I like robots and scientists {art thread} requests welcome!

Well, I've primarily hung out on tumblr, so I thought it'd be appropriate to appear on the forums. I've made some art before, and I'd like to show it to the good people here on the Klei forums.

tumblr_mt3pusFkSJ1s66z7ko1_r1_400.png

tumblr_mugu1eNowC1s66z7ko2_500.png

Some of the art pieces that I'm proud of.

And a few sketchy pieces I've made that I like as well.

tumblr_mu0kqpN0uq1s66z7ko1_1280.png

tumblr_inline_mtxaqzP9Vh1rg6bxb.png

tumblr_muc76xsvWb1s66z7ko1_500.png

• Like 5

Hi, I have a request. It's a bit gruesome and has an abundance of small details, but if you're willing to draw it I would really love an illustration of this scene from one of my short stories. Since you said you liked robots I thought this would peak your interest.

Just then the creature stood upright and clawed at its own chest. As the black fur peeled away Wilson could see gears that stuck out unnaturally against the flesh. A scar inside the beast's belly opened, but no blood poured out. Instead he got a full view of its inner workings. Intestine had been chopped off in some places, replaced with bits of frayed wire jammed into seemingly random openings in the spleen and liver. Ribs were incomplete, cracked, the missing bone replaced with wooden prosthetics. The beast's heart had been completely removed, a purple gem crammed in its place. Dark tendrils seemed to hold everything in place where the modifications had been made, and instead of a heartbeat the gem radiated purple light that ran through the veins and disappeared deeper into the Beardlord's body.

Edited by 23rd
  • Like 1

tumblr_mz670nHSOy1rtsawjo1_500.png

{{ The request asked by @23rd }}

{{ A half nightmare machine/ bunnyman abomination}}

{{ I haven't completed the beardlord half, as I was planning on painting both bunnyman and beardlord, but I thought you guys would like to see what I've got. I hope you like what I've done so far, and I appreciate any honest feedback!}}

• Like 4

Oh. My. God. I LOVE IT! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! You even got the whole "only one eye still works" thing! You've gone beyond doing it justice with this, you really blew me away! God I wish I had something more to give you than just babbling praise, but I'm so amazed and excited to see this pop up in my notifications that I can hardly think straight.

The way it's drawn kind of reminds me of those hellish pictures from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, and that's perfect. I'm adding a link to this at the bottom of that story and telling people they need to come give this thread all their love, because they do and anyone who says otherwise can go get punched in the face.

Edited by 23rd
  • Like 1

Heya @Quiet Jokester, I hope you've had a great start to the new year! I just wanted to chime in to your art thread to let you know that we've featured it on the official Don't Starve site as our fan art spotlight for this week!

Thanks so much for sharing your art with us! I think the community enjoys looking forward to your Don't Starve fan art as well.

• Like 1