Coal Generator IGNORED By Auto Sweeper

felix920506
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Auto sweeper ignores coal generators

Steps to Reproduce
1.build an auto sweeper 2.build a coal generator within range of the auto sweeper 3.build a storage compactor within range of the auto sweeper and set it to only store coal 4.set the coal generator to a higher priority than the storage compactor 5.connect the auto sweeper, the coal generator and a battery together as well as a power source to kick things off
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

I don’t feel like creating a separate topic for something minor yet similar; autosweepers also ignore the aerial creature lure. :frown-new:

Share this comment

On 2018/4/23 at 3:51 AM, TehPlayer14 said:

Also remember about priority

the storage compactor is set to 7 and the coal generator is set to 9

Share this comment

I tried a very similar setup as Felix and also ran into the same problem. When googling I found this bug report. I just wanted to agree that this seems not to be working (at least how I would expect it to work)

Share this comment

+1

Receptacle priority 1, generator priority 8, sweeper is powered, conveyor full of coal, generators empty.

20180516012909_1.jpg

Share this comment

I would also like to add agreement to this issue. Even with correct priorities, the sweeper, in a setup like that in the screenshot from unixanalyst, doesn't behave as expected. It WILL fill up the generators, it isn't entirely ignored...but it only occasionally fills them completely, and it doesn't always fill them at all.

Share this comment

I can still confirm this problem. Sometimes the auto sweeper even puts coal out of the storage compactor and then back in..

In my oppinion this is quite a significant bug because it disables coal power completely from reliable automation. It would be great if this gets fixed soon. But the bug report is now already 3 months old :/

Share this comment

It looks like this is a problem, if the coal generator is connected to an automation grid. Apparently the sweeper does not get triggered to start working, if the generator gets enabled.

As a work-around I also connected the sweeper to the automation grid and it seems to work so far.

Unbenannt.png

Share this comment

This bug appears to me lastly. Coal generator threshold set to 50%, enalbed by smart batteries, conveyor receptacle full of coal, priority 4 for receptacle, 6 for coal gen, everything powered. The sweeper do not move the coal from receptacle to gen. Neither dups, they do not charge the gen.

I tried to move to threshold from 50% to 100% and the sweeper filled the gen, once, then it never fills it again.

The reload doesn't solve my issue. It just allows sweeper to fill again the gen if threshold manually set to 100%.

I am in live branch.

My friend also has a nearly similar issue. He's in updated preview branch.

Still tiny base, 2 circuits each one powered by 2 coals gen. Each coal gen is set to priority 9, and no one's supplying the gen. He has to put them in red alert to force dups to supply.

However, since I do not have preview branch, I cannot check his setup. But mine, definitely, was clearly functionnal.

Here it is, both sav. The tiny one is from my friend (preview), the bigger is mine (live branch, so MK2).OxCD's Factory.sav

Cachot spatial Invincible.sav

Share this comment

Problem confirmed.
Generators set to priority 9, requesting fuel at 100%, Storage bin set to 6, Receptacle set to 5.
Sweepers are "Always on" (No logic) and will move coal from Receptacle or floor to bin, but will never fuel Generators.
Dupes only intermittently feed generators.
image.thumb.png.818f6290959babea6ceb2b4152fbdf1a.png

Icy Death.sav

Share this comment

Hello everyone, has there been a fix already for this issue? I am having a set-up very similar to the ones you are showing here and I can only get to fill 2 generators out of the 7 I have installed and reachable by the autosweeper. Is there an ETA for fixing this bug? Thanks!

Share this comment

On 1/5/2020 at 6:33 PM, OzmAleX said:

Hello everyone, has there been a fix already for this issue? I am having a set-up very similar to the ones you are showing here and I can only get to fill 2 generators out of the 7 I have installed and reachable by the autosweeper. Is there an ETA for fixing this bug? Thanks!

Just rebuild everything in new save and it start working again.

I update the main game and get a lot of problems with old mods. So i have to reinstall mods one by one until i could finally start old save and get this problem with sweepers and coal generators. New save + reload wont work. Disable/enable wont work. Rebuild sweeper wont work. Rebuild coal generator on the same place + new sweeper working fine. 

In the process I also close access to the room, sometimes duplicants intercept priority from sweepers and run across the map to push some more coal.. ridicules. 

Share this comment

:( So I just tried a setup like this to solve problems I noted with coal generators in another thread where the supply errand would be removed as soon as the automation input received a red signal. Seems coal generators are just unworkable right now.

Share this comment

This is still an issue, any response on if this is fixable considering they are preparing a very large expansion of DLC this year?  I want to like Coal power again.  I lost hours of my life thinking I was just being obtuse and couldn't figure out the logic before I discovered this is an extremely widely known issue for two years now.

Share this comment

Not only coal power as described above. I also hooked up an auto-sweeper to a wattage sensor in a ghetto cooling room with phosphorite and Wheeze Worts and it no longer supplies fertilizer. Of note, I also have the same problem with the coal generators. It seems auto-sweepers HATE any kind of automation.

Shack Attack.sav

Share this comment

Hi there,

is there any update on this bug? It still happens for me. Save & Exit & Reload did not fix the situation. Setting coal threshold to 100% only helped for one of three generators.

Game version:U41-496912-V
Coordinates: SNDST-A-1914965991-0 (but happens for other save games as well)
Operating system: Windows 10 / Linux Mint 20.3

If you need any other details, please let me know.

Share this comment

Issue still not fixed in 2023... that's more than 5 years already .. major bug that's affecting a lot of users. that's not a high priority I assume?

edit: typos

Edited by Blossomed

Share this comment