The worst ones are the ones who have the script that changes their name frequently enough that it doesn't get stopped by Steam, but it's hard to pinpoint them to voteban. Then if you do manage to nail them (I wait for them to get my name) they just type "retry" in the console, rendering the vote useless anyway.

Where is the fun in this, again?

Never understood aim bot users. Just why. Where's the fun? The closest to one making sense(I use that loosely) is one sniper I played a game with who was using one to bring stranges to server clearing. Something about trading.

The worst ones are the ones who have the script that changes their name frequently enough that it doesn't get stopped by Steam, but it's hard to pinpoint them to voteban. Then if you do manage to nail them (I wait for them to get my name) they just type "retry" in the console, rendering the vote useless anyway.

Where is the fun in this, again?

Leave the server, play on another one. I know i hop around from prophunt to normal games, and most of the time they leave by themselves

So I just decided to finally try out TF2.

Any advice?

Dont play as the spy, the sniper or the medic w/o at least 20 hrs in the game

Don't W+M1 as the pyro

Learn to rocketjump as soldier

Don't use your shotgun as the heavy

The boston basher is terrible

So is the volcano fragment

and the holiday punch

And, for the love of all that is holy, DONT USE THE DEADRINGER.

Don't W+M1 as the pyro

and the holiday punch

The holiday punch is quite good though? It does the same damage as the default fists and it can force enemies to taunt against their will

Also the shotgun can be quite good with heavy if you know when to use it

Volcano fragment is also very viable too? And the deadringer if you can use it right?

Don't W+M1 as the pyro

and the holiday punch

I've been playing as the Medic the most, I like that class.

@Maximum124

The holiday punch is kinda pointless of youre playing seriously, when are you going to be ehind the enemy and close enough to hit thm as a heavy? Theyd have to be practically standing still, and not to mention all the better options, like the gloves of running urgently, the gloves of boxing, etc,

The shotgun, like the holiday punch has other things it's wasting a slot for,

And the volcano fragment

Why use it? If your close enough to melee, why not use the flamethrower, or the flare gun to light things on fire, you could be using the powerjack, or the axtuinguisher, or something useful?

I hate the dead ringer, I could go on a huge rant why its so horrible and why I, and 80% of people hate it, but I don't want to because you can look up dead ringer and half the results are people who hate it because its more broken then my laptop

The holiday punch is kinda pointless of youre playing seriously, when are you going to be ehind the enemy and close enough to hit thm as a heavy? Theyd have to be practically standing still, and not to mention all the better options, like the gloves of running urgently, the gloves of boxing, etc,

The shotgun, like the holiday punch has other things it's wasting a slot for,

And the volcano fragment

Why use it? If your close enough to melee, why not use the flamethrower, or the flare gun to light things on fire, you could be using the powerjack, or the axtuinguisher, or something useful?

I hate the dead ringer, I could go on a huge rant why its so horrible and why I, and 80% of people hate it, but I don't want to because you can look up dead ringer and half the results are people who hate it because its more broken then my laptop

Well policing peoples loadouts aren't really gonna win you any friends, and assuming that people who use a particular wepon are bad at the game is gonna get you killed quick

Why does that demo have a sticky jumper and a caber? Surely he could have a more useful loadout!

Well in the time it took you to say that the demoman has landed on your head and blown you into tasty gibs and is flying off back to his respawn to do it again

I don't really know all of the Unusual effects but I would have to say my dream Unusual has to be a Texas Slimdome Shine with the Sunbeams effect.

Or the Stately Steel Toe with Buzzing Flies. Either one of those two.

The only Unusual I own is an Infernal Impaler with the Kill-a-Watt effect for Soldier, a gift from a friend.

tumblr_n1gz3fCwAx1r4q7yco1_1280.jpg

I don't really know all of the Unusual effects but I would have to say my dream Unusual has to be a Texas Slimdome Shine with the Sunbeams effect.

Or the Stately Steel Toe with Buzzing Flies. Either one of those two.

