The long pause at the start of each cycle is the auto-save.  There's currently not much that can be done about this, and it's been suggested that it might be caused by the large amount of report data included in late game saves.  Sure would be nice if we could adjust the frequency or disable this feature, but as of now those aren't options.

For loading a game, I suggest exiting the game entirely first.  I've found that saves from a freshly loaded game usually load in about 1/3 of the time compared to loads performed from within an existing game.

The smaller the map = Shorter loading times and faster save game map preparation calculations. Generate a map of 10% size and Bobs your Uncle.

On a fast commuter generating a map of 10000% of the default size can take a few days. So for you probably a month :D

If map generation takes too long then the commuter can get crashy with ONI, so the commuter then has a crush on ONI. Its noice to have a crush on someone.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:33 PM, Sliceofpow said:

Is there a way to lessen the loading time between new cycles and load startup at the end game. My laptop has minimum requirements but if I can help it you're contribution would be much appreciated.

image.png.cd4a8b44d49110ee7966657eb230e977.png

Archived