Shadow Pieces Farm

WARNING! This is a very complicated tactic! Which means,you won't be successful on your first try.  

Things you need: A lot of rocks, 60 Gunpowder, Hammer, 1 Lureplant bulb (you might need more if it falls in the sea) 2 Cutstone for Rook and Bishop statue, 4-5 Football Helmets, 2-3 Wood Armor, Healing items, Hambat, Fire Staff, A source for light (I used Star Caller Staff) and cutstone for the knight statues (I did 20 statues in the video so 20 cutstone. You can do few or more) and of course patience. 

You need to do this tactic near an edge of your world. Tight spaces and rivers won't work,so make sure you do in the same location as I did. Make sure the Bishop statue is next to you when hammering because you can get out of bounds faster (Rook's hitbox is bigger and it gets in the way).  Rook and Bishop shadows MUST teleport to you out of bounds!! Try to keep distance from Knight shadows because they do A LOT OF damage! Also make sure the Knights reach Level 3!! 
Practice a lot and you'll be successful.

Dear god. This might be the biggest cheese in the game I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

At first I didn't know why you said that the knights do a lot of damage, but after watching the video now I do. I guess this is also the fastest (not-quite-legit) way to farm nightmare fuel, not to mention all the swords and armor you get from the knights. 

Holy crap, at first I thought this would be something like 3 hearts from one full moon, but holy darkness cheese. I might eventually do it myself as well (first time I'm actually considering the border glitch) to avoid those tedious shadowpiecegrinds.

Also a very worth usage for Gunpowder, which usually otherwise is too grindy for my taste.

Archived