All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

this is why we cant have nice things
  3. Don't Starve has been "learned" at this point, the two options are either: Make currently available content much more difficult. Or add more SURVIVAL challenges you have to prepare for and deal with. Obviously they don't know how to accomplish these things without interrupting the new player experience, and the 'casual' audience they have created out of thin air simply by making the game multiplayer. Klei has instead chosen to add pointless optional content, which is only difficult when you choose to engage with it. You know what Reign of Giants did? It added 2 new seasons, bosses, and mechanics that you could NOT avoid having to deal with. The only time Klei have attempted this in DST is with disease, a laughable mechanic that requires no effort and poses no threat. Simple tweaks to armor or weapons and basic items/numbers is NOT enough. The game needs better challenges, or emergent threats that you cannot fully predict if it's going to satisfy a lot of veteran fans. I just think its a bit... unfair that they have chosen to cater to a demographic that Klei CREATED out of thin air, rather than catering to the people who first supported the series and fell in love with it because it was a niche hardcore title.
  4. That's a good point. I remember back when I expected 2% but wasn't getting it. It confused me. It's true. Meat can be converted to just about anything in one way or another.
  5. In fact it offers more protection; however, the cost could be reduced to only 1 pig skins
  6. The Nameless Island idea, while interesting, was a tad too big to chew (and still is to an extent.) In other words, it was too large scale to put on our plate. Don't be discouraged, the whole reason the mod collab project exists is to have everyone involved. So get in this server, god dammit.
  7. so as wood and grass, probably easier to get.
  8. Thanks Canis, but after the failure of my idea of the nameless island I moved away from the project. I have the feeling of not being what you are looking for
  9. pig skin are overflowing in the world
  10. 2 pig skin is kinda expensive considering log suit exists i would like to have every mobs atk damage lowered overall and have armors durability and asorbtion more diverse
  11. You have explained very well, but you have the wrong interlocutor. For him DST is perfect, every suggestion or criticism even to the most obvious deficiencies is something idiotic and meaningless. Don't waste any more time on a sterile discussion
  12. In a very difficult mode you can even disable armors, of course. We go by degrees; but I do not exclude anything. I had also considered an "impossible" mode where the player has only 1 health point.
  13. I thought that “veterans” don’t need armor since they’re so good at kiting and thusly never get hit.
  14. Those days should have 10 times the hours. Also GF, you didn't put wife agro.
  15. Hmmm, I would suggest disabling mods once again and verifying your game files, as the sound related issue was fixed back then, this seems to be another issue, but given that I haven't seen any other reports of it I'd suspect it's still mods. If it still happens without mods and with game files verified please report back.
  16. [Minespatch] Catawampus cartoon corner

How to Thomas your dragon. I tried drawing Mr. Axy Dent from memory but it turned out wrong.
  17. It would be cool if one of the mobs (spider maybe) had a much higher level of A.I., coordinated unprovoked attacks on player bases, etc. and the ability to roam far away from their nests.
  18. ..and base is not a total mess... I even managed to start working towards mid game goals at the end (getting atmo-suits, working my way up towards the surface to grab the steal up in the building there and planning a route down to get oil for plastic. After that I think it will be working on a volcano becasue a lot fo dupes are stuck in hamster wheel right now since I am going for super sustainable too. I did pick the map using [https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/](https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/) not to make carnivore easier but to get hydrogen vent since I haven't had one in a single play-through yet. Main tactic was hard prioritize stables.Making temporary ones. They are not as good as late game fully automated stables but most of the eggs will at least drop through and won't have to be manually cleaned out. For some reason I started with 1 hatch I found when digging despite the map being arboria. I also got 3 hatch eggs not to faar in and a lot later on shove vole eggs I did re-load a couple of the really early printing pods because getting something you can use or not first 3 or 4 prints makes such a difference that you might as well re-start if you get crap the first prints. Screenshotsincluded
  19. [Minespatch] Apophenia Art

@JanH mind explaining what you told me so the confusion can be cleared up? Inspired by the Felix Colgrave short HONK, I wanted to redraw a frame and replace the two kids with Wendy and Webber.
  20. In DST the armor protects well, and protects a lot. Having even a straw armor makes the difference. In a difficult mode I would reduce every defense percentage by half: Tier 1 (straw armor): 33% defense. Tier 2 (wooden armor): 60% defense. Light Tier 3 (thulecite armor): 80% defense. Heavy Tier 3 (marble armor / nightmare): 90% defense. Even this small change would make any battle more hostile.
  21. Today
  22. I've said it on youtube and will reiterate here : I really enjoy the way you present your content, very concise, clear, yet complete. Good stuff, make more please :>
  23. Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

Why are you teaching us lesson four on the DST forums?
  24. I really like the idea; playing some sort of football player sounds fun.
  25. why did you join the klei forums?

Can't recall what got me to make my first account, but... Initially started lurking due to trying to find information on the old multiplayer mod that was in the works by a community member with a dragon icon and some name involving a Y and a V that I just can't recall. This being back in the time that the response to any 'Can Don't Starve to be multiplayer ples?' thread, even on Steam, was a swift boot to the head and yeeting said thread into the abyss of lockedness. My, how times change.
  1. Load more activity