Getting Ready for Reign of Giants.

Bryce

• Developer
Hi everyone! As you now know, we’ve been working on a full expansion for Don’t Starve that you will be able to purchase for PC/Mac/Linux soon, with PS4 following shortly after. I expect many of you are hungry (heh) for information so I’m going to outline what we were trying to accomplish in the expansion, and start a discussion on what you can expect.

Our goal with Reign of Giants is to make a large chunk of content that is both meaningful and interesting. The new content touches all corners of the game, focused on adding content throughout the entire upper world of Don’t Starve. It includes new cycles, creatures, characters, craftables and biomes that will work together with the existing content of Don’t Starve to provide new challenges to overcome and new ways to adapt to these challenges. 

Don’t Starve has always been about the fun of learning and discovery -- applying your knowledge of the world when reacting to the many curve balls that it throws you; all while struggling to survive. We've taken that to the next level with Reign of Giants, layering on more challenges and systems that will interact with the existing content to provide many more scenarios to master. I’m being purposely vague on what Reign of Giants actually has in store for you, but I can tell you that it’s going to be big. And awesome. We have teasers, posters and more information that we will be releasing to tide your appetite as we continue development on Reign of Giants, so keep an eye on the forums. Speaking of posters, here’s one for you. Yay.

post-209228-0-92215500-1390416843_thumb.

It’s unquestionable that Don’t Starve is the game it is today because of the amazing feedback and community interaction, and we wouldn't have it any other way. That’s why we’re approaching the expansion in the same way as we did during the development of the game -- we will be providing the expansion at a discount for all people who are interested in an early look at the game. We’re currently looking at opening up an early Beta to those who really want to get involved as we build out content sometime next month. As always, we’ll be actively participating in the forums to make the content as great as it can be before fully releasing it to the world.

Thank you so much for your support! We love making games, and it’s a pleasure to do so in such a supportive community.

[We're] adding content throughout the entire upper world of Don’t Starve, includ[ing] new cycles, creatures, characters, craftables and biomes.

New biomes? Looks like I shouldn't get too attached to my current worlds. All things considered, I'm okay with turning over a new leaf (heh) for the sake of new content.

Looking forward to the finished product.

Im getting Keen on this quickly

1st new thing: New Trees Spotted Already.(Seems like an Autumn Biome)

The giants may be coming out in the dusk since We see the sun setting in the background and the Giant between the autumn style trees

(Should I get a new outfit, does this reply make my butt look fat?

Oh wait, you mean Klei Getting Ready for reign of Giants, don't you? 

And this reply will make people think I'm female [yet again,] when I'm still male, but couldn't resist the punnery.

But onto more serious  replying.)

I do look forward to play-testing this and certainly will be among its earlier purchasers!

Interesting, that look on Wilson's face sorta looks like something I'd see one of the characters make in a Dilbert comic strip or Adventure time cartoon. 

As for my anticipation...Deacon_Blue's Above Post expertly "said" it best!

(Should I get a new outfit, does this reply make my butt look fat?

Oh wait, you mean Klei Getting Ready for reign of Giants, don't you? 

And this reply will make people think I'm female [yet again,] when I'm still male, but couldn't resist the punnery.

But onto more serious  replying.)

I do look forward to play-testing this and certainly will be among its earlier purchasers!

Interesting, that look on Wilson's face sorta looks like something I'd see one of the characters make in a Dilbert comic strip or Adventure time cartoon. 

As for my anticipation...Deacon_Blue's Above Post expertly "said" it best!

Beg your Pardon but I thought that you are a girl from the begenning

Would just like to say. Left side of poster. That shadow doesn't look like a tree...definitely a claw and a some legs. The first giant, it would seem.

it's funny to me that you had to point it out to me for me to notice. needless to say I haven't participated in any of the puzzles.

Archived