Automatic Omelette

I saw some dupes carrying Omelettes through a checkpoint.  It turned out I didn't have a chest on sweep only so I lost quite a few molten slickers.  Anyway.  The conditions were just right and they were turned in to omelettes without being cooked since the temperature in that area is over 100c.  I wonder what other food will auto cook?

20180920193703_1.thumb.jpg.0bb04143edaffdbad3d723d8535374ec.jpg

Muhahahahaha .. this is interesting...No dupe cooker. The real question is at what temp raw egg transform itself in omelette. You don't even need an egg cracker. Is sufficient to have a storage area whit high temp. The egg will go to raw eggs and the raw egg into omelette. Let see if we have a player to make a nice autocooker design until i reach home from work. If not i will make one in this afternoon for proving the concept.

Questions that remain:

1. What temp exactly does the egg cook at?
  2. How long does it take took cook (takes much longer to cook when submerged in tiny mg of chlorine). In the petro bath above, it takes mere seconds to cook.
  3. Does changing the liquid change the cooking time/temp?  Water? Crude? What about 10kg of hydrogen, chlorine, etc, vs 1 kg?  
  4. Would 1000kg of water be the best?  Just drop the eggs in a cool steam geyer, then pick them up 2 seconds later.
  5. Do they cook in storage, or on a conveyor?

Gotta head.  Have fun testing.

Looks like the volume of water has no effect, as long as it's over 100kg (same time with 100, 200, ..., 1000kg).  It also cooked at 71.4C. 

5ba471bf8f042_Screenshotfrom2018-09-2022-21-00.thumb.png.0a789363e484043edae0b14f62703a53.png

Looks like the volume of water has no effect, as long as it's over 100kg (same time with 100, 200, ..., 1000kg).  It also cooked at 71.4C.

If you have time (i can't.. i am at work).. see if the temp of water drop after you cook more raw eggs. I think it might do that same as molten lava whit regolith...

Pretty easy possible automation setup.  72c is very easy.  Just geyser water will be hot enough.  An arm just above the hot water to put eggs in and transfer omelettes out. 

It is nice but I still think having them come to term and die for the meat is better.  But I do crack a lot of shine bug eggs so I could auto cook those.

An arm just above the hot water to put eggs in and transfer omelettes out. 

You don't need the arm to put in in water. You need a rail receiver submerged in water for the raw eggs, and a sweep arm to take the omelets to the storage area. The only problem is if the water lose heat during cooking. I think it does. The only complication is put a liquid vent under the sweep arm and a pump under the receiver to send the water to the oxygen production part. 

The real problem is what you do whit the omelets... My dupes are used whit peeper bread and barbecue...Maybe if you feed the hatches you make more coal...I must redesign my kitchen. 

Post edit:

Have anyone tried this whit mush bars for obtaining mush fry?

@tzionut

The water temp does drop. The transformation takes place precisely when the egg goes from 71.0C to 71.1C. The egg weighs 1000g, so I'm guessing it's just a heat transfer issue. Gonna test if it happens in storage bins right now. 

Haha.  The egg falls out of the fridge when it passes 71C, and becomes an omelette.  That's the magic temp. Looks like cool steam vents are now the new meta for cooking eggs. Hilarious.

26 minutes ago, tzionut said:

Have anyone tried this whit mush bars for obtaining mush fry?

It doesn't work.  I tried meal like, bristle berry, sleet wheat, mushroom, and meat.  No changes even past 1000C. Just raw egg.

I'm gonna put this one down as a feature, not a bug.  It's pretty cool.

But I do crack a lot of shine bug eggs so I could auto cook those.

See if the shinebugs eat omelette.. I think some variants does. If i remember correct (from when i play whit the shine bugs and lure) If you feed them they multiply faster. It can be a alternative  closed positive loop for egg production and adjacent for shell and lime production.

2 hours ago, goatt said:

d you need to crack it first?

Nope. They auto-crack. Just as if you put them in a storage. Just like the incubator, the egg cracker is actually a redundant building unless you're in a hurry and just need the eggs cracked now, or you need them to hatch as soon as possible.

Archived