Where is all the Gold?

DSONI

Hello @DSONI, welcome to the forums. There are some mineable boulders in Cave Clefts. You can also break down Pillars in Cave Clefts and Ruins to cause an earthquake, items/creatures fall from ceiling. There's also gold in the General Store(?) - Shovel Sign 10 oincs for 1 gold. You can also make Gold Pan and use it on puddles in Iron Biomes (not sure on specific names) where Pangoldens and Thunderbirds live, these yield Gold Dust. Six Gold Dust can be refined to one Gold Nugget in refine tab.

That's what I've encountered so far. I hope it helps, cheers.

38 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @DSONI, welcome to the forums. There are some mineable boulders in Cave Clefts. You can also break down Pillars in Cave Clefts and Ruins to cause an earthquake, items/creatures fall from ceiling. There's also gold in the General Store(?) - Shovel Sign 10 oincs for 1 gold. You can also make Gold Pan and use it on puddles in Iron Biomes (not sure on specific names) where Pangoldens and Thunderbirds live, these yield Gold Dust. Six Gold Dust can be refined to one Gold Nugget in refine tab.

That's what I've encountered so far. I hope it helps, cheers.

Gold panning is super slow. What I would do is to chisel the stone totems and get 2 gold each. Its really easy actually. Yes early game go find a bat cave where it should have at least 1 bolder which should yell at least 1 gold. Get iron it's more useful from mosquito mounts. 

gold panning is really inefficient, if u want gold there's more ways to get it
1- bat caves : bat caves have stalagmites. ( not dangerous if u dont mine the columns. )
2- pig shops : 10 oincs = 1 gold, pick up poop sell grass sell plop ( petals ).
3- if u already have gold then chiseling pig statues and such statues with gold shining in them will grant you 2 gold
( getting shears and getting clippings and selling them for oincs to buy gold is also a good way to make gold [ 5 uses of shears is one gold ] )

In the shop, just don't buy useless stuff. I buy only few stuff, miner hat, pierogi, berry bushes(entire stock), gold, anti venom(2). Early gold for science you have enough in bat caves, just enter in each one so you don't forget about them.

17 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I tried this and got nothing, but after a few rains you can just find gold lying around on the iron turf. I’m assuming it’s from pangoldens drinking the pools

I had to drop 4 golden dust and wait a few steps away so Pangolden can eat it in peace. Maybe it's actually 5, and the time any of us tried they've already drank a few from pools. 

Just a guess, you could look into the files for the specifics.

46 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

I had to drop 4 golden dust and wait a few steps away so Pangolden can eat it in peace. Maybe it's actually 5, and the time any of us tried they've already drank a few from pools. 

Just a guess, you could look into the files for the specifics.

Mine took only 2 but according to the wiki they do that after 3 

8 hours ago, CrimXane said:

3- if u already have gold then chiseling pig statues and such statues with gold shining in them will grant you 2 gold

I'm not sure I got that. Do you mean that those statues, giving only gold powder, will give you gold nuggets instead if you carry gold?

5 hours ago, Hx380 said:

Put 3 golden dust near pangolden and he will poop out a golden nugget

Tried that too after reading it on the wiki, but no gold-poop!

14 minutes ago, Mazamazine said:

I'm not sure I got that. Do you mean that those statues, giving only gold powder, will give you gold nuggets instead if you carry gold?

Use a ballpein hammer to extract the gold

39 minutes ago, Mazamazine said:

Then he needs more dust

Just find a cave, mine some stalaghmite or a boulder. Its the easiest way if you dont mine the collums, the thing most dangerous you'll find is a sleeping bat. You can also find a boulder that seems like and egg with leaves if I can remember well, if you mine that you drop a gold nugget.

Archived