The Violent Melting Pot (23rd's Roleplay)

23rd

(>:/, you know, I'm surprised you're still IN this RP with the number of times you've wound up powerplaying or godmodding, and you aren't even the GM of this thread. My own patience is close to nil with that now.)

Edited by Tesability

(Come on, let me just have this one. I like the pun my character made.)

(Puns < Story Arcs. If West can see him it would be a lot simpler, and I wouldn't be able to have fun experimenting with subtlety and have Velage slowly turn mad/evil.) Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

(I'll just rewrite the post.)

"You know what? I don't care how in denial you are. You can stay in this state for as long as you want, but inside, you're barely human. You should at least have the guts to admit that you're lying." West says to Claudius. "Now, on that note, let's get to introductions shall we?" West says, oddly cheerfully. "You, I don't care." He says, pointing at Claudius. "You, I also don't care." He repeats, pointing at the crazy English woman. "You, I assume you can't talk." Then, pointing at Velage, then Wright, and then Whash "And you, you, and you I'm actually asking." West says. West gets the feeling that this specific group of people isn't going to like him. He could care less though. "Oh, and before I forget, this is a magic compass." He says, pulling out his compass. "I would explain, but this is likely the least strangest thing you've seen today." West looks at Velage again. He notices Velage looks quite a bit like West himself. Then he notices Velage looks somewhat pale and translucent. "What... what are you?" (By the way, Kidney, everyone thinks West is insane, and I'm pretty sure most of them hate him anyway.)

Edited by spiritcrusher77

(Another thing I just realized wasn't brought up to Spirit, there are zero trees in this world. All of them are either stumps or.. well..)

Wright wanted to address something about what was happening around him, but when you've spent uncountable weeks as a lone wanderer and you're suddenly thrust into a group of unfamiliar and impossible faces you can develop one hell of a migraine. It was too much, and he didn't want to deal with it. In a quick moment of judgement he realized there was only one person who seemed to be treating this strange situation with the gravity it deserved, sitting silently in grass adornments. Wright tapped Whash's shoulder, motioning towards the savanna in the distance and walking away from the hectic group in the midst of their turmoils. He didn't bother looking back, preferring to travel in silence and nurse his growing migraine.

Wright must have been walking for a good ten minutes when he stumbles across the piece of parchments caught in the grass. He grabbed it without thinking, feet working on auto-pilot as he walked and read. Beast responsible for everything.. hairs of oak.. wait, talking pigs? Wright found this relic more confusing than foreboding. Looking up, he could see a forest in the distance. Well, the remains of a forest. Unlike the grasslands where he had come from, none of those trees ahead were stumps. Instead, there were hundreds of what he assumed used to be evergreens, burnt and blackened by a massive fire that must have happened sometime in the past.

Natural disasters seemed to be everywhere these days. Maybe he was still on the Twin Islands of Antigua and Barbuda. With a travel-weary sigh, Wright headed towards the decimated forest in the distance, the sun's rays heavy on his back.

Edited by 23rd

(Another thing I just realized wasn't brought up to Spirit, there are zero trees in this world. All of them are either stumps or.. well..)

Wright wanted to address something about what was happening around him, but when you've spent uncountable weeks as a lone wanderer and you're suddenly thrust into a group of unfamiliar and impossible faces you can develop one hell of a migraine. It was too much, and he didn't want to deal with it. In a quick moment of judgement he realized there was only one person who seemed to be treating this strange situation with the gravity it deserved, sitting silently in grass adornments. Wright tapped Whash's shoulder, motioning towards the savanna in the distance and walking away from the hectic group in the midst of their turmoils. He didn't bother looking back, preferring to travel in silence and nurse his growing migraine.

Wright must have been walking for a good ten minutes when he stumbles across the piece of parchments caught in the grass. He grabbed it without thinking, feet working on auto-pilot as he walked and read. Beast responsible for everything.. hairs of oak.. wait, talking pigs? Wright found this relic more confusing than foreboding. Looking up, he could see a forest in the distance. Well, the remains of a forest. Unlike the grasslands where he had come from, none of those trees ahead were stumps. Instead, there were hundreds of what he assumed used to be evergreens, burnt and blackened by a massive fire that must have happened sometime in the past.

Natural disasters seemed to be everywhere these days. Maybe he was still on the Twin Islands of Antigua and Barbuda. With a travel-weary sigh, Wright headed towards the decimated forest in the distance, the sun's rays heavy on his back.

(I'll wait my posting turn for the narrative, but considering he just felt somebody physically tap him on the shoulder when he didn't think about that idea, I'll confirm he'll decide that Wright is "real" and follow him.) 

(Admittedly not my best work...)

The bird has had it.

