I would be really interested to see Klei add a Dark Magic Shop to the second Pig City. What I mean by this is that there would be the Flying Pig Arcane Shop, which sells basic magical items (Fire/Ice Staff, Dark Sword, Life Amulet) and maybe the Fuel Weaver (two words) Black Magic Shop. This shop would sell the ancient items from the Pseudoscience Station, such as the Star Caller's Staff, Lazy Explorer, Construction Amulet and Magiluminescence. Of course they would be expensive, costing ~100 Oincs each. I think that this would add a new layer of depth to the currence/shop system. Tell me what you think!

16 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

I would be really interested to see Klei add a Dark Magic Shop to the second Pig City. What I mean by this is that there would be the Flying Pig Arcane Shop, which sells basic magical items (Fire/Ice Staff, Dark Sword, Life Amulet) and maybe the Fuel Weaver (two words) Black Magic Shop. This shop would sell the ancient items from the Pseudoscience Station, such as the Star Caller's Staff, Lazy Explorer, Construction Amulet and Magiluminescence. Of course they would be expensive, costing ~100 Oincs each. I think that this would add a new layer of depth to the currence/shop system. Tell me what you think!

Some way to access these rare items would be nice, but I feel them just being ordinary shop items (even if expensive) feels cheap. What if it was in a strange witch pig's hut deep in the forest? At the very least they'd need to be unstealable and very expensive. Or, there could be Thulecite/crafting access deep in the Ruins.

1 hour ago, GuacBoy said:

Some way to access these rare items would be nice, but I feel them just being ordinary shop items (even if expensive) feels cheap. What if it was in a strange witch pig's hut deep in the forest? At the very least they'd need to be unstealable and very expensive. Or, there could be Thulecite/crafting access deep in the Ruins.

Maybe a Travelling Cart, like the one in Stardew Valley? He could appear maybe every 20 days :p

Yeah, I don't think it should just be on the second island. I agree with other suggestions here, maybe a boss monster battle to get a special item to unlock the ability to build one, or something. Maybe find a shop inside the ruins ran by an automaton that you can kill to rebuild it elsewhere or something. The items should be expensive and maybe even use a different currency, like strait up nightmare-fuel instead of oincs or something.

Archived