Rovers and robotics

Hello, greatest developers and players! (•ω•)/

:wilson_cool:Robotics can make your base very cool and efficient. “Like a BOSS”.

And, it should be about the time to introduce robotics into the game. Some players really want some driller bots cleaning up the mess after meteor showers.

Rovers also, that can be used for (unmanned) space mission or scouting. (A rover module can be introduced also.)

I have think about logistic drones. It can be something look like shinebugs (You know, human learn things from nature and put those mechanisms into the life.)

Other suggestions?

Please comment! (•ω•)/

Not sure about the logistics drone since we already have autosweepers and the conveyer system.

The only robot I think that's really necessary would be a drilling robot for that mountains of regolith we're getting. I think a satellite drone is implemented wherein it can detect meteor shower in a much much more advance time which would give time for the bunker doors to close.

I think a sweeper robot would also be nice (though I'm hesitant on this idea) being able to collect stuff it sweeps up and return to a port which would unload it to a conveyer system. This would take care of lag having sooo many autosweepers littered on the map whereas only having one bot do all the work. Cost of power will also be greatly increased of course.

Hmmm.... Carryall-drone, supporting builds with needed mats very quickly, but with only 100kg each flight.

A huge robot or truck carrying massive amounts of ressources to builds, but slow (1/4 of the speed of a dupe, and of course it needs a suitable path)

Both not really necessary, but somewhat cool ^^

Robots could do all sorts of stuff. i always imagined robots as robo-dupes maybe on wheels. They would need charging stations and maybe could have their own schedule or being activated via automation. Maybe even they could need special tiles they can move over. Robots would do simple tasks like deliver and dig leaving the more complex stuff for their creators.

8 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Robots could do all sorts of stuff. i always imagined robots as robo-dupes maybe on wheels. They would need charging stations and maybe could have their own schedule or being activated via automation. Maybe even they could need special tiles they can move over. Robots would do simple tasks like deliver and dig leaving the more complex stuff for their creators.

ONI: Become Meep

Oh wowza! I just found this after writing a huge thread on robotics. It's pending, but man I agree with you, robots would improve gameplay a lot, and add a ton of depth. I mean I don't wanna spend a lot of time writing my whole post again but if the thread gets approved I'm sure you could find my ideas on robotics. Basically, it's a tier system and would start automating basic tasks like digging, farming, and logistics. Then it would get more complex and help dupes explore dangerous environments, act as mobile bases, improve the efficiency a lot, and in the third tier, replace dupes to some extent! (Perhaps 4th tier used to terraform the solar system with a gray-goo nanobot cloud?)

Archived