Regolith !!! Feed to Hatch directly in large amounts.

Either allow Regolith to be directly feeding hatch to a large quantity amount for coal version.  Even if the conversion is 0.1, anything to help get rid of the regolith.  Make a new hatch morph type called space hatch or something that eats them.

Or make a new critter that you find off world to bring back. 

Goodness, this regolith nonsense is just lagging the game insanely.  It's reaching unplayable.

1 hour ago, RonEmpire said:

Either allow Regolith to be directly feeding hatch to a large quantity amount for coal version.  Even if the conversion is 0.1, anything to help get rid of the regolith.  Make a new hatch morph type called space hatch or something that eats them.

Or make a new critter that you find off world to bring back. 

Goodness, this regolith nonsense is just lagging the game insanely.  It's reaching unplayable.

Regolith doesnt lag the game, too much critter does.

you just think relgolith does that, but even if you go to debug mode and clear all the regolith, game still lag.

yea- I understand for sure the mass amount of critters lagging the game.  

I was merely suggesting a way to remove the regolith effectively without having to actually haul them around.

having just ONE space creature you bring back a flying one that can with stand heat and just go around and gobble them up. produce something less in return.

There are 2 changes that would make the quantities of Regolith more acceptable:

1)  Allow the Glass Forge (and other buildings that use Sand) to use Regolith as well, whether that be through a less efficient recepie like the Glass Forge or through a toggle between Sand and Regolith on the Water Sieve and Deodorizers

2) Create some new industrial pathway that converts Regolith into some other useful resource.

Create some new industrial pathway that converts Regolith into some other useful resource.

I agree whit you...now you already have such path.

1 Regolith + deoxidizer + polluted oxygen = clay..........clay + hatch = coal......coal + coal generator = power + co2 (problem... less polluted oxygen.. can be made whit morbs, polluted dirth, and polluted water)

2 Melted whit lava until you reach 1410 degrees.. then bottled whit dupes for the steam generators until 240 degrees.. then transported to hatches and transformed to coal...(problem heat...Hatch stable must be isolated outside main base)

3 Melted whit lava until you reach 1410 degrees..then elevated until void area and dispose it if you don't want to use the steam generator.. see this post

When i will finish my power plant and power lines in my current game.. i will use this solution and post the working solution for melting regolith, transport it to the steam generator area, distributed and converted in igneous rock..

This should be in suggestion and feedback forum. By the way, this has been suggested so many times by now that Klei most likely will have flagged this as potential fan service. In all honesty, having the normal hatch just be able to eat regolith is a bit of a dull idea. Why not go more creative? We had a cool idea floating around about a giant hatch roaming the surface and eating a ton of regolith with each bite. I even got to a concept of said hatch:

For the record, I think there is a case to be made for more critters. Provided it comes with additional optimizations to get rid of the fps penalty.

Archived