Bee Queen Cheese [Exploit]

Well, now that I've gotten all my video software and technical stuff out of the way, I figured it's about time to share a few of my strategies for DST. As you may have guessed from the title, I'll be showcasing a cheese for Bee Queen.

This strategy uses a number of mechanics/exploits, but mostly revolves around burn damage, (not to be confused with fire damage) similar to how fire farms worked in singleplayer (i.e. mobs take damage from being near fire, and not being on fire). Essentially, you want to use a method to clip out of the map (e.g. lureplant, structures, gates/sculptures), burn a bunch of items under Bee Queen, and extinguish them before they turn to ashes. This method utilizes rope's long burn time (fun fact: rope has the highest burn time of any item in the game, tied with boards, lureplants, spider eggs, and plants) to cut through Bee Queen's health. I'm a bit surprised that I couldn't find this method online already. This technique isn't limited to only Bee Queen, but Bee Queen is the only giant you can't reliable kite, so it's most effective against her.

Important: In order for this cheese to work, you need to have the Quick Drop client mod enabled, so that you can stack the ropes directly on top of each other and light them all together. If you're on console (PS4), the down button should function the same way. Just be sure to drop them individually, and not in a stack. Burning a stack of items does the same damage as burning a single item.

BEE QUEEN CHEESE

Stats for Nerds

Rope Burn Time = 30 seconds
Burn Damage = 5hp per second
Max Burn Damage = 120hp per second
Rope x24 Potential Burn Damage = 3000hp
Bee Queen Health = 22500hp
Min Water Balloons = 8 balloons

Extra Notes
     I recommend extinguishing the ropes at ~25 seconds to prevent them from turning to ashes. You should only burn a maximum of 24 items; the maximum damage an entity can take from fire is 120hp per second, and each individual item's burn damage is 5hp per second (5 * 24 = 120). While it is possible to place the ropes close enough to the ocean to light them with a torch, it's much safer to use a fire staff to avoid Bee Queen's stings. 

Keep in mind, this strategy positions Bee Queen right by the edge of the ocean. This means her drops have a chance of falling in (similar to cheesing the Ancient Guardian). There is a possibility that a Grumble Bee might spawn in the ocean, so you should still carry a weapon on you just in case. If you have some sort of health info mod enabled, you can whittle her health down with fire, use /rescue to get back on land, and drag her away from the ocean.

32 minutes ago, KoreanWaffles said:

I'm a bit surprised that I couldn't find this method online already.

Creative use of combining the clipping out of the world cheese and using the long burn time and the fire damage mechanic of the ropes to kill Bee Queen.

I've seen esaiXD on twitch use the burning rope mechanic a lot on his streams to essentially stun lock spider queens, with the aid of Abigail. Never crossed my mind to use it on other mobs alongside water balloons.

50 minutes ago, blabla123 said:

can i use ice staff?

The Ice staff does single target freeze/extinguish. So you'd have to hit every single one of those 24 ropes every time.

The Ballons and their splash extinguish are easier to manage.

Alternatively the Luxury fan might do the trick as well, but balloons are still cheaper.

Archived