Anyone remember?

So does anyone remember when in 2016 Klei casually released Winter's Feast Eve aniamtion with characters singling like it wasn't anything speical?

Now I know that these voices weren't confirmed canon but what about actually releasing canon voices one day?

Let's all hope that leaky Ancient Gateway is a teaser for permament content not 3rd event. Because that could really expand ds/t lore as well as be a great opportunity for new (serious) aniamtion where we could hear canon voices

I think part of DS/T's charm is that characters are voiced by various instruments.

That, and It would also be a lot of work to do something like this. There's a lot of dialogue that would need to be voiced for each character, not to mention the various different languages would require their own voice actors as well. So it could get costly too.

7 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think part of DS/T's charm is that characters are voiced by various instruments.

That, and It would also be a lot of work to do something like this. There's a lot of dialogue that would need to be voiced for each character, not to mention the various different languages would require their own voice actors as well. So it could get costly too.

No, no, no. You guys didn't understand me right.

I meant Klei releasing serious animation after for example new content is going to be meeting Them.

In that animation (on yt not in game cutscene) characters would get official voices.

Of course in game they should still speak in instruments- as Fang said that's part of the charm

10 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I meant Klei releasing serious animation after for example new content is going to be meeting Them.

In that animation (on yt not in game cutscene) characters would get official voices.

Of course in game they should still speak in instruments- as Fang said that's part of the charm

Sounds good to me. Tho at first i taught it was gonna be a little immersion breaking if i could call it that , but now that i think about it its not a bad idea. Tho it will require some funds on Klei's side.

14 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I think it would feel a little weird to do that so late in the game's life. In all these trailers and animations we hear their ingame voice, then out of nowhere, we get an animation when they begin speaking an actual language. I remember having some very mixed feelings when I first saw the Winter's Feast animation. If they went down this route It would certainly take some getting used to, that's for sure. But I feel like the animations are also part of the game's charm, and should follow the game's aesthetic choices as close as possible.

11 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think it would feel a little weird to do that so late in the game's life. In all these trailers and animations we hear their ingame voice, then out of nowhere, we get an animation when they begin speaking an actual language. I remember having some very mixed feelings when I first saw the Winter's Feast animation. If they went down this route It would certainly take some getting used to, that's for sure. But I feel like the animations are also part of the game's charm, and should follow the game's aesthetic choices as close as possible.

devs do something cute and fun for winter time... people complaint cuz not perfectly aligned with "the game's aesthetic choices" ...

geez... let the peeps have some fun u guys... no need to be so uptight xD

4 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

devs do something cute and fun for winter time... people complaint cuz not perfectly aligned with "the game's aesthetic choices" ...

geez... let the peeps have some fun u guys... no need to be so uptight xD

3 hours ago, Tapirus said:

The video was made for fun (as The Beefalo Song), so, complain about "the game's aesthetic" on this: is pointless (and bit rude).

You guys are missing the point here. I'm not complaining about the specific video itself. I'm just saying that having the characters voiced in every animation would feel strange.

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

You guys are missing the point here. I'm not complaining about the specific video itself. I'm just saying that having the characters voiced in every animation would feel strange.

Ah ok, I understand now.

4 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Again...

I don't want them to start speking normal language in every animation.

Just 1 serious animation, so that we could simply know that canon voices exist

Why do you keep thinking that I want this to be permament

9 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

In all these trailers and animations we hear their ingame voice, then out of nowhere, we get an animation when they begin speaking an actual language. I remember having some very mixed feelings when I first saw the Winter's Feast animation...............

But I feel like the animations are also part of the game's charm, and should follow the game's aesthetic choices as close as possible.

???? u were refering to the video..... pls be consistent at least xD

"You guys are missing the point here. I'm not complaining about the specific video itself. I'm just saying that having the characters voiced in every animation would feel strange."

here???

i remember the devs said this was just for fun non cannonical voiced when the video released... 

when I saw the lyrics I was one of the first to jump right in and actually sang the song with the musical arrangements someone kindly made for us. (check my fairy name :P)

Never, ever worried about cannon about the song.. I simply thought... hey.. this is so cute and thoughtful and so fun... not like "omg this is not cannon... how should i feel about it? reee!" xD

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

???? u were refering to the video..... pls be consistent at least xD

"You guys are missing the point here. I'm not complaining about the specific video itself. I'm just saying that having the characters voiced in every animation would feel strange."

here???

