Web farm ideas.

So I have a half dozen spider nests, and am thinking about creating a web farm. My current idea requires me to man it at night.1. Deploy nests in a large circle during the day.2. Build a fire pit in the center.3. Kill spiders when the sun goes down.I think anymore than 6 nests and I would run the risk of being overwhelmed.Also, I think I might have to spread my deployment of them because the last thing I want is six spider queens running around.Or, maybe just destroy the nests once they reach their third tier. Thoughts/improvements?

I built a sort of spider enclosure to farm monster meat and silk. The spiders are forced to wander within the walls and eventually get stuck in the traps, making them easy to harvest. When the den reaches tier 3, I whack it with a boomerang, don a spider hat, and force the spiders to destroy their own house. I then use the hat and their confinement to lead them into the traps (or just kill any stragglers) and plant a new den. With enough traps to ensure the spiders get caught every night there is very minimal damage to the walls, so they don't require much upkeep.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I built a sort of spider enclosure to farm monster meat and silk. The spiders are forced to wander within the walls and eventually get stuck in the traps, making them easy to harvest. When the den reaches tier 3, I whack it with a boomerang, don a spider hat, and force the spiders to destroy their own house. I then use the hat and their confinement to lead them into the traps (or just kill any stragglers) and plant a new den. With enough traps to ensure the spiders get caught every night there is very minimal damage to the walls, so they don't require much upkeep.

Posted Image

Brilliant!
  • Like 1

Ok.Six nests was way too much.Four is manageable, just don't get complacent.Three is the sweet spot.Six had me running back to my camp like a baby. Maybe with a small pig army it could be done.But three is just what I need really. ~8 silk and ~20 monster meat out of one night. That's enough silk for a tent, which is exactly what I was looking to get. I really like that spider enclosure by Helo. Its maniacal.

Posted Image

post-7423-13764591215813_thumb.jpg

i have to make it in my world, looks great

• Like 1

Posted Image
That's quite a nice idea there, I'm going to try and reproduce it in my game before winter hits. *gives out kudos to people for making and bumpin' dis post so I noticed it lol*

I set up two spider farms nearby my base, one at the top end of my base and another past a nearby herd of beefalo. My base is on a small archipelago, and the spider nests go at the very far end of it from where my main camp fire is:post-8755-13764591220161_thumb.jpgI have a secondary fire just below the worker pigs which I use to harvest wood and or spiders. i just light this fire if I need twigs (not as often as grass). To harvest spiders I just throw a boomerang at a couple of the nests and watch the show (If I am lucky a queen comes out):post-8755-13764591220376_thumb.jpgFarming spiders via beefalo is similar- wait till they are on heat then aggro the nests and profit:Collecting wood (If I am lucky a tree ent will show up and farm the pigs for me too):post-8755-13764591220813_thumb.jpg