Hamlet Worlds Are Quite Messy.

Never in all my time playing Don't Starve have I come across such poorly generated worlds. In RoG, there were nice neat branches coming off of the center with different biomes. the worlds felt open. in Hamlet, however, there are SO MANY FLAWS. In every world I generate, there are so many choke points and holes in the world that it looks like a deformed piece of Swiss cheese. Klei, if you are reading this, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

36 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Never in all my time playing Don't Starve have I come across such poorly generated worlds. In RoG, there were nice neat branches coming off of the center with different biomes. the worlds felt open. in Hamlet, however, there are SO MANY FLAWS. In every world I generate, there are so many choke points and holes in the world that it looks like a deformed piece of Swiss cheese. Klei, if you are reading this, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

We are being very unjust by calling it trash to the Klei team here. When you log in you can its clearly written that it is EARLY ACCESS  in massive letters. They have mentioned multiple times that now their biggest priority is fixing game breaking bugs and looking at performance issues.Its mentioned everywhere that balancing will be done, I am sure the world generation will be looked upon too.

I have written in multiple posts how biomes massively overlap and spillover. Some biomes are empty or get fragmented. I am also unhappy about how small the lake biome/green forest biome is or how empty the tea tree biome is.

Holes can sometimes be interesting, but the worst part is the 3 or more small biomes mixed in together without any sense. Worst offenders are grasslands or that dry land with thunderbirds connected to pond.

I'd love to have at least one biome unique to one of the floating islands.

One of the floating islands could have reskined pond to form a mentioned river, forming quick waterway from the city to jungle, where jungle part of the river may have some dangers inside but still be quicker than tearing through bushes.

My favorite biome, which is disased jungle (?) is for now boring, as it doesent contain anything unique aside from the need to wear gas mask (disased jungle trees doesent count); shouldn't such a unwelcome place contain something making it worth the trouble?

Also, what inferjus4 said.

Archived