The Violent Melting Pot (23rd's Roleplay)

23rd

(Currently in steno class, but I'll make a post that takes her from the story for an indefinite amount of time once I get home.

Yo, @the truthseeker, you double posted.. sort of. What do you call a double post within a single post? Probably some play on words about that thing where twins each other in the womb.)

Edited by 23rd

(Alright guys, I'll be straight with y'all. I really like how RainyDoodles' has been approaching everything both in-character and out, so I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and remove Elizabeth from the playing field instead of outright killing her.)

Maxwell raised a gaunt arm from his throne, wiping the sweat from his brow with icy fingers. He couldn't see where Wright, Celevoir and Whash had disappeared to, for as long as he could remember They had never let him see inside that village beyond the burnt trees. Losing sight of the only three that seemed to be able to keep a level head was extremely frustrating, even worrisome. Bony fingers clenched into fists as Maxwell shook his head, letting out an exasperated sigh towards the scene the other four had found themselves in.

It seemed like everyone around Claudius wound up dead. Velage had been chopped into pieces, and he could see that West and Elizabeth were clearly just about to. The map maker lacked common sense, and while he might've been great with positioning there was hardly anything he could've contributed against Maxwell's.. problem. Elizabeth, though.. Maxwell willed the picture to focus on the dead werepigs. He leaned forward, studying the deep cuts and marks she had left in the one she'd gotten her hands on. It would be a shame to lose such a loyal little follower so soon, especially one who could cause that level of damage when he needed her to. With a wave of his hand, the smoke around Maxwell dissipated.

-

Slender, shadowy fingers tugged at Claudius' ankles, worming their way through his armor. The gaseous digits moved easily through the cogs that made up parts of the English knight, each individual finger soon emerging from the slits along Claudius' own fingertips. The former knight got a grisly first-person perspective as the hands grabbed onto Elizabeth, wrapping around her and solidifying into a blackened cocoon. It bulged, thrashed and cracked before viscous black liquid began pouring out the front of it, disappearing into the soil below. When the cocoon broke apart moments later, it was empty.

-

Wright stretched his arms behind his head, resting his palms along the back of Celevoir's head when he felt comfortable. Not having to walk for the first time in.. ever.. was extremely nice, but it made him realize how exhausted he truly was. He was just glad it was still day, collapsing from exhaustion in the middle on the night was sure to doom him no matter who he was with. "Barren. Everything's burnt. Wait.. I can see something sticking out of the ground. Something brown."

After the three had spent enough time traveling through the countless stalks of stinking charcoal a sign that had been made from stumpwood showed in the distance, catching Wright's attention. He completely forgot about his exhaustion, leaping from Celevoir's back as he stumbled through the thick grass, slapping his palms against the top of the short sign, leaning down to read it.

"Welcome to Porcorum."

Edited by 23rd

Six slow hoots, that's how many left her beak as the large floating creature tried to read outloud the words on the sign before looking back over the village and the beings that seemed to scamper to and fro within it.

Without warning, something started nagging at the back of her head, something she felt she accidentally ignored when a newcomer decided to aggravate the bird enough to warrent a slap. It was enough to cause the creature to look around in all directions, trying to find what she may have missed.

Nearby her was Wright, the man she first met when she woke here, then the strange man that first spoke with an unusual language before one she could understand, and...

...wait a second, she had seen this person die, sliced up in painful ways.

Floating over toward the other ghost, she carefully gave him a poke to see if he was there, unsure of what to make of what she saw. This person looked alive, unharmed actually, and yet even she knew that couldn't be right...