i remember the devs said this was just for fun non cannonical voiced when the video released... 

when I saw the lyrics I was one of the first to jump right in and actually sang the song with the musical arrangements someone kindly made for us. (check my fairy name :P)

Never, ever worried about cannon about the song.. I simply thought... hey.. this is so cute and thoughtful and so fun... not like "omg this is not cannon... how should i feel about it? reee!" xD

Context is key. Admittedly, it has been a bit confusing all-round, and possibly poor phrasing on my part. I did refer to the Winter's Feast video once, yes, but I was mostly referring to the future possibility of canonical videos being voiced. The Winter's Feast video is fun and all, but voiced videos aren't something I'd personally be fond of. The original purpose of the topic was asking for opinions on the idea after all...

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Again...

I don't want them to start speking normal language in every animation.

Just 1 serious animation, so that we could simply know that canon voices exist

Why do you keep thinking that I want this to be permament

My apologies. It sounded to me like you wanted it to become a permanent thing. Yet another misinterpretation on my part.

I'll uhhhh... I'll just go crawl back into the shadows now. At this point all I'm doing is just making a huge mess of your thread. Seems like that's the only thing I'm capable of doing these days...

@FreyaMaluk If you wish to continue the conversation, PM me. Although I'd rather we just accept it as a big blunder on my part and move on...

So now I hope that we have all misunderstandings out of the way.

So what I want exactly is: 

A new permament content about ancient Gateway that would really expand the lore. Because of that Klei could release an aniamtion on the yt (serious one like new Reign or original trailer) where characters would actually speak normal language. 

In game they would still speak in instruments.

In every other future aniamtion/video characters would speak in instruments again.

I simply want to know that canon voices exist.

What do you think?

55 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

So now I hope that we have all misunderstandings out of the way.

So what I want exactly is: 

A new permament content about ancient Gateway that would really expand the lore. Because of that Klei could release an aniamtion on the yt (serious one like new Reign or original trailer) where characters would actually speak normal language. 

In game they would still speak in instruments.

In every other future aniamtion/video characters would speak in instruments again.

I simply want to know that canon voices exist.

What do you think?

there are no cannon voices... just the instruments.. that's the whole point.. that video was just a one of... it's not cannon

All I know is that when I first saw/heard the Don't Starve Carol video, my first thought was "Wait, that's too deep to be Willow's voice.  That sounds more like Wendy's pitch.  Although, of course, Willow's actual notes are damn hard to hit for anyone who isn't a full-on trained opera soprano..."  (And no, I myself couldn't.  Except perhaps as a brief falsetto squawk.)

So I guess my only thought on this is if they do that again, with the real voices, make sure they fit the characters' canon instrument pitches to avoid confusion.  Otherwise, as long as it's a sometimes thing and isn't in the actual game (which I don't think they'll ever do anyway), I'm good.  : P

...Notorious

13 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

All I know is that when I first saw/heard the Don't Starve Carol video, my first thought was "Wait, that's too deep to be Willow's voice.  That sounds more like Wendy's pitch.  Although, of course, Willow's actual notes are damn hard to hit for anyone who isn't a full-on trained opera soprano..."  (And no, I myself couldn't.  Except perhaps as a brief falsetto squawk.)

So I guess my only thought on this is if they do that again, with the real voices, make sure they fit the characters' canon instrument pitches to avoid confusion.  Otherwise, as long as it's a sometimes thing and isn't in the actual game (which I don't think they'll ever do anyway), I'm good.  : P

...Notorious

asking for perfect pitch translated from instruments is simply not possible... there is always gonna be someone saying is not quiet the same...

I hope this sentiment is not gonna deter the devs from making silly songs for us like the beefalo song... ...

Oh no.. wait.. maybe not... cuz they don't sound exactly like beefalos in the game xD

See my point?

55 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

there are no cannon voices... just the instruments.. that's the whole point.. that video was just a one of... it's not cannon

Are you actually serious? Did you even read anything from this thread except Fang's posts?

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎21 at 9:28 PM, Szczuku said:

Now I know that these voices weren't confirmed canon but what about actually releasing canon voices one day?

Seriously...

38 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

That was a FAN-MADE thing, and it was sillier.  I'm not asking for "perfect pitch" (on the carol one), just, it kinda startled me that it wasn't even in the same range.  And then I also said _that I understood why_, right in the same breath.  Sheesh.

...Notorious

Actually this was exactly how I'd imagine Willow's real voice to sound

Archived