How do i kill the monster tree?

I killed one of the big ones only once, and it took me 8 pigs, a 100% logsuit armor and a spike weapon. I almost died.

Nowadays, I just "calm him down". There are 2 ways of doing so (that I know of): For one, you'll need lots of reeds. For the other, you'll need lots of guilt.

Edited by Excess
I love being all mysterious, muahaha

I managed to fight off 2 at once before.. basically it is to make sure he is standing at the same position while he is taking swings at you. The time delay seems to be longer when is is standing at one position..let him miss the first swing then go back and hit him 2-3 times then back off just out of range then go back to hit him. If he is walking towards you means you are doing it wrong.

EDIT: 2 at once cuz i walked thru a pig farm to distract the other one then went off to finish them one by one

There is not much benefit to killing the Ent, other than the challenge of doing so. He is very very slow so just walking away from it will get you out of danger. Keep in mind that if you go near him again it will try to attack as it has a memory like an elephant. However this would be an obsessive compulsive elephant who will only concentrate on one thing. It will only try to attack the last thing that attacks it (or nearby trees) so lead a friend pig to it, which will then fight the Ent, and now the Ent won't ever attack you again. It is also useful for getting rid of pigs.

I mean, you cut down his friends (trees) and then you call it a monster. Damn orcs the lot of you. Why not be friends with it?

Edited by karamawari

His attacks and movement are pretty slow. It isn't too difficult with timing to get off 3 hits, back away to dodge his blow, then go back in etc. If you do it well you can avoid taking any damage; however, having some armor could still be good since he can 2 hit you I think. He has a lot of health so definitely have a spear at least. There does need to be more of a reward to killing him though as he still drops meat...

I recently had two pop up on me at the same time. Lucky for me they were both appeased by 4 pinecones. After that, I just set campfires down next to them -- as close as I could get them. Using the campfire to burn them means they don't pop back up to attack you! So long as you don't get caught in the fire (as anyone but Willow, you'll take damage), you should be perfectly fine! Eventually they'll keel over. You'll most likely lose the log they drop, but the meat remains (tree meat. delicious). The meat you can set aside and sue for your Effigies!

I fought two big ones today. Dunno if they were the largest or what but they weer pretty massive. I always make sure I have the mats to make a normal fire and some sort of fuel for it to grow big enough to light stuff on fire. I run him around while building the fire and lighting it. Then I run around in circles around the fire. It takes me about 10 times of getting him lit on fire to kill him. Sometimes the stuff he drops gets burnt though.