So, i made the (Un)Official pokemon thread, so I thought, why the heck not make the TF2 thread as well, I know i made a tf2 thread a while ago, but that was like, 27 hats ago (yes time is now measured in hats) so, to celebrate the opening of this thread, i'd like to ask you a question about the all important Hat Team Fortress 2

What is you're favorite Unusual effect?

Mine would have to be

post-287842-0-89201600-1393193235.png

Overclocked! I'm not sure where this one ranks in the whole scheme of things, but it's sure one of my favorites, I guess i just like the orange pixely effect it gives off, now if only i had a overclocked hat of cards

I don't really know all of the Unusual effects but I would have to say my dream Unusual has to be a Texas Slimdome Shine with the Sunbeams effect.

Or the Stately Steel Toe with Buzzing Flies. Either one of those two.

The only Unusual I own is an Infernal Impaler with the Kill-a-Watt effect for Soldier, a gift from a friend.

tumblr_n1gz3fCwAx1r4q7yco1_1280.jpg

Unusuals are overrated, too much real cash is needed if you wanna unbox one for yourself or buy one off another player

Id rather just get a normal hat and some paint maybe, I'm happy with most of my loadouts anyway and don't see how an unusual could add to it

Unusuals are overrated, too much real cash is needed if you wanna unbox one for yourself or buy one off another player

Id rather just get a normal hat and some paint maybe, I'm happy with most of my loadouts anyway and don't see how an unusual could add to it

An Engineer with a head so shiny it has beams coming off of it. Think about it.

There's a reason why it's my dream Unusual that I'll probably never get because I don't think the hatless hats comes in Unusual.

I don't really know all of the Unusual effects but I would have to say my dream Unusual has to be a Texas Slimdome Shine with the Sunbeams effect.

Or the Stately Steel Toe with Buzzing Flies. Either one of those two.

The only Unusual I own is an Infernal Impaler with the Kill-a-Watt effect for Soldier, a gift from a friend.

tumblr_n1gz3fCwAx1r4q7yco1_1280.jpg

You have an infernal impaler worth 333$, now, if you had 2, it would be perfect (for lord_battal that is)

I actually don't have any unusuals, but ill probably end up trading for one eventually, I mean, how hard can it be to trade from a homewrecker to a unusual?*

wouldn't the tiers of trading items go like, weapons -> tokens -> stranges -> strange parts -> hats -> bill's -> max's -> buds?

(Im not entirely familiar with the trading economy right now, but, considering how much free time I have lately, I can figure it out, and hopefully avoid getting sharked like my friend who sold a unusual bonk boy for a couple of craft hats and some weapons)

You have an infernal impaler worth 333$, now, if you had 2, it would be perfect (for lord_battal that is)

I actually don't have any unusuals, but ill probably end up trading for one eventually, I mean, how hard can it be to trade from a homewrecker to a unusual?*

wouldn't the tiers of trading items go like, weapons -> tokens -> stranges -> strange parts -> hats -> bill's -> max's -> buds?

(Im not entirely familiar with the trading economy right now, but, considering how much free time I have lately, I can figure it out, and hopefully avoid getting sharked like my friend who sold a unusual bonk boy for a couple of craft hats and some weapons)

There is also the commonly used metal trading, the various types of metal acting as currency for hats, miscs, stranges, ect...

There is also the commonly used metal trading, the various types of metal acting as currency for hats, miscs, stranges, ect...

Yea, but if you were solely trading up there would hardly be any point to using metals unless scrap/hat banking/crafting

Yea, but if you were solely trading up there would hardly be any point to using metals unless scrap/hat banking/crafting

I think the same could be said about money. What can you really do with money? Watch it burn if it's paper? Have it sit there and look pretty? You spend it, just as you would metal in TF2. Bartering is something completely different though.

Never cared for the hat trading if I'm honest. I prefer getting weapons.

I honestly don't either. I mean they're nice to have because I associate certain weapons with certain loadouts but that's all. Though admittedly, I have seen some pretty great themes, like a Heavy had the All Father (Painted Grey) and the Bad Toupee (also painted grey) with an Unusual Buzzing Flies to make a hobo Heavy.

I don't know what an Unusual is, but I will say I have been playing TF2 a lot more lately, and I love the Sniper.

Snipers a good class to play if you want to be damage dealing but away from the action, the only downside is that you need a really good aim

Snipers a good class to play if you want to be damage dealing but away from the action, the only downside is that you need a really good aim

I'd play sniper a lot more (it's like, my least played class) but I just don't have the accuracy to consistently hit headshots moving around, why do I suddenly have +32 aim whenever I go scout? I have no idea.

Archived