Uses for regolith?

regolith -> deoderizer-> clay -> normal hatches = meat coal and shells

me i have no use for it . i am thinking of extending the workings of my obsidian forge to vaporize it using the heat from an iron vent .

iron vent heat output is 2526.9

magma vaporization is 2356.9

obsidian and wolfram can both Handel the heat. it would just take a silly long time to get it to that heat point but my forge already 1/3 of the heat and climbing fast . would mean i wont be using that vent for glass and steam but i do have a second iron vent i havent even tapped yet i could set up just for this if its output is half as good as my curent vent

On 8/31/2018 at 2:28 PM, heckubis said:

regolith -> deoderizer-> clay -> normal hatches = meat coal and shells

I fed my hatches clay, but when they eat clay, they produce no coal. Why?

Im also like regolith -> deodorizer -> clay -> kiln -> ceramic -> rock granulator -> sand -> glass forge -> glass

you get unlimited glass whose production rate is limited to regolith spawn rate and PO2 spawn rate.

40 minutes ago, goatt said:

I fed my hatches clay, but when they eat clay, they produce no coal. Why?

Is it small quantities of Clay?  The Coal produced is proportional to the mass consumed.  So if they are just munching on the ~10 kg blobs that drop out of a Deodorizer, it's going to be produced pretty slowly.

Archived