Jump to content

Aquatuner Loop


Recommended Posts

I don't know the thread you are looking for but here's the solution I use

Hot liquids are piped in from the left, cold liquids leave to the right

set the aqua thermal sensor to the temp you want and it will turn on the shut off allowing cold packets to leave, warm ones continue to the aqua tuner

The reason for the reservoir is to prevent backups in the pipe which would allow warm packets though

cooler1.thumb.png.cdf8145157fd8a76a36932333a664533.pngcooler2.thumb.png.3801ad0932c0be967cf67b59f0abb5b3.pngcooler3.thumb.png.d462fdfc65202ac94e2ea4d7a0eb2dbf.png

 

               --------------------------- EDIT-------------------------

 

I made a mistake, don't connect a pipe between the input and output of the aquatuner! 

See @Lifegrow's reply below 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe you are referring to this post in this thread:

I more or less recreated the setup there, however because I did not have adequate throughput compared to my Valve setting I was having inconsistent results.

The equation you're looking for is this:

( [pipe max] / [valve rate] ) * [cooling factor] = [final temp]

In the case you are referring to, you are working with an Aquatuner so [cooling factor] would be 14 and [pipe max] would be 10,000 (liquid pipes).  If you were working with Thermoregulators instead it would be 7 14 and 1,000, respectively.

As an example, lets run the equation for getting 20 C water.  Since it's Water, we know it's a liquid, so it's 10,000 for [pipe max], and an Aquatuner means [cooling factor] is 14.  We're shooting for 20 C, so [final temp] is 20.  Plug in the information you have against the missing piece and solve the equation.

(10,000 / [valve] ) * 14 = 20

10,000 * 14 = 20 * [valve]

140,000 = 20 * [valve]

140,000 / 20 = [valve]

7,000 = [valve]

So to get a final output temp of 20 C, you'd set the flowrate on the Valve to 7,000 g/s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

I believe you are referring to this post in this thread:

I more or less recreated the setup there, however because I did not have adequate throughput compared to my Valve setting I was having inconsistent results.

You could add a giant buffer in-between by using some kind of reservoir. Then you could use the build as it exists there, hook up the element sensor and then have your reservoir "eat" the few too-hot packets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

In the case you are referring to, you are working with an Aquatuner so [cooling factor] would be 14 and [pipe max] would be 10,000 (liquid pipes).  If you were working with Thermoregulators instead it would be 7 14 and 1,000, respectively.

Thermoregulators reduce the temperature of gasses by 14 degree too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Thermoregulators reduce the temperature of gasses by 14 degree too.

I did not realize that.  I have never been in a position to use Thermoregs.  Thought they cooled by a smaller amount.

7 hours ago, Cypher-7 said:

Do you by chance mean 7,000g/s? Like 7kg/s? Because 7000kg is a lot.

Yeah....  realized in the shower this afternoon that I did that through the entire post.  It should all be grams, not kilograms.  Yesterday was a long day >.>

10 hours ago, Capsup said:

You could add a giant buffer in-between by using some kind of reservoir. Then you could use the build as it exists there, hook up the element sensor and then have your reservoir "eat" the few too-hot packets.

The issue I was having is the valve was taking 7,000 g/s, but I only had a single Sieve processing a mere 5,000 g/s.  At least I think that was the problem.  Somehow I ended up having a packet stuck on the Aquatuner output that was 12 C, and somehow that was breaking the pipe and causing it to leak clean water into the polluted water pool.  Which....  still shouldn't be the cause, since neither water or polluted water solidify at that point.

But it was also rather inconsistent, I ended up loading from auto-saves a few times for other reasons, and it didn't happen at the same points.  It would be fine for several more cycles then break again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/3/2018 at 10:23 AM, Neotuck said:

I don't know the thread you are looking for but here's the solution I use

Hot liquids are piped in from the left, cold liquids leave to the right

set the aqua thermal sensor to the temp you want and it will turn on the shut off allowing cold packets to leave, warm ones continue to the aqua tuner

The reason for the reservoir is to prevent backups in the pipe which would allow warm packets though

cooler1.thumb.png.cdf8145157fd8a76a36932333a664533.pngcooler2.thumb.png.3801ad0932c0be967cf67b59f0abb5b3.pngcooler3.thumb.png.d462fdfc65202ac94e2ea4d7a0eb2dbf.png

 

               --------------------------- EDIT-------------------------

 

I made a mistake, don't connect a pipe between the input and output of the aquatuner! 

See @Lifegrow's reply below 

 

Do you know how long it takes to fill the liquid reservoir of the Aquatuner is running constantly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got this basic Factorio style redundant mass transport design for gas & liquid cooling which I often use, with temp sensors at different temp settings ahead of shutoff valves. If some machinery breaks, it doesnt matter - As some other parallel system will take over the job.

image.thumb.png.e33ca9d117fe4b44116c85d3e63edf69.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...