4 Sanity. It cools the player down by 5-10 Degrees Celsius. 

Sorry but I think this idea is going nowhere. Few months ago I made a suggestion-post with an idea of Destilatior for making different types of alkohol with various effects for the player.The concept was quickly shut down as few forum members rightfully pointed out that in Don't Starve there are some underaged characters (like Wendy) and it's inappropriate to allow them to get drunk in a game.

From a storytelling point of view - people that are about to die are most likely to seek comfort in some kind of sense numbing substances. Not only in direct danger but also to increase endurance in long travels. A real life example is the use of coca leaves by the Andean cultures. I think that this aspect of the game would make the characters more belivable and humanlike. In this situation I don't think they could be morally judged for those actions. This feature would also enrich the gameplay with some interesting mechanics... but...

The bottom line is that Don't Starve is rated with PEGI 7. If you came up with your idea under the impression that the term 'tequila' is just cool then you HAVE TO consider changing the name of your recipe. If you want an alcoholic beverage in the game then I don't see it happening.

Sorry but I think this idea is going nowhere. Few months ago I made a suggestion-post with an idea of Destilatior for making different types of alkohol with various effects for the player.The concept was quickly shut down as few forum members rightfully pointed out that in Don't Starve there are some underaged characters (like Wendy) and it's inappropriate to allow them to get drunk in a game.

From a storytelling point of view - people that are about to die are most likely to seek comfort in some kind of sense numbing substances. Not only in direct danger but also to increase endurance in long travels. A real life example is the use of coca leaves by the Andean cultures. I think that this aspect of the game would make the characters more belivable and humanlike. In this situation I don't think they could be morally judged for those actions. This feature would also enrich the gameplay with some interesting mechanics... but...

The bottom line is that Don't Starve is rated with PEGI 7. If you came up with your idea under the impression that the term 'tequila' is just cool then you HAVE TO consider changing the name of your recipe. If you want an alcoholic beverage in the game then I don't see it happening.

Like I said "Does not have to be a Tequila, just an COOL idea!" I know its inappropriate to have alcohol in game, so it does NOT have to be a type of alcohol. It Could be a Smoothie, or something.

That would be a unique feature; getting drunk.

Imagine the examination quotes:

"Hey, a tree...tall..piney...urrmugler"

However you will have to not allow Wendy, Willow or Wes to use it.

"Alcohol impairs judgement; I shan't drink"

"I'd much rather set it on fire"

"*Bicycle motion*"

Ooh, there DEFINITELY should be a way to make alcohol.

And there needs to be effects WHEN IT IS GIVEN TO PIGS. A different befriending, I think. 

Drunk pigs will neither work (chop trees) nor attack when ordered but will fight spontaneously.And a drunk pig will attack another pig if the 2nd pig takes a piece of food the 1st pig was going for.drunken-pig-2.jpg

That would be a unique feature; getting drunk.

Imagine the examination quotes:

"Hey, a tree...tall..piney...urrmugler"

However you will have to not allow Wendy, Willow or Wes to use it.

"Alcohol impairs judgement; I shan't drink"

"I'd much rather set it on fire"

"*Bicycle motion*"

Wickerbottom wouldn't drink, either. With her demeanor and the era the game is set in clearly mark her as a tee-totaler, if not a prohibitionist

I don't understand why Wes wouldn't drink.

I have some Maxwell drunk quotes:

When drinking: "Rotgut. I miss bourbon."

Piggyback: "I need a Sherpa."

Icebox: "When did they deliver the ice?"

Bee Mine: "Soon, minions, soon."

Meat Effigy: "The new one wouldn't really be me, anyway."

Shadow Manipulator: "Even I don't know what this crap will do."

Telelocator Staff: "Wherever you go, that's where you are."

Walking Cane: "Where's the hidden sword again?"

Houndious Shootius (placed): "Fixed-position minions."

any cut or burning plant: "Oh well."

Berries: "I can make REALLY crappy booze with this!"

Krampus: "Why did he come to OUR house every year?"

meat,morsels: "Mmmm. Tastes like murder."

No intoxication please. Keep it PG - it's meant for kids (you know, humans way younger than us) too, and they do constitute a chunk of Klei's audience. Find an alternative for Ice/Drinks and make a mod for your alcoholic's anonymous community.

PG - if not G. Sorry, adults.

No intoxication please. Keep it PG - it's meant for kids (you know, humans way younger than us) too, and they do constitute a chunk of Klei's audience. Find an alternative for Ice/Drinks and make a mod for your alcoholic's anonymous community.

PG - if not G. Sorry, adults.

I want it to be a smoothie

Wait.

People are opposed to imaginary children drinking imaginary alcoholic beverages...

In a game where those same children murder all sorts of things, including man-like pig people, and they also eat magic mushrooms...

What.

Wait.

People are opposed to imaginary children drinking imaginary alcoholic beverages...

In a game where those same children murder all sorts of things, including man-like pig people, and they also eat magic mushrooms...

What.

Rating systems never make sense.

Archived