The only Unusual I own is an Infernal Impaler with the Kill-a-Watt effect for Soldier, a gift from a friend.

tumblr_n1gz3fCwAx1r4q7yco1_1280.jpg

May I buy that off you for my all class unusual Stormy Storm Towering Pillar of Hat? As well as all my trading cards?

I can add more if you want, i'm killing to part with almost my entire backpack for that beauty... (I pretty much only play solly) This is my dream unusual <3

Don't W+M1 as the pyro

and the holiday punch

The boston basher isn't terrible if you know how to use it.

It can help medics charge ubers and unless your meleeing with scout looks like 'AFJLAFSDLGNSDKNJK' then it's a good weapon.

You only need to know how to use it.

Ok, So any tips on how to be a good Medic?

Stay away from direct combat so you can be alive to heal your teamates

Heal durring the setup phase so you can build an uber faster

Heal people who need it most, a scout on 5 HP is a higher priority then a heavy at 250 HP

Give health buffs to people who will be in combat soon, like soldiers who are rocket jumping to the point

Be there for people to fall back on, unless you have an Uber you really shouldn't be pushing unless you know you can rely on your pocket

Ok, So any tips on how to be a good Medic?

1-Always make a quick spy-check before healing a heavy,soldier or demoman spies usually disguise as them because they know medics will most likely heal them, one of the best weapons to do so is the uber-saw, because if it's a spy you'll get a bit of ubercharge, which can be used to get a ubercharge more quickly.

2-Different medic guns can be useful for different sittuations, the regular medic gun is useless for capturing a point/inteligence(even though it can help by killing some enemies/sentry guns) and its best to use it to clean up engineer nests.The quick-fix is usefull to heal team mates faster, and to (if used on a faster target than the medic) allow the medic to get to the battle field faster. The Kritzkrieg is useless to destroy sentries as crits do nothing against them, its better to use them against other players.The vaccinator can be used to heal team mates faster, and to give them a bit of defense against fire,explosions or bullets.

3-The Solemn Vow is quite useful, IF you talk about the enemie's health using a mic, the time you'd spend typing would make you an easy target to the enemie.

4-Heal your team mates always you can, regardless if they are stronger classes or weaker classes, medics who only care about heavies or soldiers aren't that helpful.

5-When healing someone try to keep moving, or else you'll be an easy target to snipers and spies.

6- Now go practice some medicine!

uote name="Maximum124" post="422307" timestamp="1393781292"]Well policing peoples loadouts aren't really gonna win you any frienbeds, and assuming that people who use a particular wepon are bad at the game is gonna get you killed quick

Why does that demo have a sticky jumper and a caber? Surely he could have a more useful loadout!

Well in the time it took you to say that the demoman has landed on your head and blown you into tasty gibs and is flying off back to his respawn to do it again

Before this debate turns into an argument I'd just like to end it by saying this,

The dead ringer is not a good begginer weapon because if you use it before developing strategies with the other watches it will teach you bad habits that, upon use with the other watches will end up with you dead for real in a second

Also @Xjurwi as a general tip, if there are 2 or more of a class on a team, don't pick that class

I think someone mentioned it on Tumblr, one method of Spychecking is that Spies have a tendency to watch you. I started paying attention and yeah... they usually do.

As a Medic, you get a point for overhealing the entire team. This builds uber faster and a team of overhealed mercs is far more effective than just one. Turning on auto-call will improve your efficiency. As a general rule, I use the Ubercharge on offense, and Kritzkrieg on Defense. (This isn't to say they can't be effective when swapped, it's just 90% of the time you'll need the ubercharge to take down a sentry or six.)

You also can backpedal faster than most classes can go forward. Combined with your needlegun this can be an effective method at chasing off unwanted tails.

Communication is underrated and can make a team 10x more effective. Especially when it comes to Spies/Snipers. You might have saw the Sniper dot but maybe your patient didn't. (Scorch Shot is possibly the most hilarious anti-Sniper weapon I've come in possession with...)

I mostly play Medic and Sniper with a bit of Pyro and Engineering. If you need any class specific tips just let me know.

Also, LCRC (Left Click-Right Click) Demomen are the bane of my existence.

Archived