Vines should only grow back on doors that don't block a path to the exit

On 16/10/2018 at 11:51 PM, Diaboliko said:

Why do they regrow that fast in the first place..?

Their name is Creeping vines so... They are supposed to do that.

Yet I saw myself in those situations as well. I had been locked out because my machete broke... I had to console spawn myself a new machete

11 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Their name is Creeping vines so... They are supposed to do that.

Yet I saw myself in those situations as well. I had been locked out because my machete broke... I had to console spawn myself a new machete

Yeah, I ended up using a Telelocator staff and luckly I only had to "cheat" using it once as I was teleported to the exit.

Still, I hope they tweak this because otherwise we would have to speed run through the dungeons and I like taking my time exploring the rooms :)

28 minutes ago, deadgag said:

Yeah, I ended up using a Telelocator staff and luckly I only had to "cheat" using it once as I was teleported to the exit.

Still, I hope they tweak this because otherwise we would have to speed run through the dungeons and I like taking my time exploring the rooms :)

Just do what Zeklo suggested - have enough materials for a new machete in case you'll need it. It's the same as with light source - you shouldn't go deep in the caves without a few grass and twigs at least, otherways you die. 

46 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Just do what Zeklo suggested - have enough materials for a new machete in case you'll need it. It's the same as with light source - you shouldn't go deep in the caves without a few grass and twigs at least, otherways you die. 

Oh right, that is correct, but my case wasn't exactly like OP's. I was trapped due to the vines as well but not the ones that were in the same room as I was because I had a working machete. The problem is that the door I went through had vines on both "sides". So I could cut the door's vines on the side I was in, but it's like that the other side of it - the other room - the vines had grew again and so I was locked.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding I actually thought I had read something similar in OP's post! Regarding not having a new machete, you're both right, if the problem was that I would've accepted my righteous defeat!

Edit: here it is:image.thumb.png.01f7a50655023b0b05acd674cb54294e.png

image.thumb.png.a9842852121053455a16592e3023ac8b.png

In my opinion, it is Ok for the player to be trapped inside the ruins. It is also Ok for me that the player have a very dungerous experience in the ruins, it kinda fits the game idea.

The problem is that there are no ways to revive. That is very bad.

35 minutes ago, deadgag said:

Oh right, that is correct, but my case wasn't exactly like OP's. I was trapped due to the vines as well but not the ones that were in the same room as I was because I had a working machete. The problem is that the door I went through had vines on both "sides". So I could cut the door's vines on the side I was in, but it's like that the other side of it - the other room - the vines had grew again and so I was locked.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding I actually thought I had read something similar in OP's post! Regarding not having a new machete, you're both right, if the problem was that I would've accepted my righteous defeat!

Edit: here it is:image.thumb.png.01f7a50655023b0b05acd674cb54294e.png

Oh, I see.

Tho, I think that in your case here, it's not the vines that grew back on the other side (which would be a bug I think, that has never happened to me). Some doors are blocked by a wall, which raises only if you push down a button. I believe that the door on your screenshot had both vines and a wall (I've seen such thing a few times already); if you look closer, you can see one of the stones a bit outstanding from the floor, just a bit right from Wilson. There are other buttons too; one at the entrance and one in the middle too; all should be connected to the same door.

Well I don't mind them regrowing as long is its within reasonable parameters. But going back and forth within from one room to another should definitely not trigger the regrowth. 

I think the regrowth cycle should last maybe around 5 days or so. Giving you enough time to do your business and go back home.

I am usually a very "as much vanilla as possible and no mods, difficult is nice" kinda guy. But when certain mechanics are just a pure chore and pose no actual difficulty... I tend to turn them off. Same reason why I hate disease in DST.

I always carry around a full stack of grass, flint, twigs and in hamlet I am going to add iron to that list. But creating like 3 scissors to get to the second pig city and back home again is just annoying.

1 hour ago, Wyulliam said:

The problem is that there are no ways to revive. That is very bad.

There is currently one method, it involves beating or evading a boss though.

1 hour ago, Rhobious_Aran said:

But creating like 3 scissors to get to the second pig city and back home again is just annoying.

One is plenty if you're just passing through unless you're wasting time inside.

3 hours ago, Zeklo said:

There is currently one method, it involves beating or evading a boss though.

But it is a one time only method, right? Comparing to the pig stone and meat statue, it is not that much. 

But I believe that this is just beta issue, the game itself will have more ways of reviving. And with that, probably the ruins will get harder

4 hours ago, Wyulliam said:

But it is a one time only method, right? Comparing to the pig stone and meat statue, it is not that much. 

But I believe that this is just beta issue, the game itself will have more ways of reviving. And with that, probably the ruins will get harder

Well the gorillas dropping the beard hair is probably for a reason, I think they removed the ability to craft the meat effigy in the current beta build

Archived