Trying his best to ignore the shadowy creatures in the distance, Velage halfheartedly tried to peice his mind back together. Sadly, most of the methods he thought of required him to either be alive or able to speak to others. Perhaps his newfound power could allow him to leech off the sanity of the living. Reaching out and touching a black, furry creature, he hoped it wasn't as insane as him. It was, at least partially, But the shadows skulking around only faded the slightest amount. Velage watched with a somewhat demented smile as the creature's mind crumbled and it saw the monstrosities that were walking around the two of him and started scurrying away as fast as it could. Velage stopped. Was this what he was coming to? And then almost eerily, a voice appeared in his head, saying, "Oui." Velage was terrified. He just wanted it to stop. Hastily looking around, he saw a patch of flowers in a nearby pig village. he limped towards them. Watching the shadows close in on him, Velage knew what to do. He had to frolic. As he skipped through it, he couldn't help but feel extremely embarrassed. Though as he plucked every flower, freaking out some nearby pigmen, the voices in his head faded, and the shadows stopped advancing on him. Velage stopped, hoping to keep most of his masculinity intact. Walking back to his previous location, Velage suddenly got poked in the back, and felt his mental state quickly funneling into the other bird. Luckily,Velage quickly jumped back before any real damage. Yelling "Gyaaah! Zut alors! Tu dois ne touche pas!1". Remembering the bird's English tounge, he calmed down and said, "Please. Don't bump into me while I'm in this state. I'd advise against it."

1=You must not touch!

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

The moment that the shadows entered Claudius's armor, it felt as if time stood still for the knight. His hand quavered, and his vision went blank. He could see pure whiteness, which melted into two familiar faces; Claudius's dead parents. Killed by his own hand, the knight was forced to kill them when they had their souls stolen by Shatter. Claudius felt like screaming in rage, but he couldn't move a muscle. Friendly faces flashed before him, friends, brothers, cousins, uncles, things that reminded him of the life he used to lead. It was blissfully oblivious, the way he used to live. Not knowing that there was such a villain in the world. He'd been surrounded by happiness. Until that... That thing ruined it all. Claudius refrained from calling Shatter a man. No man would do such a thing. Hatred piled up inside him, and his vision melted back to darkness.

This time, Claudius really did shout in rage. It sounded somewhat inhuman, entangled with grief and sorrow, anger and insanity. Shatter's mocking face clouded his vision. The villain's laugh rang through the knight's ears. Claudius tried to blink the visions away, but only saw Shatter standing before him, gazing at the knight with a horrible grin. Only this time, Claudius had his blade pressed against the shadowy mage's throat. With another roar, Claudius sliced right through Shatter's neck... Beheading West. The vision completely cleared as West's head dropped to the floor, and Claudius sank to a knee. The full impact of what he had done was upon him now.

(This is turning out to be a bigger disaster than the time I ate that oleaster. I've lost count of how many people don't post, but Truth doing it surprises me most. It's honestly got me quite pissed, don't know how many times I've had to insist..

What do you guys think I should do? Is there anyway to see this roleplay through? I've been passing the time by writing stories, but I wanted this to be among my biggest glories. If it's so hard to keep up the decorum I'm beginning to think this doesn't need to be on the forum.. anymore.)

Edited by 23rd
  • Like 1

(Wait... Hold the phone...

(This is turning out to be a bigger disaster than the time I ate that oleaster. I've lost count of how many people don't post, but Truth doing it surprises me most. It's honestly got me quite pissed, don't know how many times I've had to insist..

What do you guys think I should do? Is there anyway to see this roleplay through? I've been passing the time by writing stories, but I wanted this to be among my biggest glories. If it's so hard to keep up the decorum I'm beginning to think this doesn't need to be on the forum.. anymore.)

just noticed that this is all in rhyme. Well done sir. *applause*

• Like 1

(West is dead and Elizabeth's been taken by the shadows so as to to remove Rainy without killing the character in case she returns, but nothing's happened around Wright/Whash/Celevoir since your last post. Your last post is still a double, by the way.)

Edited by 23rd

(I want to accept you, assuming your character sheet is as funkadocious as I expect it'll be, but the past two weeks in this thread have been very frustrating for me and I just want to power through to an event I've been trying to get to for a long while now. Once the next night passes I'll be willing to accept new characters again.)

(You are.)

"Excuse me, do you speak English? That is, assuming you are real and not something my mind is making up right now.

My name is Whash of the Ona, but please just call me Whash.

