Hallowed nights 2.0

-Add new skins that are characters' skeletons when strucked by lightning

-New craftable decorations/statues: batilisks, spiders, other creatures associated with halloween

-Skeleton/zombie creatures coming out of graves durring nights like spiders from dens

-Reskin some creaturs just like with bosses durring winter's feast: Werepig Pig King for example.

The skeleton skins would be alright. It's a bit stale, to be honest.

If you are talking about marble sculptures, that's an alright idea.

No. Zombies are not Don't Starve.

The reskins are an alright idea, I'd actually like to see a Werepig pig king reskin... as long as it doesn't run at me.

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I personally think it would be better if some normal enemies were reskined instead of making new creatures.

Yeah I think so. Cause they'd have to go through many implications about that enemy - and we are meant to be the only human (don't mind webs or WX) life forms in the game.

1 hour ago, Floofer said:

Yeah I think so. Cause they'd have to go through many implications about that enemy - and we are meant to be the only human (don't mind webs or WX) life forms in the game.

That could easily be explained away with just "shadows and magic". So I don't see that of an issue. I was looking at it from more of an angle of how annoying it could be if you made a base near a few graves before the event, and suddenly when the event starts you have enemies attacking you on a nightly basis. All coming from an indestructible source.

While I did enjoy the additional challenge of the winter's feast deerclops, I feel like it caused issues with newer players as the event changed gameplay and difficulty too much.

20 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

While I did enjoy the additional challenge of the winter's feast deerclops, I feel like it caused issues with newer players as the event changed gameplay and difficulty too much.

Man, I remember going on pubs specifically during winter during the event, almost all players, new and old, died to lazerclops. The lazer's range was just too big for most people to reliably kite, or even run away in fear from. And while I appreciated the change in a very straightforward fight, I felt the lazer was ludicrous (its range and the fact everything in its path was eliminated) for new players to deal with and made noob traps incredibly less reliable (someone lured it to a reed trap on a pub and it destroyed all the reeds)

While I personally enjoyed the change, I did feel it needed some reworking as Deerclops is stuck with the unfortunate position of being the first boss new players will usually be enforced to deal with, so if he's too difficult, people will have that sour spot in their memory.

Anyway, I would like to see more changes for Halloween(Being that it's my favorite holiday) and hopefully if Klei was to do anything like that, they'd learn a bit for not excluding any piece of the community.

10 minutes ago, Auth said:

Anyway, I would like to see more changes for Halloween(Being that it's my favorite holiday) and hopefully if Klei was to do anything like that, they'd learn a bit for not excluding any piece of the community.

That's why I feel like the event content needs to be 100% optional, like they largely are currently. I feel like the year of the gobbler is a perfect example. It was all entirely safe and didn't impact the game much. But farming the lucky nuggets and playing with all the "toys" was fun, even if they were fairly impractical for the most part. But then the next year came and with the year of the varg and suddenly the amount of effort to get the nuggets became significantly more work then what it was worth.

I think the point I'm trying to make is, Klei shouldn't make combat or dangerous content for events. It needs to be safe, fun little things that anyone, regardless of skill level, can enjoy.

16 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think the point I'm trying to make is, Klei shouldn't make combat or dangerous content for events. It needs to be safe, fun little things that anyone, regardless of skill level, can enjoy.

actually - winter feast still had a better example than pacifism or full out fighting...

Klaus every 20 days. very basic, I know, but it was a rewarding fight (we know how op Klaus' drops were) which was very much optional.

However, I understand the friendly version. 

20 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

That's why I feel like the event content needs to be 100% optional, like they largely are currently. I feel like the year of the gobbler is a perfect example. It was all entirely safe and didn't impact the game much. But farming the lucky nuggets and playing with all the "toys" was fun, even if they were fairly impractical for the most part. But then the next year came and with the year of the varg and suddenly the amount of effort to get the nuggets became significantly more work then what it was worth.

I'd like An idea of santa. If You've been nice he brings you gifts, better or worse, depending on how nice you have been. Or, very naughty Player would get kidnapped by a legitimate krampus, not that weak smelly thief we know. He Would imprison them, and take them to their lair. The player would have to get out before time passes, or he eats them.

45 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

I'd like An idea of santa. If You've been nice he brings you gifts, better or worse, depending on how nice you have been. Or, very naughty Player would get kidnapped by a legitimate krampus, not that weak smelly thief we know. He Would imprison them, and take them to their lair. The player would have to get out before time passes, or he eats them.

I actually agree with that 100%. Maybe the "real" Krampus could just be Klaus. who knows - since we know his belly needs "feeding" like... every second, so it makes a bit of sense.

On 9/18/2018 at 12:12 PM, Wilson_pl said:

No

On 9/17/2018 at 9:23 AM, Szczuku said:

Add new skins that are characters' skeletons when strucked by lightning

5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.pngHeyo.

On 9/18/2018 at 3:58 PM, Floofer said:

I actually agree with that 100%. Maybe the "real" Krampus could just be Klaus. who knows - since we know his belly needs "feeding" like... every second, so it makes a bit of sense.

Archived