In mid-air did the big bird turn around, giving a slight effort to give the grating compass-wielder a slap in the face with a tail-leaf as she floated after Wright.

She gave a couple of chirps toward the wonderer before deciding to give his legs a rest by sliding under him, legs around her head and neck as she began a low flight.

(This is probably the worst day of Velage's life so far.)

Velage was confused. The bird ignored him

completely. Though, in fairness, it was childish to think he had telepathy, even though he was a ghost. Looking at the man holding a compass, Velage saw that he was staring intently and talking to the empty space 3 feet to Velage's right. Hoping this man would respond if he joined one of the assumed countless voices in his brain, Velage walked up and tapped him on the shoulder. Suddenly, Velage's mind started deteriorating at a frantic rate. Frozen with fear, Velage was unable to do anything as his mind lost clarity and he began to see shadowy creatures pop up around him.The connection finally broke as the bird slapped the man in the face, knocking Velage onto the ground. Struggling to concentrate, Velage got up and limped away, looking for a place to restore the state of his now-deteriorated mind.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

(Ya know, West, Claudius doesn't like you. And generally it's not a good idea to anger a man covered in armor holding a huge sword.)

Claudius, having disposed of the last hairy beast, Whirls around to face West, bringing his blade mere centimeters from the man's neck. Annoyance sparks in his eyes, and he glares at West. "You test my patience, boy. And it is not wise to do so." Light glints on Claudius's sword, which is still bloody from the previous battle. "I would have no trouble taking your life. You say you do not care for who I am. I see you are quite rude." Claudius's grip on his blade tightens. "I am Claudius, highest guard of King David III. Who are you?" Claudius nearly spits the words out.

(Dang. Claudius be really mad. I mean, reaaaally mad.)

(Ahh, lessee, Whash is "following" his so-called "confirmed" reality . Since it was a page ago, allow me to requote: )

(I'll wait my posting turn for the narrative, but considering he just felt somebody physically tap him on the shoulder when he didn't think about that idea, I'll confirm he'll decide that Wright is "real" and follow him.)

Whash followed this similar-looking human male.

Hell, he was happy it was somebody who didn't look centuries out of date, like a monster, or like...no, he only thought he heard whirring; the sound wasn't there when his shoulder was tapped.

It was another good reason to leave that bickering hallucination--or whatever part of it was real and whatever part of it was his mind "attempting to cope from his escape." 

Get a hold of yourself man!

Look what you were thinking:

Somehow, in one of the worst frontiers of the world--where you are "sentenced" for being a dying race the government is too embarrassed to admit killing off--you find a radio that talks only to you,  which helps you construct a magical door and only you show up--with your imprisoned brother-in-captivity nowhere to be found--and now you're seeing Victorian ladies with monster hands, knights with machine sounds, flying gods, and (oh yeah,) man-bear-pigs things that are trying to kill you all! 

He wasn't familiar with psychology and had no idea if this was a bad thing to do or not, but he decided to "confront" this madness, seeing what his mind was (at least the remaining sane part) trying to understand. And if he were truly insane and had no chance of distinguishing reality from fantasy while "awake," it was a hell of a story so far....

Wash attempted to speak to the man (Wright) who "guided" him from that mess. Since he had no idea (assuming he was real,) what language he would primarily speak, he went with the most spoken language used in different areas around the world (thanks to the colonization hell that eventually put his race in the doom it was in) English:

"Excuse me, do you speak English? That is, assuming you are real and not something my mind is making up right now.

My name is Whash of the Ona, but please just call me Whash.

I was wondering if you could describe my surroundings, because it seems I have lost my mind and am seeing hallucinations. Could you tell me where we are right now?"

Edited by the truthseeker

(The altercation in The Great Roleplay Experiment has left an extremely bitter taste in my mouth, and I don't want to have to deal with this when West has become an integral part of the story. Spirit, consider yourself out; I'm removing your character from the list. Please don't make any further in-character posts in this thread.)

Edited by 23rd

(I would've rather we just went on like he had never existed altogether, but if you want to use his death as an opportunity to forward the aggressive and combative characterization of Claudius' you're more than welcome to.)

(Well... Eh. I was just worried that it was to late to completely delete West, so I thought we would have to dispose of him, and as Claudius had his blade pressed against his neck, it would have been simple. But I'm pretty sure that's not something Claud would do. Not without just cause, anyway.)

(I would go and say a slip of the fingers could wind up creating a very interesting, emotional character arc for Claudius in which he rethinks his brash ways, deciding how he feels about the man he's become after some deep soul searching. That's not my decision, though. You two should work out what's going to happen in PMs because it sounds like you have some very intense ideas for how this could contribute to the overall story.)