The wider the area the more polluted the air becomes?

something I noticed from constant replays of this game is the further I dig and the wider it becomes, the air gets toxic. So does it have to do with the dirt or other factors? I'm not talking about slime but a little earlier before you dig up or down.

Can you show a screenshot of what you mean? The only thing I can think of is that the more you widen your base early game, the thinner the air becomes, which below a certain threshold the oxygen overlay will label as "barely breathable" or "unbreathable", even if there is a small amount of oxygen.

No relation

Areas with low pressure are more likely to get polluted since both offgassing slime and offgassing water stop offgassing at 1.8kg/tile pressure.

There is no effect in the game that changes clean oxygen into polluted oxygen. Germs can be transferred onto clean oxygen, but it will not turn into the greenish polluted oxygen which germs need to actually multiply.

15 hours ago, crypticorb said:

The only thing I can think of is that the more you widen your base early game, the thinner the air becomes, which below a certain threshold the oxygen overlay will label as "barely breathable" or "unbreathable"

Yeah, that's exactly what I was wondering about. I notice some patches of red early on when I was widening the threshold. I thought it had to do with the dirt but nevermind.

16 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

Areas with low pressure are more likely to get polluted since both offgassing slime and offgassing water stop offgassing at 1.8kg/tile pressure.

Then why do I need to keep my puft ranch pressurized to 3 kg / tile to stop the slime from off gassing?

1 hour ago, psusi said:

Then why do I need to keep my puft ranch pressurized to 3 kg / tile to stop the slime from off gassing?

Is it pure po2 or are there other gases?  Mixed gases can lead to low pressure areas.

Archived