So I use the following design to cool my metal volcano.´

No overlay

Spoiler

×20180906172122_1.thumb.jpg.a2111bfe8bc7d528c88f6246085362e7.jpg

Conveyor overlay

Spoiler

20180906172216_1.thumb.jpg.e4e11292874ef863916ebe05a2ea0645.jpg

It works by spilling the iron into the petroleum pool, where it gets precooled to about 300 degrees. Further cooling happens on the conveyor rail, which loops through a 50 degree water pool. After this I retrieve the relatively cool Iron at about 70 degrees.

To cool the water pool I use a AETN which is not visible on the picture.

To cool the petroleum I use a steam turbine.

My problem is that the autosweepers and the conveyor loader keep overheating because they are in a vacuum. Any ideas to prevent this?

@NeotuckFrom what I've seen, I don't see how it could get much better!  Thanks for sharing your setup!

I've had mine running for ~1000 cycles.  It's fed cool water from a gulp fish pool that's fed from a slush geyser.  All my wires are conductive and I have an excessive amount of gold tiles in my base, and I'm still sitting on 70+ tons of gold.

The only warning I'll give, is don't let it run dry.  Before setting up a secondary input, I accidently shut off the water feed while doing some pipe re-routing.  Cooked the whole room and was a bit of a pain to fix.  Other than that, it's been hands-off easy gold.

@Neotuck

How much power does your setup use? Do you have any reports telling you how much power your aquatuner uses per cycle?

With power in mind, using petroleum instead of water would make your setup more power hungry, since the aquatuner has to run more, wouldn't it?

6 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

I've had mine running for ~1000 cycles.  It's fed cool water from a gulp fish pool that's fed from a slush geyser.  All my wires are conductive and I have an excessive amount of gold tiles in my base, and I'm still sitting on 70+ tons of gold.

51880eb145f88.thumb.jpeg.e87608108368640ea6ee529c411b8cc9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, MTzu said:

@Neotuck

How much power does your setup use? Do you have any reports telling you how much power your aquatuner úses per cycle?

I don't remember but the whole thing can be on a single 2kw circuit 

@MTzu Please rename the thread to Pimp My Design XD Feels more appropriate XD

To be honest if the only thing that can be improced on is the sweeper arms then like others have said, submerging them slightly should do the job, the one on th eleft can be a sealed room away from the volcano away and allow it to be an air filled room as the water should be cool enough.

@MTzu How to keep your autosweeper and loader from overheating:

Spoiler

meteor-magmaficator-2-finished.thumb.jpg.e73a28716eb92f3b4469a03cca4cef99.jpg

Have a look at a screenshot from the Meteor Magmaficator in the spoiler, the chamber with lava has an autosweeper and a loader at the roof cooled by a bit of petroleum on one side. The waste heat from the auto sweeper and loader are conducted to the petroleum, and then to the roof above.

Note the autosweeper's middle tile is in vacuum and the loader's output tile as well, this is important because otherwise it will leak heat from anything that the auto sweeper or loader are holding. Good luck!

Archived