I was wondering if you could describe my surroundings, because it seems I have lost my mind and am seeing hallucinations. Could you tell me where we are right now?"

(What was the response?)

(What was the response?)

(..wow, I can't believe I didn't post one before, I guess I was too into the Maxwell part and not enough into the Wright. That's extremely careless of me.

I edited it to "Barren. Everything's burnt. Wait.. I can see something sticking out of the ground. Something brown.")

Whash saw what the man described, and even in is most fevered dreams, he'd never dream a burnt, barren place with a signpost for...what was that name again...

Porcorum.

See, if I can't even remember the name, how am I imagining this? I'm sure no good will come out of asking this, but I need answers what the f[CENSORED] is going on here?!

"I'm sorry, I don't understand--what is this place, where are we exactly? This certainly isn't any part of Argentina or South America for that matter. And if I'm not simply mad, that means knights, monster ladies pig monsters and human bird beings are real..."

Whash tried to hold onto the shock not overtaking him as it hits him seeing the impossible suddenly be real and not a dream or hallucination. 

Edited by the truthseeker

(Name: Holit "Ilinolous" Boroso (Black Plague Doctor)

Former Country: United Kingdom

Time Period: 14th Century

Appearance

His skin the color of ivory, he has a very pale complexion from staying inside most of his life. The veins in his head just barely visible, he has the look of a worn, old man, despite actually being a young doctor. The round, cloudy spectacles that he wears makes him look slightly ridiculous, along with his wavy, tanned leather coat. However, when he dons the rusted, beak-shaped mask, the leather gloves and wide-brimmed hat, he looks menacing, his appearance the sheer definition of death by disease. He dons a belt with indentations for holding stained vials of herbs, straw, and other botanical ingredients, although that isn't to say that he uses only plants; some of the vials contain leeches suspended in water, liquid diluted with poison, and other strange medicines.

Personality

Like any young adult, he is very passionate in his work. His mind flexible in situations, he's a quick thinker in most stuations, though knowledge beyond his understanding merely befuddle him. A healthy dose of pride rising and waning within him, he's slightly arrogant when it comes to medicine, and his arrogance can lead to injury and pain.

Backstory

The plague was spreading. Neither churches nor doctors could stop the disease from killing millions of innocent people. Rebellion and distrust against higher officials was slowly poisoning the citizens, and they refused medications or blessings, killing themselves in the process. Nothing seemed to work, and the ailment were claiming the doctors as well. In times of death, one would be so desperate as to blindly accept useless talismans, murky liquids, and other pointless creations. Even doctors would discreetly barter for these items, with disastrous results. Holit, however, was hardier in enduring the lies of these tools, and did his best in curing the infected. Days have passed, however, and his treatments did nothing. As robust he was, Holit succumbed to the temptation of these items, and bought a strange, milky sap from one of the merchants peddling on the street corner.. (As usual, more shall be revealed as the story progresses.)

Abilities

Medical Immunity

As he was exposed to medical ailments as a child, he has developed immunities to infection, ailments, disease, and of the like. In the case that he does get ill, he usually get well in a short amount of time. However, he is also drastically more susceptible to foriegn diseases.

Medicine Knowledge

While his methods might be centuries old, with proper teachings, someone could teach him to create medicines with the plants that he carries. Unfortunately, he also has a tendancy to accidentally mix medicines together and confuse them; this can lead to disasters and improper drugs.

Sidenotes: He has many spare lenses for his glasses, as he is virtually blind without his spectacles. Of course, he has to take them off when he wears his mask, but he fixed the problem by replacing the openings in the mask with his lenses. He has a peculiar staff with a bird topped with an hourglass.

This is terrible. Kill me.)

Edited by Pecival

(Depends on what type of leaves it is. Bayleef? Aloe socotrina? He's tempted by stuff like that.

Edit: If you are having trouble visualizing the mask and clothing...well, look at this.

classic%2Bversus%2Briveted.jpg

I didn't know how to describe it, other then a beak-like mask.)

Edited by Pecival