Too much polluted O2 - HELP!

So normally I ignore polluted O2 vents.  But my new map has 3 of them.  What is the best way to process polluted O2.  I already have too much oxygen in order to keep my AETN's running, so is there any other option than learning how to puff farm?

Apart from Puft->Slime->Pwater+Algae (just 6 should be able to cover all vents), you can turn the Oxygen into Oxylite after having the (one should be enough) deodorizer take care of the "polluted" part.

Though I can not help but ask how many duplicants you have since just one electrolyzer should be able to keep 12 AETN running constantly, and there are only 3 on each map.

No, but most polluted oxygen vents average about enough output for one dupe, right?

If you're over-producing oxygen to feed hydrogen generators, well, might turn your attention towards a more power efficient base next.

I always just stack deodorizers all over them and dig a path for the O2 to naturally flow into my base or oxygenate some pathway in my asteroid. It ends up being a way to save on water consumption, and sometimes to reduce the number of places my dupes need suits for.

I know it's not an answer to the exact question you asked, but no, there's no better way to use it. Pufts are mostly a meaningless endeavor in their current state unless you're REALLY strapped for water. The heat can be annoying as well, so be prepared for that.

It makes no sense to use anything else for O2 then electrolysers.  I gain power and O2 that is cooler than the vents.  It wouldn't make sense to use the polluted O2 for O2, when I can gain power and cooler O2.  

Looks like puff farm it is...   Crappy seed man, the polluted O2 vents are kinda useless.  I mean, the amount of water they will produce doesnt even seem worth it...

12 minutes ago, smithdl said:

It makes no sense to use anything else for O2 then electrolysers.  I gain power and O2 that is cooler than the vents.  It wouldn't make sense to use the polluted O2 for O2, when I can gain power and cooler O2.  

Looks like puff farm it is...   Crappy seed man, the polluted O2 vents are kinda useless.  I mean, the amount of water they will produce doesnt even seem worth it...

While they are less useful than many other vents, they are far from useless.  Try putting together a very reasonable sized puft farm and you'll quickly realize how much PO2 those things eat.  I struggle just to keep enough PO2 in their ranch to avoid the "starving" notifications.

13 hours ago, smithdl said:

Well, depends on the output of your vents. I once have a vent could support oxygen for 4 dupes and I was very happy with it since I can save a lot of water. And it's very easy to cool oxygen in hydrogen room with wheezeworts without using any powers. If your vents are crappy then sorry, you can't support dupes or puffs

Archived